Do waitlists ever come through?

cmkallen

BWV Since 2006
I am leaving for my first cruise on Nov 17 for 3 nights. I already have a cat 3room #8534. I understand this is a great room, but I am on a waitlist for a cat 2 or 1. Do they ever come through last minute?

CK

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'd say your chances are pretty small. There are only 2 Cat. 1s and 2 Cat. 2s on the ship. The odds of someone cancelling are slim to none, IMO...especially when those guests would be out a whole lot of money since you are now in your non-refundable period.

We had one of the aft handicapped Cat 3's booked for this November.

About 4 months before departure, we got offered a Cat 2. which we greatfully accepted.

About six weeks after that, we got another call, offering the Roy - Ka-Ching!.

It does happen, but I am guessing our occurance is pretty rare.....

8534 is a pretty great room, so you are doing ok, but we understand how cool it is to get one of the others.....

Good Luck!

We had one of the aft handicapped Cat 3's booked for this November.

About 4 months before departure, we got offered a Cat 2. which we greatfully accepted.

About six weeks after that, we got another call, offering the Roy - Ka-Ching!.

It does happen, but I am guessing our occurance is pretty rare.....

8534 is a pretty great room, so you are doing ok, but we understand how cool it is to get one of the others.....

Good Luck!

I'm happy to hear this because we are in the same boat (hee hee!:rotfl: ) Our past two cruises we cruised in a Cat. 1 and a Cat. 2. For our cruise in about a year we have a mid ship Cat. 3, but we waitlisted right away for the other 2 categories. We're hoping that the final payment period comes up or the 2009 itineraries are released and someone in those 4 suites backs out and our name comes up. Keep your fingers crossed for all of us waiting for a phone call from our TA! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter