• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Don't know if Cape May was worth it

Hail_to_the_Mouse

Earning My Ears
My wife and I just got back for our trip to WDW and we ate at the CMC twice. The first time was great we had a reservation and were seated right away. We enjoyed it enough to go back a few days later and it was miserable. We got there early without a reservation thinking it wouldn't be that long of a wait. We were told by the Host that it would be about 25-35 minutes. No Problem Right? We ended up waiting for an hour an a half and I know what your saying it's because we didn't have a reservation right? Well not quite. We talked to several other people who were waiting who had reservations who were waiting 45 minutes to an hour to be seated. One very nice lady (who i believe is also a moderator for this site ) new the head chef and could not get a table. Several people complained to who I can only think must of been the manager and she gave them a snippy attitude! At this point it did not feel like a disney dining experience but like something you would find at a poorly run restaurant. I actually got up and looked down a row and saw 4 empty booths and watched them for about ten minutes and no one was being seated at those spots. The explanation they gave us was that those were for too big to sit a party of 2.:confused: :confused: : Does that make any sense to anyone? If you have empty seats, sit people in them. Not a complicated concept. The food was good but the service made me not want to go back again.:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

We probably won't go back for a while also. We didn't have the seating problems as you, we got in right at 5:30 when it opened. However, almost everything we tried was either luke warm or cold. My husband tried the mussels and clams and they were ice cold. The other dishes were barely warm and this was at the very beginning of dinner when things should be steaming hot.

We've been several times before and usually enjoy it. I don't know if this was an off night, but we won't be going back for a while.

Sounds to me like maybe they were short staffed and could not accommodate the large amount of guests waiting to dine?

Also, if the bigger tables went unoccupied, i wonder if they had ADR's for larger parties?

Still no excuse for poor service from any of the staff.

BTW, I'm in Manchester too :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter