Dog Days of Summer - August 2022 Exercise Challenge

Hi! I'm back from NYC and ready to jump in here. I did not keep track of any minutes while on our trip, so I'll just track from this point. I'll go for 1400.

We were in NYC longer than intended because our flight out on TH was canceled, and we couldn't get confirmed seats on another flight until yesterday. Then we had a crazy, suspenseful, 6.5 hour delay in ATL yesterday and finally left there at 2:30 am. It was nuts. We kept getting delayed notices about every half hour and I just knew the pilots were going to time out and cancel the flight, but, thankfully, we actually made it home!!!!! I was planning to rent a car and drive home if the flight did end up canceled. I was over all the drama by that point. I have not gotten much done at all other than laundry and cuddling my cat and one clingy chicken so far today since I'm a bit exhausted.

0/1400 but going to the barn in a couple of hours to see the horses for the first time in 9 days, so I'll definitely have minutes to post later!

Love the theme, @PollyannaMom !

8.6 + 45

165 of 465 for 35%

Traveling for work tomorrow, at least as of right now we are. Fortunately we're on direct flights with just carry on, but we are headed to the east coast where the weather problems have been so we'll see. Visiting another facility so plenty of walking coming up... if we do get there. And if we get stuck, well it's a biz trip so company will pay and we'll all have our pc's so it really doesn't matter much where we are.

8.6 + 45

165 of 465 for 35%

Traveling for work tomorrow, at least as of right now we are. Fortunately we're on direct flights with just carry on, but we are headed to the east coast where the weather problems have been so we'll see. Visiting another facility so plenty of walking coming up... if we do get there. And if we get stuck, well it's a biz trip so company will pay and we'll all have our pc's so it really doesn't matter much where we are.
Wishing you good luck this week! We were on direct flights originally, so at least we arrived for our trip without issue. We also had a direct flight originally booked for the return trip, too, but we could not get one rebooked soon enough coming home, so that was no fun. It didn't help that we were just two of thousands and thousands of people canceled at LGA on TH. So many people trying to figure out how to get back home as soon as possible and so few options left!

P.S. It definitely would be nice to have a company picking up the bills, but then that would mean we're there for work instead of pleasure! :D Just thankful we were able to go back to our lovely hotel and have a nice relaxing delay even if it was on my own tab rather than spend the night or nights in LGA. Plus, we got to see SiX one more time and that night had most of the original cast on stage, and the performance was spectacular! It was a very nice way to say an unexpected attempt #2 goodbye to the city.

I'm back from Lodge Flea Market duties :)

I don't really have a way to keep track of minutes for that, but there's a lot of running around and carrying things, so I'm going to assume I at least beat my usual 20 minutes a day and count that, which brings me to 165/600 and Slinky Dog Orange, joining Oneanne, who has reached Slinky Dog Orange as well! :tigger::tigger:

1659915988374.png

A bit of history on the original Slinky Dog toy:
Slinky Dog, AKA "Slink," is Woody's loyal right-hand dog, who often uses his stretchable body to aid in rescues. Slink is, of course, based on the iconic Slinky toy. It was invented in the 1940s by naval engineer Richard James (and named by his wife, Betty). James was inspired by a torsion spring flipping over on a ship's deck. But it was a northwestern lumber baron's daughter named Helen Malsed who turned the Slinky into the Slinky Dog. Malsed, who'd been forced to drop out of college when the Depression hit, became a toy inventor. She developed more than two dozen toys and games over the course of her career. Slinky Dog and its cousin, Slinky Train, were allegedly inspired by her 6-year-old son. He wanted to see what would happen if his Christmas Slinky had wheels attached. Her 1957 Slinky Dog patent shows Slink in both the closed and expanded position.
(quote credit and link to rest of article)

And a little virtual ride on the Slinky Dog Coaster:

The team as a whole has reached Bruno Blue, with 720/6,195 minutes and 12%! :cheer2: Keep up the good work, everyone!

New team total: 1,171/6,195 and 19%
only 378 minutes to orange!

Today's Disney dog is Nana from Peter Pan:
1660139391764.png

Misc. tidbits from the Disney Wiki:

Nana was originally a Newfoundland in the book, but is a St. Bernard on screen. She appears first in the 1953 movie Peter Pan, and later in the Disney Junior movie Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Battle for the Book.

Her smaller appearances include a cameo in the TaleSpin episode "Flying Dupes" and a poker game with other famous Disney Dogs in the Mickey Mouse episode "You, Me and Fifi".

In Disneyland, Nana appears as an audio-animatronic figure in Peter Pan's Flight - in the nursery, next to the letter blocks that constantly fall, as she attempts to stack them, and outside next to her doghouse. She also appears in the Peter Pan-themed Enchanted Window display along Main Street, U.S.A.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Nana

Annnd I'm back! Went to the knee doctor, who cleared me to walk but noticed a mole on my leg. He got me an immediate appointment with the derm who cut the mole off without a second thought. Quite the adventure! It made me really grateful to get out there for 35 minutes this morning. Wear sunscreen, y'all. :)

85/600 - 14%

Heading back to the doctor tomorrow. Wondering if I'll be cleared to resume exercise as usual
Fingers crossed!

Went to the knee doctor, who cleared me to walk but noticed a mole on my leg. He got me an immediate appointment with the derm who cut the mole off without a second thought.
Wow! Glad you went!

Urgent family issues are probably going to have me away from home quite a bit the rest of this month.
:hug: Hope everything works out OK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter