• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Done Did Disney on a Dime (well...many dimes) LAH LAH's TR *Updated 3/17*

Miss reading your trip report. Hope all is well!!:)

Melissa

We are doing well, finally! :woohoo: We all got that flu that was rushing around the Eastern states. Kept us down for a while, but we had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas! Feel like life is starting to return to normal.

Another update is coming today! I won't quit, I just won't! Hahahaha

That's what you think an Elephant sounds like?

We made it over to the Festival of the Lion King, and were surprised to find out Meema and Peepa have never seen this before. I was so excited for them to experience it. It's one of our favorite Disney shows! We were fortunate to get front row seats, but there really wasn't enough room for all 5 of us, so I moved to another section. I was happy to do it, as we have sat front row before, and I really wanted Meema and Peepa to get a close and personal view!

DSCF9260.JPG

Peepa got pulled up to help! His only job was to remind our group what an Elephant sounded like:

DSCF9263.JPG

I don't know where he went to elementary school, I don't know what type of zoo's he frequents, or who taught him his animal sounds, and I really don't know what sound came out of his mouth. It can only be described as a dying dogs last yelp! We all laughed so hard, as did the leader.

DSCF9266.JPG

Meema and Peepa loved it! I still can't believe they had never seen it before this!​

DSCF9269.JPG

Here are some fun photos for ya'll!

DSCF9271.JPG

DSCF9273.JPG

DSCF9275.JPG

DSCF9276.JPG

DSCF9278.JPG

Next Michael, Elsa, and Peepa went off to ride the Dinosaur ride. This is one of my no-rides because of my back, so Meema and I jumped in line to see Eeyore.

DSCF9279.JPG

DSCF9280.JPG

Meema's favorite:

DSCF9283.JPG

We enjoyed our time with Winnie the Pool and friends. When we left the line Pooh was ready for a break too. He walked down the long roped-off line in front of us towards back stage. He didn't have a handler with him and we thought that was odd. It turned out to be a bit funny when he tried to undo a clasp on the rope with his big Pooh Bear paws. I'm assuming he wanted to skip the rest of the weaving line. We watched him try until we caught up to him and then I did it for him. I helped Pooh! WOOT WOOT! We hurried up to meet the others and thankfully they enjoyed their travel through time with the Dinosaurs. They weren't as impressed with my heroic Pooh actions as I was. I guess you had to be there.​

Next on the list was Expedition Everest, another one of our favorites!!

DSCF9290.JPG

DSCF9291.JPG

DSCF9288.JPG

Meema sat this one out, but we loved it like usual! It wasn't long after leaving the Expedition Everest gift shop that Peepa went to check the time on his cell phone, but it was not in his pocket. What a horrid feeling! All his personal and work contacts are in there, and losing something like that at Disney is a bummer. He was pretty sure he had it on EE so it only made sense to look there first. We rushed back and waited at the exit for them to check the cars for us. Odd thing was we weren't the only family looking for their lost phones there. We only had to wait a few minutes before they came around the corner with his phone, all in one piece! They seem to have phone retrieval down to a science!

That was a close call! (get it? call? I just crack my self up)

DSCF9303.JPG

We were happy he had his phone and settled down to watch Flights of Wonder, and I was tickled to get picked to sit up on the stage to photograph the bird during the show! If you have ever seen this show there is a "tour guide" who spends quite a bit of time on stage. After I was picked, I headed towards the stage stairs while the main guy was talking about some birds. Way off to the side, away from the crowds view, the "tour guide" broke character and made me assure him I could handle a large bird flying towards me. I told him we were a-o-k, but with as intense as he was about it, it made me wonder how many others have freaked out while up there. (Meema took a picture of me up on the stage with her cell phone, but I can't seem to find it. Just imagine me, smiling ear to ear, ready with my camera, and being terribly giddy...waiting for this huge bird to fly straight towards my face)

DSCF9307.JPG

DSCF9309.JPG

DSCF9310.JPG

DSCF9313.JPG

It was quite exhilarating having that bird fly right above me, he even brushed the top of my head with his feet! I think AK has some of the best shows at WDW.

Elsa is always up for a good time and jumped into this dancing group:

DSCF9302.JPG

Nemo was next up for us, and being some of the last people seated we found ourselves tucked way up in the front and off to the left. We have never seen this particular show so up close before. Elsa and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the puppeteers as well as the puppets. The actors were so full of expression! It was a treat. Certainly a different perspective on a show we have seen numerous times, but a real treat!

We decided to end our day with Kali River Rapids. Meema's back had been acting up so Meems and Peeps decided to sit out while the rest of us rode it...and we got soaked, which is half the fun on this ride!

DSCF9315.JPG

A final pit stop to grab some Coca-Cola slushies and we were heading home for the day:

DSCF9323.JPG

DSCF9325.JPG

DSCF9327.JPG

Dinner was pizza (once again) followed by lots of swimming and viewing of the Olympics! We were so happy to be back at the resort in enough time to see the Prime Time Olympic coverage, and having a laid back approach to the evenings was pretty new for us! I think we finally found a healthy WDW balance between the parks and rest/relaxation. We have been to the parks enough now that taking a break from the parks doesn't feel like lost money. Elsa was getting enough swim time that she wasn't badgering me about it and it felt great for both of us! We were all feeling fulfilled and content! Another fun day for the books, cause off to bed we went with thoughts of MGM Studios dancing in our heads.​

NEXT UP: Hollywood Studios, here we come (well, most of us)!

An update! Yippee!! Glad to have you back!

Looks like a great day at AK. We just saw Flights of Wonder for the first time and can't believe we missed it all these years!

Looks like you all had a great day!

Subbing, really enjoying your report.

I know it had to be hard to leave the littles at home. but so nice you and the bigs got to spend some quality time together!!!

Yay!! So happy to see you back!! :cool1: Glad to hear you are all feeling better....what a bummer to be sick.

Nice update...I love your pictures, they are always so much fun. I would be so upset if I lost my phone while in the world. I forgot it for a day back at the room last time we were there, and it was one of the worst moments of the trip. I even knew where it was! :rotfl2: Imagine, just a few years ago, hardly anyone had a cell phone!

Looking forward to the next update! :goodvibes

Love the update! Lots of great pics. Meema looks so happy in her pic with Eeyore!

Between the elephant sound and the pic after Peepa got his phone back, I can totally see where Elsa gets her acting skills!

An update! Yippee!! Glad to have you back!

Looks like a great day at AK. We just saw Flights of Wonder for the first time and can't believe we missed it all these years!

Looks like you all had a great day!

:goodvibes

Subbing, really enjoying your report.

I know it had to be hard to leave the littles at home. but so nice you and the bigs got to spend some quality time together!!!

Thanks for joining us! :hug:

Yay!! So happy to see you back!! :cool1: Glad to hear you are all feeling better....what a bummer to be sick.

Nice update...I love your pictures, they are always so much fun. I would be so upset if I lost my phone while in the world. I forgot it for a day back at the room last time we were there, and it was one of the worst moments of the trip. I even knew where it was! :rotfl2: Imagine, just a few years ago, hardly anyone had a cell phone!

Looking forward to the next update! :goodvibes

My olders go to one school and Easton attends a special education pre-K 40 minutes from our house, so we get germs from 2 different schools. :sick: And with so many little ones we seem to pass sickness back and forth like crazy. Thankfully we are all feeling great right now!

Love the update! Lots of great pics. Meema looks so happy in her pic with Eeyore!

Between the elephant sound and the pic after Peepa got his phone back, I can totally see where Elsa gets her acting skills!

We are all a bunch of dramatic ninnies! :lmao:

Hollywood Studios, Here We Come (well, most of us)!

Our trio slept hard! Elsa being in her rats nest had greatly improved our sleeping arrangements, so we were ready to meet Meema and Peepa at the buses for a 9:30 departure to MGM Studios! We were sad to see only Peepa waiting there for us. Apparently Meema had some severe back spasms during the night. She didn't sleep well (truth be told Peepa didn't either) so she decided to sleep in and meet up with later, if she was feeling better. It is so sad when someone is sick at Disney. There should be some rule that you just can't get sick or hurt at WDW.

Michael was ready for the day in his new Muppets t-shirt:

DSCF9329.JPG

We made it to MGM by 9:45 and were ready to go!

DSCF9336.JPG

We felt bad Meema wasn't with us, but we decided to cram in as much as we could in her honor. On our way to Tower of Terror, Michael fancied himself quite the photographer. I think his photography class at EPCOT earlier in the trip had gone straight to his head. I enjoyed seeing him scan the park for things to take pictures of. I love it when Michael gets involved. It makes my heart very happy!

DSCF9338.JPG

DSCF9339.JPG

DSCF9341.JPG

DSCF9365.JPG

DSCF9366.JPG

DSCF9367.JPG

DSCF9343.JPG

We finally made it, and thankfully the wait in the fast pass line wasn't quite this long:

DSCF9345.JPG

DSCF9351.JPG

DSCF9352.JPG

I'm not really sure what's going on here:

DSCF9353.JPG

Or here :lmao:

DSCF9355.JPG

But we really enjoyed the ride!

DSCF9356.JPG

You can't ride Tower of Terror without immediately getting in line for RnR!

DSCF9359.JPG

DSCF9362.JPG

DSCF9364.JPG

We thought we would head on over to see the Indiana Jones Stunt Show (one of Meema's least favorite) so Meems didn't have to suffer through it. It was sooooo hot out we were happy to be under the fans and shade for a while, plus the four of us really enjoy the corny-ness of it all! They grab people from the audience to bring up on stage as "extras" and one of the guys "picked" from the audience is a cast member (unbeknownst to the crowd). He then gets the snot beat out of him and it is then revealed to the audience that he is indeed a cast member and a stunt man. It was a new guy this trip and the four of us had fun trying to figure out which one he was. We were split in our guesses. Michael and I were sure it was one person, while Elsa and Peepa couldn't be convinced it wasn't another guy. I am happy to report that Michael and I were victorious in our guess! We should have gotten a medal or something for being so clever, but all we got was the ability to watch the rest of the show with bragging rights.

The heat was making us hungry (or maybe we are just always hungry) so we planned on one more ride before we sat down to eat. We were trying to hold off eating just in case Meema was able to join us for the meal, and since we still had not heard from her we ventured off to Star Tours in hopes to give her a little more time to join us.

DSCF9368.JPG

DSCF9369.JPG

DSCF9370.JPG

Peepa can't ride these simulators, or he is out for the rest of the day, so we had to enjoy it without him. I couldn't imagine having motion sickness. That would be the worst, but he is always gracious when he has to sit out. This is one of Michael's favorite rides since the rehab that happened a few years back. There are now so many possible scenarios it will be impossible for us to experience them all, but if Michael has anything to say about it he will do his best to try! It was a big treat for Michael as he was featured in our flight. He loves this ride so much because of the video-game-like qualities, so this just about made his day! While we were on the ride Peeps got a text from Meema. I present to you Meema's texting skills:

DSCF9372.JPG

We were really hoping she would rest it off and be able to salvage at least half a day at the parks with us, but we had to eat in order to keep up our strength! I struggled from the very beginning with the fact that after many trips with Free Dining, I was having to pay out of pocket for every meal we ordered this trip. Peepa on the other had paid upfront for the dining plan and had a GREAT time ribbing me about how nice it was to not have to worry about each meal, or how he could easily pick a dessert with each meal, or how he had all these snack credits to use, or how nice it was to choose whatever drink he wanted. That little booger! Hahahahahaha It was I who introduced him to the Dining Plan in the first place. I thought that fact alone should exempt me from the teasing...I was wrong. We all decided on Bacon Cheesburgers except Elsa who went with a kids meal of chicken nuggets.

DSCF9374.JPG

Do you see his soda and dessert sitting there, just taunting us? :lmao: We all chose to get water this meal and enjoy our one soda a day with dinner tonight. Gotta save some money somewhere! The Cheeseburgers were excellent!

NEXT UP: Hollywood Studios 2.0

OH MY GOSH! Your family is just absolutely precious..
The three youngest boys- I could just eat them right up! I have two small boys myself and love love little boys!!
Cant wait to read more!

Free dining has really ruined us too! I never want to pay for the meals anymore! I'm always trying to figure out how to save a few bucks!

OH MY GOSH! Your family is just absolutely precious..
The three youngest boys- I could just eat them right up! I have two small boys myself and love love little boys!!
Cant wait to read more!

Thank you! :goodvibes Adopting them was the best decision we have ever made! :cool1:

Free dining has really ruined us too! I never want to pay for the meals anymore! I'm always trying to figure out how to save a few bucks!

I hear ya! Paying out of pocket is not so fun! :lmao:

Lots of volunteer interaction on this trip to AK! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear about Meema's back. I hope she wasn't down & out for too long. :goodvibes

I just found your TR and spent some time reading the PTR and the TR!! Your family is soooo amazingly beautiful!! :grouphug:

Love the latest pics too!

I'm so enjoying your trip, can't wait to hear more!!:cheer2:

BTW, you are an awesome mom!!:thumbsup2

Great start to the day at DHS! Michael took some fantastic pics.

Hope Meema shows up at the beginning of the next update! (And, by the way, at least she texts! My Mom won't even attempt it!)

Love the updated pics of your beautiful family!

You sure have one beautiful family there!! I can't believe how big/older everyone is getting!!

They won't stop growing despite me trying to keep them little... :sad1:

5 beatiful babies! Thanks for sharing.

Lots of volunteer interaction on this trip to AK! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear about Meema's back. I hope she wasn't down & out for too long. :goodvibes

We love getting up close and personal!! :cool1:

I just found your TR and spent some time reading the PTR and the TR!! Your family is soooo amazingly beautiful!! :grouphug:

Love the latest pics too!

I'm so enjoying your trip, can't wait to hear more!!:cheer2:

BTW, you are an awesome mom!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for joining us!! :hug: I appreciate your vote of confidence, but one of my kids has been kicking my butt, and I don't feel so superwomanish as of late. :lmao:

Great start to the day at DHS! Michael took some fantastic pics.

Hope Meema shows up at the beginning of the next update! (And, by the way, at least she texts! My Mom won't even attempt it!)

Love the updated pics of your beautiful family!

I love the elderly texting. Always good for a chuckle...

Your kids are cute as ever!! :goodvibes

Poor Meema! I hope her back recovers for the next day!

Thanks! Brook without an e. :flower3:

Hollywood Studios 2.0

We were sad that Meema still wasn't feeling well enough to join us, but we decided to push on and conquer the park with or without her. Because, well, we paid a decent amount for the trip and solidarity does not apply here! Lunch was done and we were ready to go! We passed these fun posters while on our way to Lights, Motor, Action:

DSCF9376.JPG

We really like the car show, but we never know if Michael can handle it that particular day or not. Today he was game, so we were excited to experience it again. Michael has a functional autism (pervasive developmental disorder) and severe anxiety coupled with a few other smaller issues. He tends to get overwhelmed very easily. It makes our days interesting and he always keeps us on our toes, but Disney is one of the best places on earth to vacation with these types of issues, and he has learned a lot of coping mechanisms. (I asked him if I could share this and he said "sure")

DSCF9377.JPG

The clouds were gorgeous. It almost made up for the intense heat!

DSCF9379.JPG

We really enjoyed the show! It was fun to see Michael and Elsa experience this as young adults. They wanted to know how it all was accomplished, and were able to see the jokes being set up. It made me realize how much they are growing up. Seems like they could tone down those fire explosions on hotter than heck days, like today. Holy Talookie it was fierce! It always feels like you lose a couple layers of skin on your face when they set off those explosions! The heat all around was starting to take its toll on us and after the show we were sort of wandering around trying to figure out what we wanted to do next.

And then it happened.​

We happened upon a character spot we had never seen before. Sully is hands down Elsa's favorite character. We have never seen him out and about at Disney, and she has always hoped to get a picture with him. Apparently Mike and Sully have their own little meet and greet right here in Hollywood Studios! Elsa was ecstatic!!! Mike was out but getting ready to take a break, so Elsa chose not to get in line just yet, and we did a sneaky "from behind the railing" photo. Turned out rather well! How short is that cast member?!!

DSCF9381.JPG

Mike left and as the line dispersed, she was able to be first in line, waiting for something she has been wanting to cross off of her Disney Bucket list forever. She didn't have to wait long. Before she knew it her beloved Sully was there and waiting for her!

DSCF9382.JPG

Could this picture be any sweeter?
DSCF9383.JPG

DSCF9385.JPG

After Elsa finished her joy fest, we moved on to ride the Backlot Tour. It's fun and all, but we all wished they would fill the empty studios with something, even if it was fake reenactments of filming shows. I bet it was pretty exciting during the days of The Mickey Mouse Club in the mid 90's when they filmed there, but now, not so much. We had been putting off our trip over to the Muppets 3D movie as it was one of Meema's favorites, but the day was more than half done and we weren't sure when or if she might join us. We decided to go watch it, and then if she made it we would watch it again, 'cause we are nice like that. Hahahaha!

DSCF9387.JPG

Right before we went into the building, we finally got a text from Meema! She was feeling better and was on her way to join us! We waited patiently for her to meet us . I now present the second set of texts that just made Michael, Elsa and I shake our heads at the attempts of the grandparents texting. Apparently we were staying at "Pop Culture" but at this time we were at "Muooets 3D" but Meema went to the wrong spot, and was at "Tot Story Mania"

DSCF9390.JPG

DSCF9392.JPG

This is not one of my favorites, but we were so happy that Meema was with finally with us! We watched the movie, and then filled her in on our day while we walked over to Toy Story Mania! We told her about all our fun, while she told us of how she slept. We were thankful that resting had helped her so much!

Somebody is tired:

DSCF9395.JPG

DSCF9396.JPG

We just love Toy Story Mania! When we finished our competition we agreed on The Great Movie Ride. Something has happened with all the good cast members who used to entertain us on this ride, We haven't had much success in our last 4 or 5 visits. I know, I know...1st world problems. We were looking for things we have never experienced before and decided to give the Disney Animation building a try. Why, oh why, was this the first time we have set foot in here? It was massive with lots of character interaction and a drawing class. Elsa, Meema, and I decided to get in line for the drawing class while Peepa "rested his eyes" and Michael fiddled with some sort of video-like game.

We LOVED the animation class!

DSCF9403.JPG

DSCF9404.JPG

I think if you are even slightly creative this is something not to miss! The little boys at home had recently been introduced to The Incredibles Movie so we knew we had to get in line to see these two so we could send a picture back home to the ones we missed so much! (Speaking of which, I had started to get over my funk by this point. I still missed them terribly, but it wasn't still affecting my time at Disney. Talking to them every day was helpful, and Maegan kept us all up to date with the boys with texts and pictures. They were happy, healthy, and having a blast! Maegan was doing such a wonderful time of taking care of them and keeping them busy. I am not even sure they had a chance to miss us. Easton was aware, this time, that we were at a VERY fun place due to the pictures we were sending for them, but Maegan assured me he wasn't too disappointed and encouraged me to keep sending them his way!)

DSCF9402.JPG

And I got to take a picture with my most favorite of favorites:

DSCF9406.JPG

Apparently Peepa had fallen asleep waiting for us to finish flitting around the building and was woken up by Minnie Mouse kissing him while she walked by. He was twitterpated. :love: We all loved the Animation Building! The day was slipping away and we were more than ready to eat. We settled on Pizza Planet and ate yet another round of pizzas:

DSCF9408.JPG

With our bellies full we wandered around for a bit. We usually go, go, go, so it was nice to leisurely take in the sights. There are so many little things to experience at Hollywood Studios. Part of me would like to take a trip to WDW all by myself. Ride what I want, take in the sights, travel at a solo pace, be free of the sibling squabbles etc, but I really think I would be lonely! I really wonder if I would enjoy it. I think I would miss the biggers here even more than missing the littles, just because we have experienced so much together here.

DSCF9410.JPG

DSCF9412.JPG

A very faint rainbow:
DSCF9413.JPG

We took one more turn on Toy Story Mania and watched One Man's Dream and decided to call it a day:

DSCF9415.JPG

Elsa rushed off to swim with Peepa in the Hippy Dippy Pool, and Michael and I were greeted by this in our room:

DSCF9419.JPG

LOST and FOUND had delivered his flip flop! You know, the one he was sure was stolen. :rolleyes: It was packaged up so nicely with all the details of when and where it was turned it. I can't even imagine what their lost and found looks like. I once heard that they hold a huge "liquidation" sale that the cast members can attend when things aren't claimed. Some have been able to get major expensive cameras for pennies on the dollar! I've always wanted to be a part of that, but for now I would have to be content that he had two complete sets of footwear and we were ready to tackle the rest of our trip. I did some laundry, chatted with Meema, and we all gathered to watch the Prime Time Olympic Coverage. Another great day for the weary travelers!

NEXT UP: Scattering Turned Out To Be Loads of Fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter