• 208-215

Votes: 71 43.8%

Votes: 46 28.4%

Votes: 17 10.5%

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 300+

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
I misread, my bad - you're right. Still, timing could work out for VDH to fill in for VGF.

Is good to also note that most DVC sales are in January and March, so it could sell out

Never mind..I have found some info regarding January.

But I think it would take a big change to see that monthly number go up high enough to shave off any measurable timeline.

I think all thee will be selling at the same time but maybe for not too long depending on what VGF gets down to sold out status.

I thought VDH was opening in 2023…is it not now?

Thank you for the explanation....
I've never been to CA/DL so I have NO idea what the layout is. My only "knowledge" is from the research I have done online and from reading and watching countless videos on the history of Disneyland. I appreciate every bit of input and first-hand information that people provide so that I can broaden my own knowledge base. :teacher:

Not to pile on about the location, but the DVC tower at DLH is going to be furtherest tower away from the parks too. So, we're talking at least a good 1 mile hike to Disneyland Park entrance. You could walk from Bay Lake Tower to Magic Kingdom twice.

Not to pile on about the location, but the DVC tower at DLH is going to be furtherest tower away from the parks too.
I mean... yeah technically, but it's a TINY resort, footprint-wise. It would be like the walk from the Contemporary garden wing versus Bay Lake Tower.

Something else I'll point out, you won't even be getting your own security checkpoint/gate like the new Pixar Place Hotel or Grand Californian for DCA. You're going to walk 20-25 minutes to wind up in a long security line every morning to enter Disneyland Park and while DLH guests can use the DCA entrance at Gran Cal, most don't even know you can.
The security checkpoint is at the west end of Downtown Disney which is the access point for DLH guests. When you access through there you have no other security checkpoints to get to either of the parks.

Not to pile on about the location, but the DVC tower at DLH is going to be furtherest tower away from the parks too. So, we're talking at least a good 1 mile hike to Disneyland Park entrance. You could walk from Bay Lake Tower to Magic Kingdom twice.
Sorry, I just measured the paths in Google Earth. They are nearly the exact same length. Just over half a mile.

I know it's a running joke, but nobody walks in LA.

Wonder if we will still be in the recession the Fed is trying to put us in by the launch of DLT?

Google maps says it's a 9 minute walk from DLH to Disneyland, and a 10 minute walk from BLT to MK.

Doesn't sound too bad!
Yes, it's not bad. And... according to Google Maps, the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn is a 5 minute walk to Disneyland. Even better! :)

I think it will be the same price as all other resorts, but the chart will demand whatever premium Disney wants.

There may be incentives, but I suspect them to be more modest than Aulani for example.

As others have pointed out, your distances are wrong. The walk from DLH is 0.5 miles to the Esplanade. During the pandemic they made people walk from Mickey & Friends Parking to the park and you’ll walk past DLH if you take the Downtown Disney route. I hate walking which is why I prefer to stay at BLT when at WDW and I don’t ever feel that DLH is that far at all. And if the monorail is reliable and hotel guests are allowed to use PP entrance to DCA, then the tower location is looking to be pretty amazing.

As others have pointed out, your distances are wrong. The walk from DLH is 0.5 miles to the Esplanade. During the pandemic they made people walk from Mickey & Friends Parking to the park and you’ll walk past DLH if you take the Downtown Disney route. I hate walking which is why I prefer to stay at BLT when at WDW and I don’t ever feel that DLH is that far at all. And if the monorail is reliable and hotel guests are allowed to use PP entrance to DCA, then the tower location is looking to be pretty amazing.

Google Maps has it .7 miles from the DVC building to Disneyland Park entrance. That's pretty dang close to "about a mile." I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel numerous times including Frontier Tower (which would be closest tower to the DVC tower). It's a walk especially having to go around a crowded pool area, people hanging out at Downtown Disney, shops and stalls, etc. It'd be tough to make it in Google's 10-12 minute time frame on a normal night from the crowds alone.

That may not be a lot for some of you, but I consider it a con for the property. It's a pretty substantial location difference when Grand Californian is literally right outside the gate.

You can disagree, that's fine but I'm not the only one that thinks so. It's a fairly common complaint. They've even brought it up on the DVC show before.

From MouseSavers,

"The Disneyland Hotel is actually not super convenient to the parks (Paradise Pier is probably the least convenient overall, but Disneyland Hotel is a close second). There is no shuttle service, and the Monorail is not really a more convenient method to get to the park, as it was in the old days. To get to Disneyland Park, you now have to walk a fair distance through Downtown Disney to get to the resort Monorail station, which only serves Disneyland’s Tomorrowland station. Most of the time, it’s faster to just continue on foot to the entrance, unless you can see the monorail just about to arrive and the line isn’t long. If you are going to Disney California Adventure, which is not served by the Monorail, you will be walking a long way to that park’s entrance, fighting the crowds in Downtown Disney the entire time. Believe it or not, you will walk a lot less distance if you stay off-site and take the ART shuttle or park in the Mickey & Friends parking structure, because the shuttles drop you right near the front gates of the two parks."

https://www.mousesavers.com/the-disneyland-resort-hotels/

I did not know they moved the west end security checkpoint to outside the Disneyland Hotel. I haven't been since 2017/2018. That's nice and maybe helps with the morning crowds that used to bunch up at the Esplanade, not sure.

Either way, I still think the Villas at Disneyland Hotel is overhyped (on this board and DVCFan) and is not going to be this easy, must-buy premium property many people have made it out to be (at least not right now). But we will see.

They may want to at least open a table service restaurant (that's not a character buffet) in the complex before they put it on sale.

I voted for the $208 - $215 range as I suspect there will be one more price increase to GFV and RIV to $215'ish and then DLT will be priced similarly. The incentives for GFV and RIV will then be adjusted to help ensure sales at those two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter