• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anybody actually like Figment?

We love Figment, too. I loved the old one and I like the new one, bt ut the one in between was awful. My dd, who never saw any but the current one, adores Figment.

I grew up with the original ride - I absolutely LOVED Dreamfinder and Figment. When they changed the ride over, I was devastated.

Dacky619 said:
This is how we feel about it. The original was better, but it isn't bad now. I like the song they play through the ride.

Ditto this. Will always love Figment, even in his tragically diminished state...

Of course I love Figment! It's our favorite ride at Epcot. We miss the original one, but we still manage to enoy the current one. We ride it multiple times each visit.

Wish they'd bring back the old one!!!

Come on, nobody likes figment, or do they?
The ride isn't too bad but it is no Pirates of the Caribbean. Please state your comments on the subject!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Figment is my favorite Disney character. A lot of that has to do with the nostalgia factor a lot of posters have mentioned.

But to each his own -- I would never say about an attraction "it's no Pirates of the Caribbean."

I love Figment... When it's 98 degrees at 2:30 in the afternoon at the end of July, I put in my earbud and close my eyes and take a much needed snooze. Other than a cool, smooth ride, its a waste of time (for me).

I love Figmet; he just needs a ride that's worthy of him. I don't blame him for being brattier than he used to be, stuck with a chump like Dr. Nigel Channing and a bunch of cheap 1990's video screens.

I love figment. I got a nice keychain of him years ago while he had disappeared. I get so many nice comments on him.

As a character, I LOVE Figment.

The attaction, Joruney into Imagination is also something I love. I remember bits and pieces of the original attraction (I lost my first pair of mouse ears on that attraction when I was 4:sad1:), I still really enjoy the attraction on a whole.

Figment (the character) is well loved in my house. DH received one of those old Figment hats (the one where his brim is his nose and his teeth hung down from the brim. He got from a friend when he was a kid and instantly fell in love with Figment. He never actually went to WDW until about 20 years later. And I have been a Figment fan from my first trip in 1985.

The ride is fine too. Is it my favorite? No, but it’s cute and relaxing and we like it and do it each trip. I don’t mind the current version, but I wish DH could have seen the original. I also wish they still sold that hat since he’s since lost his and that there was a wider range of Figment merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter