Dog Days of Summer - August 2022 Exercise Challenge

Good morning, all, and congrats to sophy1996 on turning Perdita Pink!! :Pinkbounc

1661093660205.png

from the Disney Wiki - "Perdita is the female protagonist of the 1961 Disney animated feature film One Hundred and One Dalmatians. She is the pet of Anita, mate of Pongo and the birth mother of 15 Dalmatian puppies as well as the adoptive mother of 84 more Dalmatian puppies." - In other words, Perdita is AMAZING!!
  • According to Disney animators, Perdita has 68 spots.
  • Her birthday is July 6.
  • In the animated movie, Perdita was originally played by Lisa Daniels. She had recorded about a third of the film as Perdita, but got married and moved to New York City, so she was voiced by Cate Bauer for the rest of the film, though it's unknown which actress recorded which lines.
  • Her name is changed to Peggy in the Italian version of the film, because Perdita means "loss" in Italian.
https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Perdita

Finishing up 101 Dalmations, here are Pongo & Perdita one more time in the first segment of this longer video of the "Top 25 Most Romantic Disney Moments" --

Inspried by this thread I watched Lady and the Tramp last night. It was a cute movie, and made me crave pasta. I wasn't expecting the subtle nod to sexual assault with the whole 'girl dog spent the night out so now we have to marry her' scene. I'm guess most kids don't catch that.

47 minutes on the treadmill. The PT can't see me until September so I'm babying my knee. Sigh.

256/600 - 42%

Last edited:

25 minutes (treadmill) for me for last night, and 60 (walk outside) for this morning, which brings me to Perdita Pink, along with Oneanne! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The team stands at 2,597 minutes and 46% - just 201 minutes to go to team Purple!! :cheer2:

Today's pup is Stella, from The Princess & the Frog:
1661288761376.png

Stella is an energetic bloodhound who is first seen at the beginning of the film, given to Charlotte as a puppy from her father, Eli "Big Daddy" La Bouff. Years later, she's seen at the La Bouff masquerade ball in a Roman Centurion costume, begging for one of Tiana's beignets. Tiana relents, but gives only one to Stella.

Later, after Tiana and Naveen are transformed into frogs by a curse of the evil Dr. Facilier, they accidentally crash into the party and into Charlotte's dress. Big Daddy orders Stella (who was eating the rest of Tiana’s beignets that fell on the ground when Tiana accidentally crashed into the table) to get the two frogs, resulting in a chaotic chase through the masquerade ball and across a dining table, leading to a huge net where she crashes into a couple wearing a pirate costume and a mermaid costume causing her to collect pieces of their costumes.

As Tiana and Naveen leave with a few balloons, Tiana calls out to Stella who she is to calm her prompting Stella to call out Tiana's name to her in question, much to Tiana's shock. This was when Tiana began to realize that she had gained the ability to talk to animals upon being transformed into a frog. {source}

20 min for me = 475/600.
Team is at 2,727 minutes, 49% :cheer2: and 71 minutes to purple!!

1661464677807.png

Zero (from the Nightmare Before Christmas) -

Physical appearance -
Zero is a ghostly dog that appears to be made of a white sheet, much like a stereotypical ghost. Like Pluto, he has basset hound-esque floppy ears. His "eyes" are just empty holes in the sheet. Zero's snout is very long and thin, and his upper jaw curls upward at the tip. His nose is a small glowing jack-o-lantern like Rudolph's red nose, and his collar is a faded brown color.

Personality -
Zero is entirely loyal to his master. Despite his ghostly form, he acts very much like a normal dog; his favorite activity is fetching the bones pulled from Jack's skeletal body.

Trivia -
  • Zero's role in Jack's sleigh is a reference to the classic Christmas character Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
  • Zero's nose is a tiny glowing jack-o'-lantern.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Zero

50 minutes since my last post (525/600)

and the team is only 21 minutes from purple!! :cheer2:

1661608902472.png

Little Brother is the dog of Fa Mulan and a supporting character in Disney's 1998 animated feature film, Mulan. His voice actor, Chris Sanders, also voiced Stitch in the Lilo & Stitch franchise. (source)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter