DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

Does anyone know the answer to this question:

If I buy park hoppers from AAA and link them to my account and make reservations, is it possible to later cancel the reservations and unlink the tickets and then sell them? I am unclear if the non transferable thing applies to wholly unused tickets. But it seems like once you link them, their fate is sealed. Is that the case? I've had an AP for so long that I'm unsure of ticket rules.

It's against the terms of the tickets to sell them so no. You cannot do that. You can gift a completely unused ticket to someone, though.

If I buy park hoppers from AAA and link them to my account and make reservations, is it possible to later cancel the reservations and unlink the tickets and then sell them? I am unclear if the non transferable thing applies to wholly unused tickets. But it seems like once you link them, their fate is sealed. Is that the case? I've had an AP for so long that I'm unsure of ticket rules.

It's always been Disney policy that tickets cannot be resold. You can always gift them or call Disney for other options.

I have been waiting all week to post this this silliness!

"There's magic in the air this evening
Magic in the air
The world is at her best, you know
When people love and care
The promise of excitement is one the night will keep
After all, there's only one more sleep 'til Christmas Disney"

May all of you going opening day rest well tonight and have the most magical day tomorrow :cloud9:

It's always been Disney policy that tickets cannot be resold. You can always gift them or call Disney for other options.
Mary Jo answered you on this same question not long ago in the Speculation Superthread. The answer is still the same, just as she posted here. For anyone seeking clarification, Disney's terms are printed on their website.

Btw - they added June 29th to the availability calendar this morning.

I can't verify whether it's actually reservable right now, but that'd be notable. That would mean your morning to book would be 60 days out, not 59.

(This was the one piece of the math I was wondering about - whether they counted the active day or not.)

Btw - they added June 29th to the availability calendar this morning.

I can't verify whether it's actually reservable right now, but that'd be notable. That would mean your morning to book would be 60 days out, not 59.

(This was the one piece of the math I was wondering about - whether they counted the active day or not.)
Yes, I was able to reserve June 29 this morning on the app. Received an email confirmation, but still not able to book dining for that day.

Guess I better buy my next set of park hoppers this weekend so I can make July 2 reservations on Monday!

Yeah - I have 7/14-7/18 at VGC. I need to figure out when I can book the reservations (looks like 5/15) so need to get those tickets before then!

Not that I would do this :rolleyes1 but what would happen if I made a hotel reservation, then made my park reservation using the "hotel bucket", and then cancelled the hotel reservation? Would my park reservation get cancelled as well (even if I bought the tickets separately from the hotel reservation)?

Not that I would do this :rolleyes1 but what would happen if I made a hotel reservation, then made my park reservation using the "hotel bucket", and then cancelled the hotel reservation? Would my park reservation get cancelled as well (even if I bought the tickets separately from the hotel reservation)?
At Disney World I've seen reports that they cancel the park reservation if your hotel reservation is cancelled and they're linked. Not sure if the DL software does that, depends on how much code they borrowed from the other coast ...

So, if you go to the parks before your check in date, then cancel your hotel reservation, nothing can happen. The hotel reservation system allows you to book park days beginning 10 days before checkin. I have a stay July 2 and the system will allow me to book June 22 onward.

I believe you have to cancel 5 days out from check in for a full refund.

So, if you go to the parks before your check in date, then cancel your hotel reservation, nothing can happen. The hotel reservation system allows you to book park days beginning 10 days before checkin. I have a stay July 2 and the system will allow me to book June 22 onward.

I believe you have to cancel 5 days out from check in for a full refund.

That is so helpful! Thank you!

Now if they would just add a way to upgrade tickets online... I still have four one day one park tickets because I ended up having to get park hoppers instead to be able to go to DL after the reservations ran out while I was buying tickets.

Is it possible to upgrade tickets over the phone or just at the ticket booth? I don’t think we're going again soon, and I don’t even know if we'd need to upgrade, but it's not like we could upgrade day of at the ticket booths with reservations required.

Now if they would just add a way to upgrade tickets online... I still have four one day one park tickets because I ended up having to get park hoppers instead to be able to go to DL after the reservations ran out while I was buying tickets.

Is it possible to upgrade tickets over the phone or just at the ticket booth? I don’t think we're going again soon, and I don’t even know if we'd need to upgrade, but it's not like we could upgrade day of at the ticket booths with reservations required.
I keep seeing reports of CMs saying that upgrades are only possible at the ticket booths. They told me that as well when I contacted them about different ticket issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter