Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are so annoyed/angry/fearful that they're threatening not to stay in Disney resorts.
They did the same thing when it came to the dog policy. Whether you agree with their reason behind their desire to stay off property or not (which by your previous thoughts you don't agree and that's all fine and all) this is by no means the first time a change in policy or a decision Disney has done (including cost increases, perceived decline in customer service or housekeeping issues, etc) has people saying they will not stay in Disney resorts.

Your second comment I didn't quote since the dog policy didn't impact DVC resorts but other things may have people second guessing their decision to own/keep/buy DVC property.

This new policy (which isn't really new) is actually just a ploy to take the focus off the dog policy.

Well played, Disney.

mission_accomplished_baby.jpg

People are so annoyed/angry/fearful that they're threatening not to stay in Disney resorts. I wonder if I'll finally be able to book a DVC studio at an Epcot resort during Food & Wine at the seven-month mark.
Threatening? I don’t stay anywhere, if I don’t feel comfortable. Definitely, won’t shell out $10k+ to have that “privilege”. For us, t
his policy is just another nail in the coffin. Could be the last for some..

Threatening? I don’t stay anywhere, if I don’t feel comfortable. Definitely, won’t shell out $10k+ to have that “privilege”. For us, t
his policy is just another nail in the coffin. Could be the last for some..
Yes, absolutely. That's why I said it might lead to increased availability for some of the more difficult to obtain rooms.

I wonder if I'll finally be able to book a DVC studio at an Epcot resort during Food & Wine at the seven-month mark.

Good luck with that! :rotfl2:

Actually early September generally has some availability if you're right on the ball, but that's also right when school starts too and many people (understandably) won't even consider going then.

I'm also a very light sleeper, so I usually wear earplugs. Even if staff knocks on my door, I'm not going to hear it. I wonder what staff does if they enter and there is a sleeping person? Do they leave? Do they look around the room while they're sleeping and then leave? Wake them up?

I'm coming from the perspective of a person who is usually jetlagged because Hawaii isn't close to any major land mass. Just going to California, is a 2 hour timezone jump. If I'm not going to another island, I'm usually looking at a 3 zone time jump at a minimum. I live behind DND signs when I travel because I don't handle jet lag well. I'm grumpy and a nap a lot at random times (I know I shouldn't, but blah!). Feels weird and annoying to know I'm not given the option of just being left alone. I was thinking about going to Orlando at the end of this year with my best friend, so I have a whole year to hear stories about how this is actually playing out in hotels.

Even if staff knocks on my door, I'm not going to hear it. I wonder what staff does if they enter and there is a sleeping person?
Another good point for making sure you put the security lock on the door when you're in the room sleeping or otherwise.

Another good point for making sure you put the security lock on the door when you're in the room sleeping or otherwise.
I know this has been said before, but that only works when you are all staying in the room together if someone is taking a mid day nap.
Typically, one person in our party is napping while the others are quietly slipping in and out of the room.

Actually, her timeline makes perfect sense. She was on her way to the airport. Her husband ran the race the day before and they waited in the room for him. Housekeeping came by and she declined because they would be checking out the next day (today). They then knocked again at 2:30 pm as they were about to leave for dinner.

Got it! Reading it (even a couple of times), it came through in my mind that the 9:30 incident and the 2:30 incident happened the day of departure. Thanks!

That only works if you're the only person staying in the room. I think that's happened twice in my 36 years of traveling.

So if the knocking doesn't wake you the alarm does?????

I think actively blocking them from entering your room is a good way of getting more attention than you want.

It'll just give you some warning if you're asleep or in the shower or something. You still have to let them in but the way they just barge in and start walking around is what you're curtailing.

I'm getting one; thanks for the link!

Considering the fact that the product description states that it has a "very loud shrill", I think that's a reasonable assumption.

Thanks to @TheRealDrDisney for posting this device. It's extremely timely since I was actually just told this morning I'm being sent to Texas with a male colleague which means I'll be alone in my room (yikes!). I'm going to invest in it for peace of mind.

I think actively blocking them from entering your room is a good way of getting more attention than you want.

Doesn't block - just alarms you - loudly. And everyone within a 100 yard radius.

regarding the dog policy, there were persons on here saying that because of the dog policy, they were refusing to stay at resorts that weren't even subject to the dog policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter