DON'T Read This TRIP REPORT If You're a Princess Hater!

All caught up! I'm so glad you're doing a report. Now I get to see all the great pictures.

We loved our dinner at Park Fare. The sisters are so fun! I would love to have seen them interact with Katie.

And your costumes are so fabulous!:worship:

All caught up! I'm so glad you're doing a report. Now I get to see all the great pictures.

We loved our dinner at Park Fare. The sisters are so fun! I would love to have seen them interact with Katie.

And your costumes are so fabulous!:worship:

Ahh.... many thanks Vanessa! I'm glad you're along! :surfweb: I guess I should post a note on the scrapbook group. The more the merrier! party:

1900 Park Fare is our absolute favorite character meal. And that's coming from a person who LOVES eating in the castle. There's just so much more FUN going on with the stepsisters! I really wish they'd bring out the mice somewhere though!

sign me up. princesses and customs. my favorite things. i love 1900 park fare. your group shots are so amazing, and those costumes:worship:

sign me up. princesses and customs. my favorite things. i love 1900 park fare. your group shots are so amazing, and those costumes:worship:

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Later tonight or tomorrow morning I'll start our Hollywood Studios day. Not a huge princess park traditionally........... but we don't let that stop us! :rotfl2:

Subbing!! Now going back to catch up!

Howdy neighbor!

:welcome:

How'd you like all this ice today? My kids had their NINTH snow day today! :scared1:

I have a challenge for you......... I found myself in one of your photos........ Now you're "it" until you find yourself in one of mine! :rotfl2:

Glad you're on board! :surfweb:

Joining in!! I LOVE, LOVE your costumes! My DD is reading along with me here ( she's 7) and thinks your DD is so pretty in her dresses. She has announced that we have to go to 1900 Park Fare if we go to Disney again. Little does she know about the suprise she's got coming in Sept;) I love when you get an extra sprinkle of pixie dust. Kadence was "dusted" last month. I wish I was as talented as you with a needle. Can't wait to read & see more.

Carey

PARK DAY ONE: DHS 12/12/10

We left the POP shortly after 7. Our tradition is to start at DHS on our first park day, and to see the first Beauty & the Beast show of the day!

On our way out the door:

dhsbellepool.jpg

We were greeted at DHS by their glorious Hollywood themed Christmas tree:

dhstree.jpg

dhstreekatie_003.jpg

We were the first ones in line at DHS around 7:30, a full 90 minutes before park opening. Are we Toy Story Mania nuts? Nah. We've had really lots of luck finding magic at DHS, and we wanted to see what we could come up with this trip. In 2008, we got to be Grand Marshals in the Stars & Cars Motor Parade. I guess that would probably be our top Disney moment ever. We both still smile when we think of it!

2008 FLASHBACK:

paraderesize2.jpg

In 2009, we got to help open the park.

2009 FLASHBACK:

3987545222_d2669d5a5e.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

So who can blame us for trying again? We chatted with CM's on the other side of the turnstiles while waiting for the park to open. We had a great view of them getting everything spiffed up for the day:

dhscrossroads.jpg

But no one ever came out to invite anyone to help open the park. About 8:45 they opened the turnstiles. So I put in the key card……….. and nothing. There we were…… very first in line…. And the tickets wouldn’t work. I immediately remembered all the stories I had read on the DIS about people with this very problem after the resort computer upgrades. We had to leave the line and go to guest relations while hundreds of people entered the park ahead of us. They appeared ready for this very problem in Guest Relations. They gave us one day tickets to get in that day, along with fastpasses to any ride in the park EXCEPT Toy Story. We’re not hard core Toy Story riders, but most people at the front of the DHS line are there to get TSM Fastpasses. Anyone else might have been REALLY steamed to give up their front of the line spot for the stampede. I wasn't thrilled, but we got into the park fairly quickly. Turns out there was no family involved with the park opening that day. I have no idea why:

dhsopen.jpg

Once they dropped the rope, we headed up Hollywood Boulevard, but instead of following the stampede to TSM…….. we stampeded to……… Minnie Mouse! And she looked awesome in her pink!

dhsminnie.jpg

We also met Donald and Daisy and Chip and Dale. The sun was out, the weather was warm. It was a great day to be at Disney!

dhsdonald.jpg

dhsdaisy.jpg

dhschipdaledance.jpg

dhschipdale.jpg

I LOVED the vintage Hollywood costumes on the characters!

After meeting all the characters under the hat, we were off to Beauty & the Beast Theater for our traditional first show of the day!

Joining in!! I LOVE, LOVE your costumes! My DD is reading along with me here ( she's 7) and thinks your DD is so pretty in her dresses. She has announced that we have to go to 1900 Park Fare if we go to Disney again. Little does she know about the suprise she's got coming in Sept;) I love when you get an extra sprinkle of pixie dust. Kadence was "dusted" last month. I wish I was as talented as you with a needle. Can't wait to read & see more.

Carey

Thanks for joining us! How FUN that you have a surprise in store! I'd love to do that some day, but I'm TERRIBLE at keeping secrets! What sort of Pixie Dust did you guys get? I always love these stories!

Many thanks for your kind comments!

And welcome to the party!

party:

No idea what I am doing, but finally registered and am LOVING the trip report. :0) Care to teach me the ropes? :love:

So it's a girl?

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

I always said I'd be in trouble with 2 girls! Just too many fun things to want to make them! But I bet you'll have fun!
!

Thats why you have 2 girls 12 1/2 years apart. It's like 2 whole experiences of raising them. Paige told me she is jealous of Claire and all her costumes and prizes for Disney...but Paige wasn't as girly either, so I don't know if she ever would've worn them.

I really want to hang with you guys...Looks like you have done so many neat things in the past. Maybe if Claire would get her rear end out of bed early we could get more special pixie dust.

I love that you took a mother-daughter trip. How special. We have boys so seeing princesses have never been high on our lists. Fun to see them through your trip report!

I was intrigued by your report as I just started my December 2010 report. I love to re-live our Disney trips through reports.

Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry your entrance into the park was messed up.:sad2:

But you did get some great shots with the characters in the snazy new clothes.

Katie's Belle dress is just beautiful. I had Danielle take a look and she loved them too.

No idea what I am doing, but finally registered for you friend and am LOVING the trip report. :0) Now teach me the ropes. :love:

LOL! Can't you find something more exciting to do on a Friday night? :rotfl2: See........ I like hanging out here. They have all sorts of REALLY cool emoticons! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

What a fun surprise to find you here! It's not too hard. Just let me know what questions you have.

You can't talk about selling stuff here, but you can put your ebay id in your signature line.

For my great friend who signed up just to come along for the ride....... You get a party AND a welcome!

party::welcome:

Heck, I'll even throw in a Rock band! :rockband:

Well knock me down, a party and a welcome is the most excitement I have had on a Friday night in years. :rotfl2

Thats why you have 2 girls 12 1/2 years apart. It's like 2 whole experiences of raising them. Paige told me she is jealous of Claire and all her costumes and prizes for Disney...but Paige wasn't as girly either, so I don't know if she ever would've worn them.

I really want to hang with you guys...Looks like you have done so many neat things in the past. Maybe if Claire would get her rear end out of bed early we could get more special pixie dust.

Yes, the early bird does often get the worm at Disney! So now that you've reminded me how you tend to be late day park-goers.... we might have to rethink our trip with you. You didn't get Skip to agree to it already, did you????????? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I love that you took a mother-daughter trip. How special. We have boys so seeing princesses have never been high on our lists. Fun to see them through your trip report!

I was intrigued by your report as I just started my December 2010 report. I love to re-live our Disney trips through reports.

Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

Welcome to our trip! I'll be sure to check out yours too! :welcome:

The boys in our family hate all the girly princess stuff too. When they come along they moan and groan every time we want to stop in a character line. So I decided a mother/daughter trip was the only answer! It was sheer heaven to be able to do all of that stuff with no comment from the character haters! To pay for the trip, I gave up every gift giving occasion for the entire year and sold a bunch of Katie's old costumes. Free dining and staying at a value resort don't hurt either!

I have to say I love your DD's dress!

She does awesome work! You'll get to see some of it later in my trip report!

I'm so sorry your entrance into the park was messed up.:sad2:

But you did get some great shots with the characters in the snazy new clothes.

Katie's Belle dress is just beautiful. I had Danielle take a look and she loved them too.

Thanks Vanessa! And tell Danielle Katie and I said hi! :wave:

We like to plot and scheme ways to find a little extra magic. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not. But that scheming and plotting stuff between us is an awful lot of fun. And the few times it works out.......... make it all worthwhile!

Well knock me down, a party and a welcome is the most excitement I have had on a Friday night in years. :rotfl2

Well, that's one of the things I like about you.

You DID notice that all I was doing on a Friday night was updating my trip report, right??????? :rotfl2:

I love your daughter's dress!!! OMG! You are amazing! That girl is going to be SET for homecoming and prom in the future!:worship:

Yes, I will have TWO little girls! It will be QUITE interesting to see how different and alike they are! Cortlyn is my Princess... I hope that Catie is as well! But I won't push it on her. If she'd rather go fishing with her daddy, while Cortlyn and I go to Tea at the GF in the future, I'll be just as happy! :goodvibes

I love your daughter's dress!!! OMG! You are amazing! That girl is going to be SET for homecoming and prom in the future!:worship:

Yes, I will have TWO little girls! It will be QUITE interesting to see how different and alike they are! Cortlyn is my Princess... I hope that Catie is as well! But I won't push it on her. If she'd rather go fishing with her daddy, while Cortlyn and I go to Tea at the GF in the future, I'll be just as happy! :goodvibes

Well, I can tell you that our two boys are as different as night and day! They don't act alike OR look alike. It's crazy sometimes how different two siblings with the same parents can be!

Many thanks for the kind words! I don't know about homecoming and prom though. I've seen some of what the girls have worn to the boys' high school events. YIKES! I'm good at full length gowns. I'm not sure I know how to make something as short and low as I see the girls in on prom night!

Although it's funny you should mention it. We also brought 2 of Tiana's gowns along, and they were some of Katie's favorites from the entire trip. I think it's because they are strapless and more grown-up looking.

Regardless, she has put me on notice that I get to do here wedding gown one day. I told her fine...... as long as it's a LONG time away! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter