Do you use the busses or drive?

No matter where we stay, fort or hotel on Disney property, we usually always use Disneys transportation for Epcot and MK. We use our car , arriving early in the morning (important if you drive) for Animal Kingdom, water parks, other resorts, for dining, and it has been a mix for Hollywood.

We were @ the Fort 1st of February for 16 days. We used Disney transportation & our feet. The buses were not crowded, but sometime we did have to wait a long time for the bus to come to take us back to the Fort. On the times we went to downtown Disney, we drove & always got lost. My choice is WD buses.

Southern Belle, I'm interested in why/factor of always Epcot one way, AK the other?

With MK, we will always take the boat. For us, downtown Disney was straightforward to get to by car. We have always taken the bus elsewhere. But I am wondering about driving elsewhere, thinking for the times we go early, or stay late, it may be better....

Wow! Look!

Somebody resurrected this topic from 5 years ago. I didn't read all 9 pages, but it's nice to see we still feel the same about the buses 5 years later.

I still like the buses. It's part of the WDW magic. Just don't get in a hurry to get anywhere and all is well.

j

Wow! Look!

Somebody resurrected this topic from 5 years ago. I didn't read all 9 pages, but it's nice to see we still feel the same about the buses 5 years later.

I still like the buses. It's part of the WDW magic. Just don't get in a hurry to get anywhere and all is well.

j

:lmao: That would be me! Sorry about that! One would think if it was that old it would be closed for further comments so people like me (who don't notice) can't resurrect it! :lmao: LOL!

But to answer another question! We take the boat from fort to MK, or bus from hotel to MK because my husband thinks its easier than to drive and then have to catch boat over to MK. Most of the time we have park hopper and use the monorails between MK & Epcot. But.... for some reason we haven't ever driven to Epcot except to drop off and pick up family. My husband finds driving to Animal Kingdom easier and faster in the morning than fooling with the bus because we leave early, and can park near entrance. HS about the same.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but if you drive you still have to pay for parking at the parks correct?

Resort Hotel Guests
Self-parking at theme parks and Resort hotels is complimentary for Resort Guests.

How does it work to take boat to MK and then monorail to EC. Never done it so just wondering.

Resort Hotel Guests
Self-parking at theme parks and Resort hotels is complimentary for Resort Guests.

That is fantastic! Having a toddler who will need a break during the middle of the day having a car is going to be so much better. Plus such a big time saver. Perfect, this makes me so happy!

I love these legacy topics. Resurrected from the annals of obscurity. This one started 7 years ago!

How does it work to take boat to MK and then monorail to EC. Never done it so just wondering.
This is our favorite trip. We take the resort boat to the CR. Climb the stairs to the monorail level and ride the monorail to the TTC and on to EPCOT. It's not a quick trip, but it is fun.
You can also take the boat to MK, then walk up the ramp to the monorail stop.

j

I almost always drive everywhere except the MK from the fort. I have never once driven and thought golly it would have been faster/easier to take the bus...never.

We don't have a golf cart at the fort so we get the double whammy of waiting on 2 buses. Some of the buses get shared with the Wilderness lodge which gets priority treatment. It can be an exhausting ride. For me, waiting at bus stops and standing on lurching buses is not nearly as relaxing as a simple drive straight to my door in my own vehicle.

Wow, way old thread, but a good one!

We're bussers. We ride bikes to the outpost and hop on our ride :) I'd much rather be dropped off at a park entrance than have to walk through a parking lot. The lots kind of take away from the magic for me. I commute to work on a bus every day, so maybe they bother me even less. After driving from CT to the Fort, I'm happy to leave the driving to someone else for a week.

Wow, way old thread, but a good one!

We're bussers. We ride bikes to the outpost and hop on our ride :) I'd much rather be dropped off at a park entrance than have to walk through a parking lot. The lots kind of take away from the magic for me. I commute to work on a bus every day, so maybe they bother me even less. After driving from CT to the Fort, I'm happy to leave the driving to someone else for a week.

I guess I should clarify. I will take the bus if I am going to one of the major parks in the afternoon. When driving to the park for rope drop you can park right up front without a long slog to/from the parking lot. If I am going at 4PM, I'm not nearly as worried about a bus delay and the bus becomes a more attractive option since you have to park a long ways from the gate.

I just know when I drive by the bus stop I feel sorry for those poor people standing there. I guess some of you are happy as clams, but I am going to keep believing that you are being tortured. :)

We take the boat and never drive to MK. DS and I have motion sickness and the bus is a no go. We drive to all the other parks.

madjohn,

I timed that trip once. When you leave the Fort dock to when we were at the Epcot turnstyles was 40 minutes. This was after taking the small boat to the Contemporary Dock, walking inside to the monorail level, riding it to the TTC, then transferring to the EP line. Of course, you would have to add time to get down to the Fort dock from your campsite and time waiting for the boat. I don't know that I would rely on this method to make EP rope drop but it was cool.

I suppose you could also catch the big boat that goes direct to the MK and transfer there to the monorail. In that case, get on whichever boat leaves the Fort dock first.

If you're not in a hurry, you should try it.

Bama Ed

Agree with Ed,

I would not use it to make it to the park at a particular time, but it was kinda interesting and the kids liked getting to ride something different (Monorail)

I love these legacy topics. Resurrected from the annals of obscurity. This one started 7 years ago!

This is our favorite trip. We take the resort boat to the CR. Climb the stairs to the monorail level and ride the monorail to the TTC and on to EPCOT. It's not a quick trip, but it is fun.
You can also take the boat to MK, then walk up the ramp to the monorail stop.

j

Teamubr,
This may sound silly but my family has fun with these kinds of "challenges". We may have a dinner reservation in one park and be in another. We try to figure out what might be the best way to get there. We have eaten at ESPN Club and then caught the boat to EPCOT and then to the monorail to T&TC with a switch to the express monorail to the MK. Only to catch another boat back to the Fort.

As far as driving to the parks, several factors determine what we do. If we plan on making a day of it at one park then many times we drive. We take a cooler with cold drinks and sandwiches or snacks. Its also nice to not be herded onto a packed bus after a long day at a park. If we are at WDW when crowds are minimal and buses are next to empty or we plan on doing some park hopping, then we ride the bus especially now that they have buses that run between parks.

This may sound silly but my family has fun with these kinds of "challenges".
ESPN to the Fort Wow. I don't think I would have come up with your route, but I like it!

I much prefer the buses too. I have only driven once to AK. We generally drive to DTD (DS). Mostly because I don't want to drag a bunch of bags onto the bus. 2 years ago, we were staying at the beach in St Pete. We drove over to WDW for the day. Did some shopping at DTD then took the buses around to the Fort. Rode the boat to the resorts. Had dinner, rode the monorail around on a lap, then caught a bus back to DTD for the car. Nice, fun day.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter