• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last November, we brought DD to DL in her Melody costume from Halloween. I wore blue jeans, a green short sleeve shirt and a purple cami w/a little mermaid necklace and bow from Hot Topic. DH wore blue jeans, a white shirt, and I sewed a red "belt" (just a sash of red fabric, basically..hemmed so it wouldn't fray_)for DH to tie around his waist and be Prince Eric. The great part about those outfits was if we decided we didn't want to bound any longer, just take away the purple cami/red sash and it's not really bounding.

We had a great interaction with Ariel at the M&G at the wishing well. She recognized DD as Melody right away and totally picked up on the Disneybounding with DH and I. It was one of the best character interactions we've had :)

I bound at home sometimes too. DD's birthday party this year was Rapunzel. I wore a light purple SS shirt (about the color of DD's Rapunzel costume), wore a pink necklace (couldn't get a pink cami in time, unfortunately), and gold sun shaped earrings. This weekend a friend of mine's son is having his first birthday party and it's Mickey themed. I'm planning on wearing a black top w/a red cami, and my Minnie hairbow from Hot Topic (and putting on my Minnie Mouse Jamberrys before I go).

I'm looking forward to more involved bounding for DL this year :)

I bought a purple dress that would make a great Rapunzel Disneybound - I would need to hot glue flowers to a headband and I would be Rapunzel with her short brown hair (I have very short hair). If I didn't have the flowers in my hair I would just be a random woman in a purple dress. :)
I even own a stuffed Pascal already so I could carry him around in my backpack and only take him out for pictures and the M&G of course - because I can't Disneybound as Rapunzel and not do the Rapunzel M&G.

Hmmmm - this would be an easy comfy outfit for MNSSHP too.

I had the opportunity to meet Leslie Kay who is the mastermind behind DisneyBound and when she told her story, I was really touched.

For those of you who have never heard of DisneyBound, it's about the coolest thing ever! Leslie creates [photos of] outfits on her DisneyBound Tumblr page with regular clothing pieces that when paired together with certain accessories, resemble some of our favorite Disney Characters!

Disney Parks Guests all over the world create their own outfits to wear during their Disney vacations. It can be as simple as a yellow blouse, blue pants, and red shoes for a Snow White DisneyBound. See what I mean? :goodvibes

Anyways, I thought I'd start this thread and share Leslie's incredible talent and I'd really love it if you guys could share your own DisneyBound pics if you've ever done it.

Here's a swimwear one Leslie just shared on her Facebook page - it's Parking Attendant Judy Hopps from Zootopia!!

View attachment 180400

What does this have to do with Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies? This post should probably be moved.

I'm working on my bounds for our December trip. My DD6 has a costume planned for most days, so I'm going to coordinate with her. Trying to just use things I already have, but I may buy a few pieces eventually. DH says it looks stupid, but I think it's fun!
image.jpeg
Anna (DD will be Elsa)
image.jpeg
Belle (DD also Belle, I offered to do beast or gaston but she wanted me to match)
image.jpeg
Leia (DD will be Rey and my baby nieces who are going with us will be BB8 and Yoda)

I'm working on my bounds for our December trip. My DD6 has a costume planned for most days, so I'm going to coordinate with her. Trying to just use things I already have, but I may buy a few pieces eventually. DH says it looks stupid, but I think it's fun!
View attachment 182207
Anna (DD will be Elsa)
View attachment 182213
Belle (DD also Belle, I offered to do beast or gaston but she wanted me to match)
View attachment 182221
Leia (DD will be Rey and my baby nieces who are going with us will be BB8 and Yoda)
Husbands can be so funny, can't they? :duck:

I think you look great! Thanks for sharing pics!!

I tried DisneyBounding for the first time last year - Minnie, Kermit, Nemo, Donald. It was fun, but I feel like I need to raise my game now! :-)

I have several days planned. Like pp my sweet dh laughed and snickered a bit, with thaT "if it makes you happy look". My ever rational 12 yr old ds asked what would I do with all the stuff after our trip. He makes a good point so I used mostly what I had and bought things I would use in real life. My plan is basic, as color blocking is easy and my biggest expense was yellow converse and 2 cross body bags (yellow and red). They go with my 3 characters- Mickey, Donald, and Snow White. Bought a few pieces of accent jewelry and I am excited. More excited than wearing a Disney tee as I don't like to wear that out too much IRL, so I will get use out of the things I got. Just wished I did it for my dd however I already had her outfits together.

I think this would be so fun. My dd and I are hoping to disbound once or twice on our next trip. We may even rope in ds (10) since we just plan on doing more color schemes with maybe some accessories for the females.

Here are mine for my upcoming trip...this will be my 1st time doing it and an over the moon excited to wear my outfits and finding corresponding characters, rides, props etc. to get pix with.

Where did you find the spotted sweater! I am planning on doing Cruella for MNSSHP this year. I have red and black clothes but would love to find a sweater like that. Right now I am looking to buy a scarf or drape of some kind on Etsy. But I would love that sweater for real life too!

I have several days planned. Like pp my sweet dh laughed and snickered a bit, with thaT "if it makes you happy look". My ever rational 12 yr old ds asked what would I do with all the stuff after our trip. He makes a good point so I used mostly what I had and bought things I would use in real life. My plan is basic, as color blocking is easy and my biggest expense was yellow converse and 2 cross body bags (yellow and red). They go with my 3 characters- Mickey, Donald, and Snow White. Bought a few pieces of accent jewelry and I am excited. More excited than wearing a Disney tee as I don't like to wear that out too much IRL, so I will get use out of the things I got. Just wished I did it for my dd however I already had her outfits together.

JU4TJi

HitchhikingGhosts.jpg

This was my costume/DisneyBound/Runner Outfit I wore last year to MNSSHP. Black runner's capris, black dry fit tshirt and a red petticoat I picked up from Walmart in the Halloween costumes. I added two yellow fabric flowers from Hobby Lobby to represent the buttons on Mickey's shorts. I snipped the bow off of some sequined Minnie ears.

I looked and looked and looked for yellow Converse before my trip and could not find any so I just wore my comfy black sneakers. I finally found the yellow Converse a few months ago but didn't buy them. If I decide to do Mickey again I may have to go back and get them. Right now I am thinking Cruella wearing the same capris and a red top and spotted scarf.

I've done vanelope (Halloween 2013 at work) Snow White (24 hour party and Halloween at work 2014 + a few additional park visits as well) Ariel (24 hour party 2015) and village belle (Halloween at work 2015) as well as Ursula and a newsie on random day trips. DSis sprung on my yesterday she wants to bound as Anna and Elsa on our upcoming cruise so working on that one as well as possibly bounding as Zerina for pirate night & then either aurora or ball gown belle for w&d 10k

DBFF and I DisneyBounded as Jack Skellington (DBFF) and Oogie Boogie (me) for MVMCP this year!

tumblr_ogiofeUQVb1sx99zlo1_540.jpg

DBFF's dress and my bug leggings are from Hot Topic. I ripped up a dress from Walmart and hotglued dollar store bugs to the tank I'm wearing underneath (which kind of edges the line between costume and bound but no one said anything to us). And you can't really see them, but I made hair clips out of dice!
someone was not pleased with me

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter