DL rides you've never ridden -- or only ridden once?

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Folks, I've never ridden the tea cups. Ever. I'm not big on spinning rides and am afraid it would make me too dizzy. So I've consciously avoided that attraction over the 60-plus times I've visited DL.

Many will likely understand my reasons for avoiding the tea cups and I appreciate that. However, this next statement will likely find less support. I've only ridden Autopia once. Once! The long lines never seemed worth it to me.

Anyone have a ride or rides that they've never ridden or that ridden only a few times?

Rob

California Screamin'
Silly Symphony Swings - because it looks like you're going to fly out of the seat
It's Tough To Be A Bug - ok, not a ride. But our family really hated the 4D experience
Golden Zephyr - never been on it!
Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death

I have never ridden Toy Story Mania. It is always closed down or the line is too long when I am there. I will try it when the fast pass is set up for it and will probably ride solo because nobody that goes to the park with me ever wants to ride it.

I only rode Screamin once. When it got to the upside down part, it felt like my brain was slamming against the top of my skull. I have no desire to ride that ever again.

I still haven't done Luigi's Rollickin Roadsters. I went to watch the ride 3 times to see if I would like to try it and it closed down to mechanical errors each time. I have never seen that ride in operation.

I think the only ride I have ridden in Bug's land is the Chew Chew Train, which I love.

Just realized you asked about DL and I those were all DCA ...

In DL, I cannot think of any ride I've not ridden at all or only rode once. I don't like Nemo's Submarine, but recently tried it again and found I really don't like it. I've only done the newest version of Autopia twice and didn't like it. I don't like most tomorrow land rides. Star Tours gave me motion sickness both times I tried it and the feeling stayed with me the rest of the day.

Oh! I only rode Astro Orbitor once and didn't like it and can't imagine ever riding it again. Hmm. I think the only ride I like in Tomorrowland is Buzz Blasters.

I've never ridden Goofy's Sky School. I've heard it's full of sharp turns and kills backs. Not my cup of tea.

Although I've been on Autotopia several times it is because the kiddos wanted to do it when they were younger. I would not chose to go on it for myself.

In DL I have never ridden the canoes or Gadgets Go Coaster, have never done the castle walk thru. In California Adventure there are many rides I have never been on, swings, fun wheel, jellyfish, Goofy's Sky School, zephyr. Two that I have never been on and really want to ride next trip are the Grizley River Run and the Toy Story Midway Mania!

Midnightred

Every time I went to Disneyland the Matterhorn was always closed for refurbishment! It was finally open when I went two years ago. I was so excited to ride it, and I hated it haha! After all that time!!

Only once... Teacups because they make me sick. Also Autopia and I only did it a couple summers ago. I don't know why I just never make it over there.

At DCA I've never been on Goofy's Flight School but I plan to on my solo trip in April.

ive never done the tea cups.. throwing up at disney doesnt sound fun !
ive also never done the golden zypher, canoes, gadgets go coaster, or the treehouse thing

in CA ive done everything BUT mickeys fun wheel ! no thank you !!

A couple months ago I thought I had finally completed all the rides at Disneyland, because I was with a friend and her two kids who wanted to do all the bugs land rides. So finally checked those all off. A couple days later I realized I've never ridden Autopia! I'll have to rectify that on a visit soon.

There are no rides I won't do or don't like due to motion.

The Finding Nemo submarines. Lineup is always long and none of use were that impressed when we rode it way back.

Matterhorn once..closed all other times.
BTM once, closed all other times.
Screaming twice.. never again
Goofys coaster .. once.. NEVER AGAIN. too tall and it killed my back.
heimlich chew chew train.. lord love a duck..

Never done the hot air balloon ride in bugs land.. cant remember the name.

Done all other rides.. multiple times.. and will again soon pixiedust:

Not a coaster fan so I have never attempted California Screamin' or Goofy's Sky School.

I am embarrassed to admit that I have never seen the Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room. *runs for cover*

Once I started thinking about it, there were more rides than I thought on the "one or never" list.

I've never ridden Golden Zephyr, Silly Symphony Swings, Jumpin' Jelly Fish, Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters, and everything in Bug's Life Land.

In the "ridden it once" category is Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Grizzly River Run, and the new Star Tours.

Not a coaster fan so I have never attempted California Screamin' or Goofy's Sky School.

I am embarrassed to admit that I have never seen the Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room. *runs for cover*

Diszona I have only been in the Tiki Room 2 or 3 times and the last time was because the friends I was with really wanted to. I just don't get the appeal of it at all. The best part is the air conditioning but I can get that other places. lol

Disneyland
Only ridden the canoes once
Now there are attractions I no longer go on including Dumbo, Teacups, Astro Orbitor, Carousel basically anything that goes in circles.

DCA
Tritions Carousel
Golden Zypher
Silly Symphony Swings
Flik's Flyers
Frances Lady Bug Boogie

NEVER AGAIN on the AstroOrbiter!!! and don't care for the carousels! will not try the Swings in DCA....no thank you! Though.....scoffed at Goofy's Sky School numerous times but was "forced" to go on it with young DGS and it was.....fun! not at all as bad as I thought it would be! But, Screamin' is a whole 'nother story!

:sad2: :oops:

Only been to DLR twice and both times with a young child so I've done all the rides she is allowed on. Neither hubby and I are roller coaster fans and he hates heights so we've hardly done anything on Paradise Pier. I did the Golden Zephyr and Goofy's Sky School but that was about it I think. Would never ever ever do Cali Screaming.

Haven't done Autopia either - it was either closed or the line was too long and it doesn't really appeal. We did the submarines at park close and I was so tired I fell asleep in there sommissed most of it! I won't do Star Tours because it makes me motion sick (have done it once or twice at DLP), but it's hubby's fave so I'll do Space which he won't do. Also neither of us will do ToT!

Goofy Sky School. Only because I get dizzy by just looking at it and I know I will get sick :(

Mattahorn- I have only been to DL twice. I rode it once in the 90s and then when I returned to Disneyland in 2015 it was closed for refurb.

I have hit every ride at both parks. And got the shirt to prove it :)

However, I've only done the canoes once. I enjoyed them very much, but they were down on the following trip. Then there was that whole blasted Star Wars Land construction...

Now, as for "one and done" rides... Roger Rabbit. The houses in Toon Town (other than Minnie and Mickey).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter