Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at POP for the first 4 nights of our March trip before moving to the WL
This will be our second stay we really like POP. We stayed over a busy Memorial Day with Pandora opening. Every staff member we encountered was so friendly and helpful. Buses were great can’t wait too see the refurbished rooms in person.

Have all rooms been renovated? I got an email about possible construction while I'm there 2/9-2/14 but that's just the gondola stuff correct? Hoping main pool will be open. And the pool bar:)

Have all rooms been renovated? I got an email about possible construction while I'm there 2/9-2/14 but that's just the gondola stuff correct? Hoping main pool will be open. And the pool bar:)
Yes, all rooms are completed. The current construction is just the gondola. The Hippy Dippy pool and Petals pool bar will be closed for refurb winter 2020.

All room renovations were completed by August 2018.

Yes, it would be the gondola construction but I've been there a few times and not encountered any noise from the construction. I could see the construction but no noise at the resort. I believe most construction that was noisy has probably been completed by now.

Yes, all rooms are completed. The current construction is just the gondola. The Hippy Dippy pool and Petals pool bar will be closed for refurb winter 2020.
Any idea how long the pool will be closed once construction starts? Not sure if there's much to base that info on, maybe other resorts who have gone through the same type of refurb?

I have a standard view room booked for February. I’d like a high floor and to be as close to the lobby as possible. Which building would you all suggest I request?

I have a standard view room booked for February. I’d like a high floor and to be as close to the lobby as possible. Which building would you all suggest I request?

One of our favorite requests is 50's, high floor, lake view. Next being 60's and the other 2 the same. Both very quiet, beautiful views of the lake and really close to the lobby.

This is kind of a crazy request, but I figure we all have our own brand of crazy, hah! I was looking at the Pop breakfast menus on allears.net and see that there is a 'Create your own yogurt parfait' item that counts as a Snack on the DDP. Can anyone confirm that is true? Pictures would be awesome, if possible!

TIA!!!
Chelle

This is kind of a crazy request, but I figure we all have our own brand of crazy, hah! I was looking at the Pop breakfast menus on allears.net and see that there is a 'Create your own yogurt parfait' item that counts as a Snack on the DDP. Can anyone confirm that is true? Pictures would be awesome, if possible!

TIA!!!
Chelle

I would check the below thread out. @RaySharpton did a fantastic job with it. Not sure if what you're looking for is in there, but this would be the best place to look.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...s-drinks-and-shopping-photos-12-2018.3724792/

Here's another question I just thought of..... are the soda islands accessible if Everything Pop is closed at night? Does anyone know what time Everything Pop and/or the soda machines are closed/turned off at night?

Thank you!
Chelle

Hi, chelleb1974. The Everything Pop store and food court close and open promptly with no access when closed. I don't know if they are turned off machine wise, but the area is locked up tight until the next day.

I did use one of the coke/soda machines one night near the elevators. Some use coin or bills and some use credit cards and some use both and some don't work at all. I was surprised that the cost was less out of the machine near my room than the same bottle in The Pop Everything refrigerated section.

If I am really hungry when getting back from the parks after The Pop Everything is closed, I try and buy something and put it in the room fridge before I go anywhere that day.

I also bring Zip-Lock plastic bags for food I may put in the fridge.

The washing machines are open 24-hours and that is when I realized that I couldn't access The Everything Pop early one morning when I couldn't sleep. Too much sugar at the parks...ha...ha...ha!

Here's another question I just thought of..... are the soda islands accessible if Everything Pop is closed at night? Does anyone know what time Everything Pop and/or the soda machines are closed/turned off at night?

Thank you!
Chelle

TIA!!!
Chelle

I didn't see that either this past trip in December 2019. They did have pre-made cups in The Everything Pop refrigerated sections along with store-bought yogurt.

Hi, chelleb1974. The Everything Pop store and food court close and open promptly with no access when closed. I don't know if they are turned off machine wise, but the area is locked up tight until the next day.

I did use one of the coke/soda machines one night near the elevators. Some use coin or bills and some use credit cards and some use both and some don't work at all. I was surprised that the cost was less out of the machine near my room than the same bottle in The Pop Everything refrigerated section.

If I am really hungry when getting back from the parks after The Pop Everything is closed, I try and buy something and put it in the room fridge before I go anywhere that day.

I also bring Zip-Lock plastic bags for food I may put in the fridge.

The washing machines are open 24-hours and that is when I realized that I couldn't access The Everything Pop early one morning when I couldn't sleep. Too much sugar at the parks...ha...ha...ha!
Thank you so much Ray! You're posts are a huge help! We like to fill out mugs on our way back to the room, but it's not a huge deal, I was just curious.

We also bring zip lock bags and plastic containers for desserts, etc... during the day so they don't get destroyed in the back pack, hah!
~Chelle

I didn't see that either this past trip in December 2019. They did have pre-made cups in The Everything Pop refrigerated sections along with store-bought yogurt.
Thanks again! I was surprised to see it listed (allears said it was from Oct 2018). Again, not a big deal but I love yogurt and thought it would be great to use a snack for breakfast if I could.

~Chelle

Does anyone know what time Everything Pop and/or the soda machines are closed/turned off at night?

Midnight(No more Guests allowed to enter the Food Court after Midnight).:)

Conversely,over at the All-Star Resort,all 3 Resorts(Sports/Music/Movies)have 24/7 access to their Beverage Islands.:)

The All-Stars Food Courts and Merchandise Shops are in separate locations while the Pop Century Food Court and Merchandise Shop are connected with no "barriers" between them,so if they were to provide POP Guests 24/7 Beverage Island access they would have to station someone in the Merchandise location to keep Guests out of there and evidently they think that would be too labor intensive.:)

Thanks again! I was surprised to see it listed (allears said it was from Oct 2018). Again, not a big deal but I love yogurt and thought it would be great to use a snack for breakfast if I could.

~Chelle

I remember when they offered what you described and I miss it. Their salad is a great option because you can add as much as you want. They don't weigh the salad. Just tell which items and how much you need and dressing. They dump it from the plastic container into a metal bowl and mix it. Then they put it back into the plastic container. They were huge. I usually put the rest in my room for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter