Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah We were planning on doing online checkin. How early should we do online checkin? Can you make a room or building request?

Yeah We were planning on doing online checkin. How early should we do online checkin? Can you make a room or building request?
You can do online check in when you make the reservation. You can only request a decade online but if you call you could request a specific building

Oh no! I think the Skyliner will float silently, beautifully along. What I anticipate is those rooms becoming much more desirable and changing categories as they will now be closer to transportation than they currently are to the buses.

I agree. I think all of the 60's rooms will change to preferred (or some other new category) once Skyliner is fully operational. Those rooms (like the Nemo suites at AoA) will be prime locations -- close to both forms of transportation; close to the main buildings; and many of the rooms have a lake view. Back in the early days of Pop Century, all of the 60's were "preferred". We were there in 2004 and received a "pixie dust" upgrade to a preferred location and we were in a 60's lake view room. When we went back to Pop in 2009, those rooms were no long preferred. Not sure when they changed.

I will be there in 38 days and am wondering if the refillable mug design is the same and if they are still $17.99 for length of stay. I'm paying oop for mine.

Would you be able to let’s say, stop at Carribean beach from Pop? Or would the gondolas continue straight to the parks. Just wondering how much stop and go these things will be doing.
You can get on or off at any of the 5 Skyliner Stations.:)

Super excited to get to Pop tomorrow :) I just have a question about charging things to the room. I have a few Disney gift cards with all of our "fun money" on them but I don't want to carry them into the parks, since they have a lot of money on them.
My plan was to charge using my MB/card on file and then use the gift card to pay off the balance at the front desk. Does this work? Will I have to do this every day, or every couple of days? We'll be there for an entire week. Thanks!!

Super excited to get to Pop tomorrow :) I just have a question about charging things to the room. I have a few Disney gift cards with all of our "fun money" on them but I don't want to carry them into the parks, since they have a lot of money on them.
My plan was to charge using my MB/card on file and then use the gift card to pay off the balance at the front desk. Does this work? Will I have to do this every day, or every couple of days? We'll be there for an entire week. Thanks!!
Works great. Just stop by when it's convenient.

Yes, you can do this. We leave our gift cards locked in the safe in our room and charge everything to our MagicBands.

The only addition to @garris3404 comment is that now Pop will charge any outstanding balances to your cc on day 5 and every 5 days after that until checkout so you will want to go to Guest Services prior to the 5th day of your stay in order to avoid the charges going to your cc.

Thinking of asking for building 9 in the 80s building with a middle room number. I'm assuming top floor is best for noise? Also, the parking lots are marked for the different years, but if I'm in an 80s building, can I still park in the 90s lot? That would be significantly closer than the 80s lot. We are driving so being close to the car would be nice as we plan on driving to a couple of parks and the water park.

Also, since we are driving I am planning on getting to the hotel at around 1 pm depending on traffic. What are the chances our room would be ready that much in advance of checkin? And would coming in that early help with the request for a specific room?

Thank you for all the help guys :)
You can park wherever you prefer. :)

Just got back on Wednesday from another fantastic trip to Pop! Second time since renovation, and still love it just as much! I requested upper floor, lake view. We got in late last Saturday night and I had not received a room-ready text, so swung by the front desk and had an amazing CM, Mallory, help me out. We were given room 6454....upper floor, 70's, overlooking the lake/AOA. It was perfect!

Bus service was great. We used a Minnie Van one day and I will highly recommend that service (we were going to Trails End for breakfast...via bus to MK/boat to FW, like we always do). The line for the bus for MK stretched alllllllll the way back to the main doors at Pop. At least 3 bendy busses worth. Got a Minnie Van - he was there in about 11 minutes. It was a perfect drive, and he was a great driver.

Ate at Everything Pop! quite a few times, and held down a few seats at Petals for a.....long chunk of time. The bartenders are always enjoyable. We got to spend the afternoons with Gordo, Bobby, Fallon, and Wendy. Missed James this time.

Spent all day Monday at Epcot for the last day of the Arts Festival (first time there and it, hands down, beats Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, or Holidays... we loved everything about it!), the came back to Pop and sat in the massage chairs in the arcade while the kids played. $5 for 12 minutes? Sign me up. Twice!

We got back to a gold sachet filled with Ghiradelli squares and a note from the General Manager welcoming us back and asking for feedback on our stay. Last June I had to contact him due to housekeeping issues. It was a nice touch!

Can't say enough good things about Pop - continues to blow me away!!

One of the first posts in this thread mentions a retractable clothes line in the bathroom. Are these still in place?

I find things dry better if I take some clothes pins so that items are not folded on the clothes line. FL can be very humid so it takes things a bit longer to dry. Clothes pins are now part of our regular Disney packing.
I don’t hang dry any of my swim suits because it stretches them out. I always lay them on a towel or on the toilet seat cover

The line for the bus for MK stretched alllllllll the way back to the main doors at Pop. At least 3 bendy busses worth.

That's bad. That happened often to our last trip in September 2018 as well. I don't understand why that's happening, it never used to happen in the past except for rare occasions. We also took the Minnievan to MK and paid $45 for it. Before the Minnievan's price change, we couldn't get it during the morning rush at all. The Minnievan driver was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter