Do you use the busses or drive?

ESPN to the Fort Wow. I don't think I would have come up with your route, but I like it!

I much prefer the buses too. I have only driven once to AK. We generally drive to DTD (DS). Mostly because I don't want to drag a bunch of bags onto the bus. 2 years ago, we were staying at the beach in St Pete. We drove over to WDW for the day. Did some shopping at DTD then took the buses around to the Fort. Rode the boat to the resorts. Had dinner, rode the monorail around on a lap, then caught a bus back to DTD for the car. Nice, fun day.

j
Now that's what I call a "Day trip"!! :worship:

I just know when I drive by the bus stop I feel sorry for those poor people standing there. I guess some of you are happy as clams, but I am going to keep believing that you are being tortured. :)

Happy as clams. People watching and taking in the ambiance, fine by me! We allow enough time in our schedule to not feel like we have to rush here, there, and everywhere, so there isn't any sort of inherent anxiety about when the next bus will arrive.

Plus I like the social aspect of the bus. We've chatted with so many nice people from all over, sharing tidbits and recommendations. It just adds to the experience in my book!

For staying at the Fort, I would personally take the boat to MK but drive to the other parks. Now if you were staying at another resort, the buses are fine to go the all the park. The bus system at the Fort seems a bit cumbersome in my opinion.

Use your free parking pass and drive! :)
Half way into our vacation we decided to switch it up and we wondered why on earth we didn't do it sooner.
When you have a ton of stuff, stroller, bags, it is SOOO much easier. (unless your going to the Magic kingdom, then we preferred the boat)

Our December trip last year we drove to most of the parks except MK simply because we were dropping off the puppy at Best Friends. The trip before, I timed everytime we got to a bus stop just to see how close they were to 20 min. Most were 10-15 and never one longer than 20. Funny story, we were at the Outpost bus stop waiting for internal busses after a day at the parks, there was a gal sitting there when we got there, head down, don't know if she didn't feel good or had a headache but she was waiting for a internal bus too, well a couple of buses came and they weren't our color, then ours shows up, gal walks up to bus drives and says, "When is (insert color) bus suppose to be here? I've been waiting 45 min!" Well we get on bus and I tell bus driver, "That bus showed up just before you did and she didn't lift her head up to see it so she missed it!" I always thought after we got home and reading the disboards that a post about how bad the bus service was was her! LOL

We boated to MK and drove to the other parks & DTD. Much easier and more convenient, especially when it came time to go 'home' (Ft Wilderness) after a long day. We also had a dog to drop off at Best Friends which was pretty much en route to each park from FtW and was just a short hop to drop him off and then back to our campsite for our MK days.

We're 'rope-droppers' and we never had a problem with getting parking 'up close'. It may not be as convenient if you're a late arriver who has to park in the 'back 40'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter