Do you have a favorite parking spot at work?

what do you do when others park there?

Yes I do and I wish bad things would happen to those who park in my spot. It's not like I own it, or there's a sign but I get it 99% of the time so when someone is parked in it, it just seems to throw me off.

I had to pay for my spot - didn't get a choice
so if someone parks in my spot - I call the campus cops & let them know
then I get to park in a visitor spot(which is shaded ;))

I have an assigned one. I have a fit if somebody gets it, but park somewhere else.

Yes. But I go to work at 3 am so it is almost always open.
It is funny now I think about it, everyone of us that starts our work day between 11 pm and 6 am parks in the same spots everyday. Also funny that most of us park in the spots furthest from the entrance to the building (a whole city block further away)......because the majority of the spots, which are closer, and smaller, and you get dings on your car if you park there.

My Wife has the top bunk, I have the lower. No one else gets to park at our workplace.

6532666613_d2f17b16f8_z.jpg

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA2QYzyTJc4&feature=related

Ok, seriously I just got to a different spot. I worked at one place where I had a certain section of buildings I worked at, at a timeshare, I parked in the shade along with another co worker. Well the busy time guests would be parking in those spots, as soon as they left for the day, we'd move our cars there.lol.

Not one spot but a favorite section of the parking garage and that's because if I park there I can start my van by my remote starter- so it's warm when I go out to get in!:thumbsup2

Yes, since I am usually the 2nd person (of the peons) to get there. If someone is in that spot, I just park in the next one. However, I won't park in the spot closest to the door, because 1. There is an older woman who parks there, and she has trouble walking, so out of respect, we let her park there. (Her office is right inside the door, and yes, our building has handicapped spots but they are in front of the building and we use the side door). And 2. The smokers lean on your car and then it smells like smoke (no offense to smokers).

I've worked here 28 years and I have claimed the second parking spot. A coworker seems to be hell bent to take my spot when I leave for lunch -- she leaves several times during the day to run errands, comes in late which is probably the core of my annoyance. I know it's petty but when I come back from lunch (on time and I schedule my appointments for convenient hours, ask the boss if I can have the time off-- I'm a rule follower extraordinaire) it burns me to see her car in my spot. Childish, I know. But it burns me!

There are 6 or 7 spots and only 3 of us use them. We have our usual spots. I recently traded spots because two of us are SUV/van and the one with a car didn't like being between us because we have to back out onto a street and she couldn't see.

The boss parks out front and the other one parks in the lot a block away where there is shade and you don't have to back into the street.

If I have to drive our giant pickup I park in the parking lot because it would stick out too far into the street and get hit by a school bus.

I take the commuter rail to work but I do have my usual spot in the train parking lot. I picked it because it is near the farther entrance. I have a newer car so there is less of a chance people park near me.

I also sit in the quiet car of the train on the way home so that entrance is closest to that part of the train.

Yes I do and if someone else parks there I politely leave a note on their car stating the parking spot is mine and not to let it happen again.

I have reserved, covered parking about 20 feet from the entrance to the administration building where my office is located. I treasure this perk more than any other I have. Since a passcode is needed to access executive parking, I don't have to worry about someone else taking my spot.

My favorite spot is in my driveway at home... that means I'm off from work!

Seriously though - I'm like another poster. I work at a public ice rink. I park far away to avoid all the door dings from people coming and going.

I have a favorite spot and I get it all of the time since I am one of the first at work. If for some reason, I am later to work and my spot is gone, I just park in another one. Not a big enough problem to ruffle my feathers.

My husband is a school bus driver. The buses were changed to a different parking lot a couple of years ago. They all just sort of came in and parked in the next available spot because there wasn't a lot of extra room and buses are not very easy to park. They have to back them in and if you just leave a space open between buses, it is harder to get the bus into than parking a car. Another bus driver had a certain place that she liked to park. My husband parked in "her spot" one day because it was the next spot open. She left him a nasty note in his bus telling him that he was NOT to park in her spot. He wasn't the first to do it nor the first to get a nasty note. Next day, that was the next available spot so he parked there again. She started parking her car there everyday so that a bus couldn't be parked there. To do that, she had to move the bus, get out and park her car there and then get back on the bus. Then in the afternoon, she had to get off her bus, move the car, and then get back on the bus to put it in her spot. Just thought that was ridiculously funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter