"Diva" Trip - "Cliff Notes" p.236 OLD THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you have a Kindle or Nook or other e-reader? I'm looking into buying one but I really know nothing about them so i don't know which would be better.

I have a kindle and I LOVE it! I just wish I hadn't forgotten it in Wisconsin! I am thinking of just buying a new one since my parents don't seem to be sending it this way!

What I would do is price out books you would be interested in and see if there are the same or if one of them offers cheaper books. I know the ibooks that you can get to read on the iPhone tend to be more expensive than the kindle but I've never looked at the nook. I know you can see the kindle at Target and the nook at Barnes & noble so you might want to see which one feels better in your hands and feels better on your eyes.

Who is going in June?

Kelly? Can you PM your phone # so I can text you to get together?

Anyone else going to be there June 11- 16 and want to get together?

Had 4 hours off work today to give blood then went and bought a tree for the back yard as well as a bunch of veggie starts that I later planted in my new garden. Good day and it was beautiful out! I hope everyone is doing well!

SarahMay

Good morning, ladies! TGIF!!! :banana:

So, who here is planning to go see POTC today? pirate: I loves me some Capt. Jack!! :love:

captain.jpg

For anyone who goes, make sure to come back and give us your thoughts. I'm curious to hear if it's any good. popcorn::

I usually take Laila to Kids Space museum in Pasadena.
I remember going there when I was younger! Wow, that was a long time ago. lol

Had 4 hours off work today to give blood then went and bought a tree for the back yard as well as a bunch of veggie starts that I later planted in my new garden. Good day and it was beautiful out! I hope everyone is doing well!

SarahMay
Good for you for donating blood. Did you feel woozy afterward?

Beth I am anxious to hear as well about Pirates!!

Shane's bday is next Sunday and that is what he wanted to do so we are going then. Can't wait to hear how it is!! We NEVER go to the movies anymore but for THAT one we will go. That and I told the girls to celebrate school getting out we would go to a movie so we are going to go see Super 8 on the Saturday after school get's out. We would normally go that Friday night but we are going to see Mary Poppins. (mom is taking me for "my" birthday LOL) but we usually go and do something to celebrate school getting out and I am DYING to see that one. Lately we have just been waiting for stuff to come out on video but that one looks REALLY good and like one that would be good to see on the big screen!! :) So I am excited for those two!!

Sarah I know Vicki has one and I haven't seen her on this thread in awhile so you might want to ask her on FB. Good luck :)

I don't have Facebook but I'vebeen doing research online.

I have a kindle and I LOVE it! I just wish I hadn't forgotten it in Wisconsin! I am thinking of just buying a new one since my parents don't seem to be sending it this way!

What I would do is price out books you would be interested in and see if there are the same or if one of them offers cheaper books. I know the ibooks that you can get to read on the iPhone tend to be more expensive than the kindle but I've never looked at the nook. I know you can see the kindle at Target and the nook at Barnes & noble so you might want to see which one feels better in your hands and feels better on your eyes.

With the Kindle can you rent/download book from the library? I've read that you can on the Nook but not the Kindle and that would be a big deciding factor for me. I never buy books so I don't want to have to spend a lot of money to download them.

So, who here is planning to go see POTC today? pirate: I loves me some Capt. Jack!! :love:

captain.jpg

For anyone who goes, make sure to come back and give us your thoughts. I'm curious to hear if it's any good. popcorn::

I think we're going tonight.

I don't have Facebook but I'vebeen doing research online.

With the Kindle can you rent/download book from the library? I've read that you can on the Nook but not the Kindle and that would be a big deciding factor for me. I never buy books so I don't want to have to spend a lot of money to download them.

I think we're going tonight.

I actually haven't had my kindle in my hands since October so I'm not sure what may have changed but I was not able to do library books before however I found this article http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/20/kindle-library-lending-will-let-you-take-books-out-on-your-e-rea/ that makes it sound like the option is coming.

Sarah--I have a Kindle and I love it! I don't know if you can download from the library. There are lots of "free" books on Amazon or very inexpensively. Or you can do what I do--put all my excess change in a jar and then periodically go to the coinstar machine and trade them in for Amazon cards--the don't take any fee and last week I took a quart size baggie of change--not full--and it was over $50! I use that to buy my ebooks.

Do any of you have a Kindle or Nook or other e-reader? I'm looking into buying one but I really know nothing about them so i don't know which would be better.

I have a nook and a kindle. Funny story- bought the nook then won the kindle a month later. I prefer the kindle for these reasons- It is much more compact, can download games, planning software, calendars, etc as well as books, magazines, & reading material and it's easier for me to navigate through it's menus with the keyboard and 5 way (vs the nook touch screen).

The nice thing about the nook is that B&N offers all kinds of deals if you walk into the store with your nook (electronic coupons, discounted books etc).

I love both of them, but everyone in the house fights over the kindle because it's more than just a reading device.

I bought Dave a Kindle for Valentine's Day and he absolutely adores it. It goes everywhere with him and as Andrea said, he reads magazines as well as books on it.

One of my colleagues got a Nook for her birthday and returned it within a week as she just didn't like it. But, you are right about it being the only one that you can get books from the library at right now.

I actually haven't had my kindle in my hands since October so I'm not sure what may have changed but I was not able to do library books before however I found this article http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/20/kindle-library-lending-will-let-you-take-books-out-on-your-e-rea/ that makes it sound like the option is coming.

Sarah--I have a Kindle and I love it! I don't know if you can download from the library. There are lots of "free" books on Amazon or very inexpensively. Or you can do what I do--put all my excess change in a jar and then periodically go to the coinstar machine and trade them in for Amazon cards--the don't take any fee and last week I took a quart size baggie of change--not full--and it was over $50! I use that to buy my ebooks.

I have a nook and a kindle. Funny story- bought the nook then won the kindle a month later. I prefer the kindle for these reasons- It is much more compact, can download games, planning software, calendars, etc as well as books, magazines, & reading material and it's easier for me to navigate through it's menus with the keyboard and 5 way (vs the nook touch screen).

The nice thing about the nook is that B&N offers all kinds of deals if you walk into the store with your nook (electronic coupons, discounted books etc).

I love both of them, but everyone in the house fights over the kindle because it's more than just a reading device.

I bought Dave a Kindle for Valentine's Day and he absolutely adores it. It goes everywhere with him and as Andrea said, he reads magazines as well as books on it.

One of my colleagues got a Nook for her birthday and returned it within a week as she just didn't like it. But, you are right about it being the only one that you can get books from the library at right now.

Well I thought I was all set on a Nook after my researching this morning but now after all of your like for the Kindle I'm not sure again. :rotfl:

I'm going out tonight to actually look at them both and hold them in my hands and see which one I like better.

Who is going in June?

Kelly? Can you PM your phone # so I can text you to get together?

Anyone else going to be there June 11- 16 and want to get together?

I'm planning a day in June, the 5th or the 12th.. My pass expires June 25 and I want to use it one more time. I got my postcard renewal notice and it tells me my new pass will expire 12 months from the original anniversary date.Is that how it works? I wasn't going to renew it until Sept. because I don't go during the summer.
My laptop needs a new part because the back light went out. I'm using one my son is working on but it will go back to it's owner in a couple days. If I go on the 12th I'll have Sarah post it here. She can get my email to anyone that wants to meet up.. I'm going to be lost without my laptop for the next 2-3 weeks. The part is coming from China.

I just wanted to say Happy Friday to you all.

I have been really busy with the end of the school year, end of the scouting year and the upcoming walk, which is tomorrow! This is the first walk that I have been involved in organizing and I am really excited with the success that we have had. It is is just amazing to see people pulling together for the sake of kids. Truly rewarding. And thank you to my Diva friends who have supported my efforts. And Jill, THANK You! In the midst of your own efforts. Truly appreciated your thoughts. Good luck to you tomorrow. I will think of you as I sip a glass of red wine tomorrow night, knowing you are probably as equally tired, but grateful!

Ok, the sun is shining here, and that is a rare event so I am going to go sit in it!

Have a great weekend! Tracey

Well I thought I was all set on a Nook after my researching this morning but now after all of your like for the Kindle I'm not sure again. :rotfl:

I'm going out tonight to actually look at them both and hold them in my hands and see which one I like better.

wanted to add- I have downloaded books from the library on my nook but it took me some serious effort. the nook also has the ability to download magazines, periodicals etc just like the Kindle. I just think the kindle is easier to use. My kids all fight over it too because they like how easy it is to navigate. I still love my nook. just not as much as the kindle lol.

I'm planning a day in June, the 5th or the 12th.. My pass expires June 25 and I want to use it one more time. I got my postcard renewal notice and it tells me my new pass will expire 12 months from the original anniversary date.Is that how it works? I wasn't going to renew it until Sept. because I don't go during the summer.
My laptop needs a new part because the back light went out. I'm using one my son is working on but it will go back to it's owner in a couple days. If I go on the 12th I'll have Sarah post it here. She can get my email to anyone that wants to meet up.. I'm going to be lost without my laptop for the next 2-3 weeks. The part is coming from China.

If you wait til September to renew they will use your June expiration date still. I believe your pass has to be expired 6 months before they backdate it like that:headache:

Vintage, This is what happened to me: I had an annual pass that I let expire knowing I would not go back to DL for a while. I ended up going back to Dl 5 to 6 months after the annual pass expired and since I knew I had another trip within 6 months of the second annual pass purchase I happily bought another annual pass. I never said anything about renewing the prior pass but low and behold the cast member wanted to treat the second purchase as a renewal. I think not. I said that renewing was not part of my plan -- that this was a completely new transaction. She was not a happy camper but at the end of the day I got the new pass with expire date one year form this purchase date. That was the only time that ever happened but looks like maybe Disney is going to try doing that again.

Just be very frank in Sept and say no. I do not think all Cast members try doing. Good luck

Patty

Another kindle user here and I love it!! Took me a long time to convince myself I would be okay not holding a book in my hand - now, I don't know what took me so long! And yes, sometime this fall younwill be able to "borrow" from the public library. Currently you lend a kindle book to a friend - they have 14 days ro read it

captain.jpg

Nope, not woozy, but hadn't been eating light and I know when I am eating less food I often feel woozy.

I just wanted to say Happy Friday to you all.

I have been really busy with the end of the school year, end of the scouting year and the upcoming walk, which is tomorrow! This is the first walk that I have been involved in organizing and I am really excited with the success that we have had. It is is just amazing to see people pulling together for the sake of kids. Truly rewarding. And thank you to my Diva friends who have supported my efforts. And Jill, THANK You! In the midst of your own efforts. Truly appreciated your thoughts. Good luck to you tomorrow. I will think of you as I sip a glass of red wine tomorrow night, knowing you are probably as equally tired, but grateful!

Ok, the sun is shining here, and that is a rare event so I am going to go sit in it!

Have a great weekend! Tracey

Amazing couple of days we have had lately, huh Tracey! I have been loving it!

Well, I finally watched Tangled tonight...great movie!popcorn:: Tomorrow I am taking Ryder to see Mary Poppins and then I am hosting my friends bridal shower on Sunday so it should be a great weekend! I hope you are all happy and healthy and having fun!

Oh, and to those of you doing MA at WDW in November....I am going to be there! My cruise is Nov. 6-10 and I will be in WDW Nov 10-16! I can't wait to see the divas in action!

SarahMay

Hope your service time is over for now. But you know the rule of averages -- you are going to get summoned again :)---so get ready :).

I get called every 2 years like clockwork. This is the first time I've been put on a jury though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter