DON'T Read This TRIP REPORT If You're a Princess Hater!

Hi Janet!! Glad you decided to do the TR ( I saw your new pictures and thought I had missed it). Keep up the girly stuff for those of us who have to princess vicariously thru you!!princess:

Hi Janet!! Glad you decided to do the TR ( I saw your new pictures and thought I had missed it). Keep up the girly stuff for those of us who have to princess vicariously thru you!!princess:

Hi! I'm glad you found the trip report! I was back and forth on doing one, but after hitting a mid-winter, post-Disney slump, what choice did I have? I need to relive the trip and all our princess fun!

I promise, there's much more girly stuff to follow!

AND..........

:welcome:

I don't think I have ever heard you mentioned being a scrapper before-would love to see what you do with some of these amazing meet and greets. I am trying to get my planning shoes on for our fall trip but so far haven't found my mojo. Are Katie's glasses new? I don't remember them from the road trip

I don't think I have ever heard you mentioned being a scrapper before-would love to see what you do with some of these amazing meet and greets. I am trying to get my planning shoes on for our fall trip but so far haven't found my mojo. Are Katie's glasses new? I don't remember them from the road trip

Scrapping is my true love. I belong to a great online Disney scrapping group. You can find them here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrappiestdisneyswapping/

Vanessa posted earlier in the trip report. She belongs to the group too. If you join, you can see all the albums members have posted. There's a LOT of inspiration there.

And yes, thanks for noticing Katie's stylish new glasses! She got them right as school started in the fall. Since everyone else in the family has contacts or glasses, I think she knew her days were numbered! :rotfl2: But I love the cool blue frames she chose!

So when are you going in the fall? I'd love to have a trip to plan for right now, but don't know yet what we'll do. I'd like to do Halloween so Katie and I could go in costume together, but my husband might have a conference in Anaheim in December. So I need to wait and hear on that.

Didn't you have some camera problems? How did that turn out?

We usually go for the heat wave special in Sept. We are from the south so the heat isn't that extreme for us.

I totally undestand about the glasses. Both dh & I wear them and our oldest got them a couple of years ago. We actually felt really bad because we hadn't figured it out on our own. He is a great ball player and couldn't hit water from a boat all of the sudden-apparently you need to see the ball to hit the ball-who knew?

Yes, I did send my camera off where they did determine the shutter was sticking and fixed it and had it shipped back within a week total time-unfortunately I am not sure the problem is completely fixed-time will tell.

Thanks for the scrappin link. I am always looking for sources of insipiration. My problem is all I want to scrap is my Disney stuff to keep reliving the trips.

Wow! I am so impressed that you made it to a park by 7:30! What a bummer that nothing special happened with a family that morning. I love the costumes on the characters at the hat too. We only got to meet Chip and Dale this last trip. By the time we finished with them all the other lines were closed. I would have loved to have met Minnie in her pink. She looks so pretty. And once again, that is a gorgeous princess dress.

We usually go for the heat wave special in Sept. We are from the south so the heat isn't that extreme for us.

I totally undestand about the glasses. Both dh & I wear them and our oldest got them a couple of years ago. We actually felt really bad because we hadn't figured it out on our own. He is a great ball player and couldn't hit water from a boat all of the sudden-apparently you need to see the ball to hit the ball-who knew?

Yes, I did send my camera off where they did determine the shutter was sticking and fixed it and had it shipped back within a week total time-unfortunately I am not sure the problem is completely fixed-time will tell.

Thanks for the scrappin link. I am always looking for sources of insipiration. My problem is all I want to scrap is my Disney stuff to keep reliving the trips.

I'm such a weenie in the heat. But I'm tempted to try late October sometime. I want to be able to wear costumes to MNSSHP.

I'll keep my fingers crossed on your camera. I would be beside myself!

One thing I like about that scrapbook group is that while the focus is Disney, some of the challenges are for any sort of page. And we ALL have your problem. The Disney pages are so fun to do, the rest of our pages fall behind! I did find though that after years of doing Disney pages, I needed some inspiration for new ideas. I joined the group and never looked back.

Wow! I am so impressed that you made it to a park by 7:30! What a bummer that nothing special happened with a family that morning. I love the costumes on the characters at the hat too. We only got to meet Chip and Dale this last trip. By the time we finished with them all the other lines were closed. I would have loved to have met Minnie in her pink. She looks so pretty. And once again, that is a gorgeous princess dress.

Thanks for the kind words and for reading along!

I've always been a morning person, so rope drop, or a little early, is not a huge problem. And since it was our first day there, I didn't sleep well and actually woke up well ahead of my alarm. And Katie's pretty easy to get up and going at Disney. It's a different story when the rest of the family is along!

We got through the Minnie and Donald/Daisy lines pretty quickly, then were the last ones in line for Chip and Dale. She closed it right after we got there.

WOW!!! I can not wait to see more............LOVE your outfits!!!

Do you sell/make them?

Welcome to our trip!

I do sew for others, but I don't chat about that here. That's work...... this is sheer FUN! :dance3:

But not the same stuff I make my daughter. These are each a labor of love! :love:

Hi, Janet! It's Amy & Eve! I'm so excited to find your trip report.

I read the first page, and now, I am ready to go back and read the rest. I wanted to subscribe first, though!

We are planning a trip for this August. The heat will be brutal, but we will make the best of it. Character meals in the cool air conditioning will be a must!

Can you believe Eve will turn seven this summer? Seems like yesterday we met at the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party at the Grand Floridian, and Eve was only four, then.

I love your pictures! Katie is a beautiful princess!

Janet....your not going to beleive this....but Skips brother just hurt himself and thinks he brook his foot. He is at the hospital now. of course MIL just called and said "you may need to cancel your trip". I told her "no, Claire and I will still go". Skip also called in before his mom and said, maybe my mom might need to go with us instead, if it is bad. I told him that if it comes down to that, I'll see if Paige wants to go. Of course this totally sucks no matter what. I DO want Skip to come. And I don't know if I can change the person coming on the cruise. I guess I should go ask on the cruiseline forum to be sure, in case it comes down to that.
I swear we are jinxed!!!!

Hi, Janet! It's Amy & Eve! I'm so excited to find your trip report.

I read the first page, and now, I am ready to go back and read the rest. I wanted to subscribe first, though!

We are planning a trip for this August. The heat will be brutal, but we will make the best of it. Character meals in the cool air conditioning will be a must!

Can you believe Eve will turn seven this summer? Seems like yesterday we met at the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party at the Grand Floridian, and Eve was only four, then.

I love your pictures! Katie is a beautiful princess!

YEAH AMY made it! I just sent you a PM. I didn't even know your hung out over here! It does seem like a lifetime ago since the girls got to fall down the Rabbit hole together! Want me to dig up the photo and post it here????

I know summer works out best for you, so LOTS of character meals is a great answer. You can still have some costume fun indoors in the a/c. Your avatar photo is adorable!

Oh........ and I almost forgot.........

Janet....your not going to beleive this....but Skips brother just hurt himself and thinks he brook his foot. He is at the hospital now. of course MIL just called and said "you may need to cancel your trip". I told her "no, Claire and I will still go". Skip also called in before his mom and said, maybe my mom might need to go with us instead, if it is bad. I told him that if it comes down to that, I'll see if Paige wants to go. Of course this totally sucks no matter what. I DO want Skip to come. And I don't know if I can change the person coming on the cruise. I guess I should go ask on the cruiseline forum to be sure, in case it comes down to that.
I swear we are jinxed!!!!

And as for YOU Jen............

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But GOOD for you for saying you and Claire would go anyway. I sure hope Paige could go too. A mother/daughters trip would be fun too. And I would only take your mother if she's as into the magic of Disney as you are!

I sure hope it works out that Skip can go. But after ALL this time...... you and Claire at least have to go. So are you thankful you are into the nonrefundable timeframe???????? Did you buy those nonrefundable plane tickets like I suggested??????

I'm really feeling for you this morning!

Once Again....:eek: i repeat :eek:

Your daughter is stunning once again. Now is she the ones who wants to dress up/ I don't recall ever doing that when I was little :confused3 Though maybe 20ish year sago there was not as many princesses to choose form... though I probable hated dresses who am I kidding :laughing: I hope when I have a a little girl she will et me do that to her. I also think it is so special when the little girls dress up... what wonderful memories :hug:

I do have non refundable. But we do have trip insurance too. But I think he knows he would be dead if we totally canceled. I found out the flight could have a name change for a $50 fee, which if we haveto we have to. Still haven't found out about the cruise though. They are kind of strict on the cruises, so not sure yet. hopefully someone will know and can tell me. I did send out a message to my TA trainer as well.

Once Again....:eek: i repeat :eek:

Your daughter is stunning once again. Now is she the ones who wants to dress up/ I don't recall ever doing that when I was little :confused3 Though maybe 20ish year sago there was not as many princesses to choose form... though I probable hated dresses who am I kidding :laughing: I hope when I have a a little girl she will et me do that to her. I also think it is so special when the little girls dress up... what wonderful memories :hug:

Many thanks! Katie loves the costume play. Some of the costumes were her ideas, some were mine. We love to try and stump the cast members or keep track of how many cast members can identify which costume she's wearing. Not too hard in Belle's yellow gown, but we also do the obscure stuff. Last year she had a replica of Cinderella's Parade Gown, and we enjoyed seeing who "got" it.

Through the years, we've been able to make friends with some of the cast members and they remember us from one year to the next. It has really become a game to get as many costume photos with the characters as we can so we can scrapbook them when we get home.

She kept the Belle gown on at DHS for a while that day, but the others she mostly puts on for the photos. So it looks like she wanders around all day in costume, but that's not the case. I don't mind making a fancy costume for her to wear just a few minutes as long as we get the fun photos to bring home. I keep it on her terms, and I think it's why she still enjoys it. In most of the photos, she has other clothes on under the costumes. And as cold as it was on this trip..... in some of the photos she has LOTS Of other clothes on under the costumes! :rotfl2:

I do have non refundable. But we do have trip insurance too. But I think he knows he would be dead if we totally canceled. I found out the flight could have a name change for a $50 fee, which if we haveto we have to. Still haven't found out about the cruise though. They are kind of strict on the cruises, so not sure yet. hopefully someone will know and can tell me. I did send out a message to my TA trainer as well.

But would trip insurance even COVER his brother's broken foot?????? (if it's broken)

But would trip insurance even COVER his brother's broken foot?????? (if it's broken)

Yeah, I wondered too. Last trip I got the cancel for any reason policy, but this time I got the regular policy....of course. if it comes down to it, I'll have to check it out.

Your pics are priceless. I stubbled on one while searching for Cinderella pics, which led me here. I can't believe you make those beautiful costumes!
I have to ask how you managed to get group pics, with your daughter with all the princess couples and with the whole Cinderella cast?
Thanks!

Just found your report and WOW! You are SOOOO talented! :worship: I taught myself to sew before our May 10 trip, but don't think I will ever make it that level.

Enjoying reading your report so far!

Your pics are priceless. I stubbled on one while searching for Cinderella pics, which led me here. I can't believe you make those beautiful costumes!
I have to ask how you managed to get group pics, with your daughter with all the princess couples and with the whole Cinderella cast?
Thanks!

Many thanks for the kind words! And welcome aboard! :welcome:

The group photos were moments of pixiedust :wizard: bestowed upon us by special cast members through the years.

Stay tuned to my trip report and you'll hear the whole story of the group princess shot in my signature!

Just found your report and WOW! You are SOOOO talented! :worship: I taught myself to sew before our May 10 trip, but don't think I will ever make it that level.

Enjoying reading your report so far!

Many thanks and.........

Congrats on teaching yourself to sew! Don't feel bad at all. I've been at this since 3rd grade when I had the world's best dressed Barbie dolls! :cool1: And that was..........shall we say........... a "few" years ago...........I won't actually count, or it will be too depressing. And this is my happy place! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter