Do the characters mind? *~Best character interaction stories~*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting to read everyone's experiences.

So, OP, how was your trip?

i know right? i love hearing all the different stories! its like a little bit of daily disney magic ad fun to share with each other happy memories.

speaking of happy memories my trip was really really great!! there were a couple of mishaps and incidents but for the majority best disney trip I've ever had!

trip report should be in signature pictures just got posted this evening as it took me forever to figure out how lol

We were walking through MK last week with my 3 DS and we saw the Stepmother with the Stepsisters on their way somewhere. The Stepmother saw my sons and started motioning for them to come over. Her daughters played along but my sons were having none of it, they kept walking. :lmao: (I was egging them on by pointing at my sons)

This past NYE I was there (26) with my boyfriend (27) and we managed to meet a few characters of all types. I actually took notice of the fact that in all the lines, it was mostly all 20s+! We had a few kids behind us in the line for Buzz, but other than that it was all people our age or older.

We had a ton of fun with them, and they were super interactive with us! Peter Pan was awesome and kept us chatting for quite some time as the line wasn't long since people were already staking out fireworks spots.

This past NYE I was there (26) with my boyfriend (27) and we managed to meet a few characters of all types. I actually took notice of the fact that in all the lines, it was mostly all 20s+! We had a few kids behind us in the line for Buzz, but other than that it was all people our age or older.

We had a ton of fun with them, and they were super interactive with us! Peter Pan was awesome and kept us chatting for quite some time as the line wasn't long since people were already staking out fireworks spots.

thats awesome to hear that more older crowds are starting to get in lines always nice to hear!

Finally get to add a character story myself!! working on uploading the post top the thread!

Interesting thread. I can understand adults taking a quick photo with a character for fun. But the adults without kids who get really "serious" about it - booking character meals and lining up for a long time to meet the coveted princesses - that's pretty odd, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the CMs think the same thing.

Speaking of which, I wonder how often the princesses have to deal with creep-os. I bet it happens more than we'd like to think.

Interesting thread. I can understand adults taking a quick photo with a character for fun. But the adults without kids who get really "serious" about it - booking character meals and lining up for a long time to meet the coveted princesses - that's pretty odd, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the CMs think the same thing.

Speaking of which, I wonder how often the princesses have to deal with creep-os. I bet it happens more than we'd like to think.

i think that majority of this thread seems to see it as fine no matter what your age is when seeing the characters seeing how we all pay admission and walt said it was for all kids old and young. i think theres something special about seeing your favorite disney film come to life and able too meet the characters from the story no matter your age

finally getting to share a great character story

Ok so i wanted to meet him in the park, however due to getting trapped in the Carousel of Progress that didnt pan out lol. However thanks to the Pirates and palls firework voyage it wasn't Peter'less trip!

ok so i got to meet Captain Hook and Mr. Smee!! they were well lets just say not that thrilled with me as i was wearing a custom Peter Pan shirt and they refused to take a picture with me until i covered up my shirt! even the photographer and people in line were laughing:rotfl2:
IMG_0952_zpsea9e3c69.jpg
IMG_0952_zpsea9e3c69.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
As you can see finally once i covered the shirt they were more accommodating and we all took the Hook pose!

after the cruise which was awesome as it was the last night of the Mickeys christmas party firework show:) we got to meet PETER PAN!!
he was in fine form very animated, and i could hear him saying to one girl who was a little bit further up in line than us "get on with it girl"

Once he saw my shirt his eyes lit up! his first response was you Flattened me, what does it say as i can't read" i told him that it said never grow up, he really liked that as well!!
IMG_0950_zpsc12a551d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
8df5da7f-bccc-4ced-a65d-c19bd804bc3d_zps8f625ee3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

he talked to both of us, and was so nice, he told me to make sure i had a girl to keep him clean (referring to the shirt). and how wendy always helped him keep all of his stuff clean
IMG_0947_zps32f7da10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
and then he hugged us both as we left (i was kinda mad the photographer didn't capture that moment lol) but we did get a nice group shot!
326c734c-1d21-43db-99a1-596ff46a45bf_zps9f6d630e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
LOVE THAT I FINALLY HAVE A GREAT CHARACTER EXPERIENCE STORY TO SHARE (and i definitely will be going to see him again lol)

Last edited:
I had a blast last year with the characters. I told Daisy that i was going to steal Donald from her and she played along well. Then I told Donald what i told Daisy and he drew a heart and pointed to himself. And I danced with Goofy. Snow White kinda threw me off when she asked how I got there and i said plane and she said something aobut a flying horse. LOL I had a great time. The only incident occured at Cape May with Goofy there - he didnt seem to want to stick around, but he was doing that to a lot of guests. Maybe the CM was having a problem with the costume that day

I had a blast last year with the characters. I told Daisy that i was going to steal Donald from her and she played along well. Then I told Donald what i told Daisy and he drew a heart and pointed to himself. And I danced with Goofy. Snow White kinda threw me off when she asked how I got there and i said plane and she said something aobut a flying horse. LOL I had a great time. The only incident occured at Cape May with Goofy there - he didnt seem to want to stick around, but he was doing that to a lot of guests. Maybe the CM was having a problem with the costume that day

i love donald so much out of the fav five i know he loves to get attention!! I'm stumbled as to what a flying horse could be as well!

and i know what you mean sometimes the meals the character seem rushed but sometimes they take more time and energy!

I see it differently. I think the folks working as character CMs chose to work there in that capacity because they love Disney. I bet they love seeing other adults as enthusiastic as they are.

I have 2:

Last September was my first trip as an adult & I love Mary Poppins. I told my husband that if I got the chance to meet her, that would be great, but the trip was for our kids so whatever they want to do. Well, on our last day there, it was basically a MK free day. We had FP+ for Anna & Elsa later, but we had done everything else we wanted to do. So I told him I wanted to find Mary Poppins. It was as soon as the park opened & MDE was saying she meets at The Chapeau starting at 9:00, but Kenny The Pirate was saying top floor of the Train Station. Well, we went to The Chapeau, nothing. Train Station, nothing. We got some breakfast & at about 9:30 & after my DH asking numerous CMs, I said let's just get on the train & head to FantasyLand. I felt SO SILLY, this grown women stalking Mary Poppins for a half hour. I kept begging him to stop asking CMs. So we hop on the train & no lie, I was so bummed. Just as the train is about to start up, one of the station CMs comes running & is screaming, "Hold the train!! Hold the train!!" She comes up to us & grabs my hand & is like, "Come on, Mary is on her way up!!" Now, if I felt ridiculous before, I was BEYOND now. I felt like the entire train was looking at me like, "What freak wants to meet a character that bad?" Needless to say, we were in the room where she meets waiting for her as she came in. I was beet red & totally acted like it was my kids who wanted to meet her. After a hug, sign, photo with my girls...Mary could tell it was really me who wanted to see her, but I was trying to play it cool. She came over to me, grabbed my hand & walked me around the train station while we talked about all kinds of stuff. She even gave me a hug, which is very out of character if you think about it. After our photo, she told me it was a pleasure meeting me & that it had made her day.

That same trip, my 78 year old grandmother came with us. Knowing that this would probably be the last time she is able to vacation with the family & the last time she was in WDW was in the 1970's. She has always LOVED Winnie the Pooh, so we scheduled an ADR for Crystal Palace. Let me just say, the character interaction moved my mother & I to tears. And we aren't the emotional, crying, type. They gushed over my grandmother, spending more time at our table with her, than at others with small kids. She was wearing a Pooh shirt & Pooh just loved it. They all even came over so that we could get a picture of her with all of them. After they made their rounds, they all came over to say good-bye to her before they took a break (I'm assuming because they all disappeared). Pooh stayed with her forever, I don't think that he hardly got a break at all.

I have 2:

Last September was my first trip as an adult & I love Mary Poppins. I told my husband that if I got the chance to meet her, that would be great, but the trip was for our kids so whatever they want to do. Well, on our last day there, it was basically a MK free day. We had FP+ for Anna & Elsa later, but we had done everything else we wanted to do. So I told him I wanted to find Mary Poppins. It was as soon as the park opened & MDE was saying she meets at The Chapeau starting at 9:00, but Kenny The Pirate was saying top floor of the Train Station. Well, we went to The Chapeau, nothing. Train Station, nothing. We got some breakfast & at about 9:30 & after my DH asking numerous CMs, I said let's just get on the train & head to FantasyLand. I felt SO SILLY, this grown women stalking Mary Poppins for a half hour. I kept begging him to stop asking CMs. So we hop on the train & no lie, I was so bummed. Just as the train is about to start up, one of the station CMs comes running & is screaming, "Hold the train!! Hold the train!!" She comes up to us & grabs my hand & is like, "Come on, Mary is on her way up!!" Now, if I felt ridiculous before, I was BEYOND now. I felt like the entire train was looking at me like, "What freak wants to meet a character that bad?" Needless to say, we were in the room where she meets waiting for her as she came in. I was beet red & totally acted like it was my kids who wanted to meet her. After a hug, sign, photo with my girls...Mary could tell it was really me who wanted to see her, but I was trying to play it cool. She came over to me, grabbed my hand & walked me around the train station while we talked about all kinds of stuff. She even gave me a hug, which is very out of character if you think about it. After our photo, she told me it was a pleasure meeting me & that it had made her day.

That same trip, my 78 year old grandmother came with us. Knowing that this would probably be the last time she is able to vacation with the family & the last time she was in WDW was in the 1970's. She has always LOVED Winnie the Pooh, so we scheduled an ADR for Crystal Palace. Let me just say, the character interaction moved my mother & I to tears. And we aren't the emotional, crying, type. They gushed over my grandmother, spending more time at our table with her, than at others with small kids. She was wearing a Pooh shirt & Pooh just loved it. They all even came over so that we could get a picture of her with all of them. After they made their rounds, they all came over to say good-bye to her before they took a break (I'm assuming because they all disappeared). Pooh stayed with her forever, I don't think that he hardly got a break at all.

i know what you mean feeling silly hunting down characters in the park or even just booking a special event in the attempt solely to meet one lol, and for a while i was kinda embarrassed but part of new years resolution i was planning on being more sure of myself and less caring of others opinions, i mean its our trip too right? we paid for the same experience!! and like Mary Poppins once they find out you have a genuine interest in them they try to take a little extra time with you and sometimes break character with hugs, (I know same way with peter for me, I'm pretty sure he hardly ever hugs lol).

oh that is so precious that your grandmother got such a great treasure of a memory with the characters at crystal palace I've ate their once and loved it I'm sure she truly enjoyed getting so much attention from them!!

We have always had great interactions with the characters and we don't have children. We are often fairly quick and take out picture and move on as well but the characters have been great. Both times we have done the Elsa & Anna meet and greet they were awesome! This past trip over Christmas Elsa asked me what land I travel from from. When I told her Canada she said "Oh I must visit sometime". I told her that she would love it because we get a lot of snow. She got excited and said "OH!! I could build a beautiful ice castle!". One our trip in Sept Elsa asked me if my husband was my ice handler and how long we had been together. I told her we have been together for 10 years and married for 7. She said "oh could you please give some advice to me sister? I keep trying to tell you you can't marry a man you just met but she doesn't listen". When we got to Anna, Elsa yelled over to her and said I had some advice for her. Then me and Anna had conversation around that. It was very funny!
I also remember our trip back in Sept at MNSSHP I was dressed up as Tink so I wanted to do the m&g with her. She actually talked and joked around with me for about 10 minutes and got me to make faces with her.

finally getting to share a great character story Ok so i wanted to meet him in the park, however due to getting trapped in the Carousel of Progress that didnt pan out lol. However thanks to the Pirates and palls firework voyage it wasn't Peter'less trip! ok so i got to meet Captain Hook and Mr. Smee!! they were well lets just say not that thrilled with me as i was wearing a custom Peter Pan shirt and they refused to take a picture with me until i covered up my shirt! even the photographer and people in line were laughing:rotfl2:[/URL][/IMG] As you can see finally once i covered the shirt they were more accommodating and we all took the Hook pose! after the cruise which was awesome as it was the last night of the Mickeys christmas party firework show:) we got to meet PETER PAN!! he was in fine form very animated, and i could hear him saying to one girl who was a little bit further up in line than us "get on with it girl" Once he saw my shirt his eyes lit up! his first response was you Flattened me, what does it say as i can't read" i told him that it said never grow up, he really liked that as well!! [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] he talked to both of us, and was so nice, he told me to make sure i had a girl to keep him clean (referring to the shirt). and how wendy always helped him keep all of his stuff clean [/URL][/IMG] and then he hugged us both as we left (i was kinda mad the photographer didn't capture that moment lol) but we did get a nice group shot! [/URL][/IMG] LOVE THAT I FINALLY HAVE A GREAT CHARACTER EXPERIENCE STORY TO SHARE (and i definitely will be going to see him again lol)

I just read in your TR how you missed seeing him when you were at MK so I am thrilled you got to meet him on the fireworks voyage.

It sounds like you really had great interaction with him and Captain Hook and Mr. Snead

I love how Peter Pan stayed true to his chapter and said he didn't know how to read.

Too funny when Hook and Smead made you cover up PP before they would take a photo with you

i know i was truly bummed about that, but i tried to shake it off lol. and yes i was very happy with the fireworks cruise!! so many good memories made, i wish the photographer had gotten him hugging us, but i checked the memory maker photos online and they didnt get it there either so kinda glad i didnt buy it lol.

but i know they were all so animated and made it perfect just what i had wanted i am already planning to do fireworks and palls adjoin on a short day trip into orlando with another friend of mine (hopefully thats not a bad thing haha)

everyone loved hook refusing to to get his photo with me, the line was all full of laughs even the photographers lol

I was a character for about 12 years and some of my favorite memories are with adult groups with no kids. One of the things many of us really liked was not having to sign autographs and just interacting with the guests. Sometimes you feel like an autograph machine so interacting and taking photos is always much more fun.

One of my favorite memories was when an elderly man met my friend that day, Tigger, and he cried as he hugged, saying that he remembered the stories from when he was a child and meeting Tigger brought back all of those memories. Tigger got teary eyed, too, btw :)

I was a character for about 12 years and some of my favorite memories are with adult groups with no kids. One of the things many of us really liked was not having to sign autographs and just interacting with the guests. Sometimes you feel like an autograph machine so interacting and taking photos is always much more fun.

One of my favorite memories was when an elderly man met my friend that day, Tigger, and he cried as he hugged, saying that he remembered the stories from when he was a child and meeting Tigger brought back all of those memories. Tigger got teary eyed, too, btw :)

wow thats awesome that you were "friends" with the characters!! and i guess i can see how sometimes they feel like machines with the younger fans. so getting actually interactions or even conversations would be like a nice break.

that has to be one of the best character experiences I've read! I'm sure the characters have favorite people who meet them stories lol

id love to work for disney park some day not sure how, and people have said it will probably never work out, but they can't stop me from dreaming!

I am a 46 year old man and one of the greatest moments in my Disney experiences was when I meet Cinderella's step mom and sisters.....

I told Lady Tremaine that her daughters were much more attractive than Cinderella....the conversation with the three of them from that point forward was hilarious. My wife and kids were not in line with me...but standing off to the side and watching after getting off the Carousel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter