Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll just give you some warning if you're asleep or in the shower or something. You still have to let them in but the way they just barge in and start walking around is what you're curtailing.

I'm getting one; thanks for the link!

Happy to help. And yes, that's it exactly. Most folks seemed concerned about either being asleep or in the bathroom - this would allay that fear (somewhat).

So how are they going to do security checks with a dog in the room and the guest not in the room??
I answered this one many pages back, lost in the sea I know lol. I just returned from WDW and spent New Years and NYE in Epcot and MK. I specifically asked the resort duty manager about the policy and was assured that rooms with pets would not be entered while a pet was in the room. The "pluto" door hanger would be respected at all times. Also, every resort will roll into this plan at some time during this month and by the end of the 1st quarter. The only likely exclusions will be the camp/RV sites at Fort Wilderness and the cabins haven't been announced yet either.

I'm sure a few people will chime in about how bringing a dog would defeat the daily room check but unless a would be bad guy is going to lay out all their stuff on the bed and then leave the room (highly unlikely), what is the check actually going to catch anyway?
-----------
This still hasn't been answered, exactly what is accomplished by these checks-

Under the current room check system: Any and all illicit items are kept in luggage until after the room is serviced / checked. Also any items could be left in a vehicle in the parking lot until after the days "check".
*Which is what the Vegas murderer did BTW, kept it all in luggage until that day.

Under a future scenario where a room AND the luggage are all inspected: potential bag guy leaves all illicit items in vehicle in parking lot or simply launches an attack on the day of check in.

Under a future fix for aforementioned future fix: Disney inspects all room contents AND luggage AND all vehicles entering Disney property: Disney security finds guns and ammo in a guests car and says "are you leaving those in the car or checking them at the front desk?" Guest replies either "Leaving them in the car" or "checking in at the front desk" and either way the CM says "Ok thanks, have a magical day!"
*Disney and 99.999% of other companies and businesses in Florida are prohibited by law from preventing a lawful gun owner from having firearms in their vehicle. There are similar laws in most other states also.

So, specifically, how does this new intrusive policy of harassing guests who have shown no actual signs of nefarious actions occurring in their rooms do anything to improve security or prevent any sort of actual attack?

Happy to help. And yes, that's it exactly. Most folks seemed concerned about either being asleep or in the bathroom - this would allay that fear (somewhat).

At least it would startle and blow the ear drums of whomever tried to barge in. A small karma victory for me in exchange for the last remaining tidbit of on-the-road privacy that's now been taken away.

Under a future fix for aforementioned future fix: Disney inspects all room contents AND luggage AND all vehicles entering Disney property: Disney security finds guns and ammo in a guests car and says "are you leaving those in the car or checking them at the front desk?" Guest replies either "Leaving them in the car" or "checking in at the front desk" and either way the CM says "Ok thanks, have a magical day!"
*Disney and 99.999% of other companies and businesses in Florida are prohibited by law from preventing a lawful gun owner from having firearms in their vehicle. There are similar laws in most other states also.

But does this apply for private property?

Has anyone noticed most of the problems with this so called "security check" seems to come from WL? We have reservations there for Sept. I am wondering if we should change hotels. I am old and tired and I go on vacation to have a little fun but also rest and chill. We usually get housekeeping every other day, we don't need or want it everyday. Has anyone seen any complaints for any other hotel?

Has anyone noticed most of the problems with this so called "security check" seems to come from WL?
Haven't noticed that. Perhaps its a case of poor CM training at that particular location?

I just stayed at the Polynesian and never had anyone barge in. I did forget to take the sign of my door one morning and got a text from the hotel asking me if they could come in and clean.

As a police officer, I do get Disney's concern while also having to preserve privacy. All it takes is one person to screw everything up and people would be scared to go to Disney World and profits would be down. I'm sure they'll iron it out as they go along.

Perhaps there was an actually threat that the general public wasn't aware of. But anyone trained with a rifle could certainly hit people from the magic kingdom from Bay Lake. Hopefully the new measures will keep Disney incident free.

The picture of the text I received is attached.

Attachments

• IMG_3886.PNG
    IMG_3886.PNG
    214.7 KB · Views: 136
I just stayed at the Polynesian and never had anyone barge in. I did forget to take the sign of my door one morning and got a text from the hotel asking me if they could come in and clean.

As a police officer, I do get Disney's concern while also having to preserve privacy. All it takes is one person to screw everything up and people would be scared to go to Disney World and profits would be down. I'm sure they'll iron it out as they go along.

Perhaps there was an actually threat that the general public wasn't aware of. But anyone trained with a rifle could certainly hit people from the magic kingdom from Bay Lake. Hopefully the new measures will keep Disney incident free.

The picture of the text I received is attached.
Ohh I like the text. Wonder how long they give you to answer/if there is a time limit. I know for instance if you're in the shower or bathroom or asleep you may not hear the text/be able to answer the text or if you're at the parks and are on a ride, etc you may not hear the text or be able to check so it wouldn't be the most ideal thing but it is something more than assuming sign up time for a security check.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention getting a text..was this something that happened from the beginning or something adjusted due to guest feedback I wonder?

I like that too. I would not have a problem with any of this if I knew all the hotels on-site would do that. In Vegas they leave a message on room phone the same kind of message.

When we went for W&D weekend we stayed at GF, and I would receive the following text from housekeeping:

"Good Morning Mrs. Smith,
The Do Not Disturb sign is currently on your Guest room door. If you would like your room clean please text back YES or NO; reply 'STOP' at any time to stop receiving messages. Thank you! -Felicia"

The name of the texter would change depending on which housekeeper we got. On one of the days it was Jannette, but for the rest of our stay it was Felicia (the one named on the housekeeping card in our room).

But does this apply for private property?
I'm not sure I understand the question. I was very specific in the post you quoted. Are you talking about private property owned by an individual as their homestead or property held privately (be it an individual or corporation) that is open to the public / a public accommodation?

The former can kick anyone off their property for any reason they want. The later is subject to a multitude of federal, state and local laws and regulations on how they can and cannot behave.

Feel free to read the laws for yourself pertaining to this, I'll cite them again-
http://flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2017/Chapter790

edit to fix link

Ohh I like the text. Wonder how long they give you to answer/if there is a time limit. I know for instance if you're in the shower or bathroom or asleep you may not hear the text/be able to answer the text or if you're at the parks and are on a ride, etc you may not hear the text or be able to check so it wouldn't be the most ideal thing but it is something more than assuming sign up time for a security check.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention getting a text..was this something that happened from the beginning or something adjusted due to guest feedback I wonder?
I was on the Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter