Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys.. I wanted to share with you my feedback on POP CENTURY. We just got back a week ago and here are my thoughts.

We are a party of 4.
1 child 3 years old and our 1.4 years old.

We had two umbrella strollers, and 3 luggage + we had to request a crib.
The room overall is clean and tidy. - WE DID - like the room but it is just tooo small.
We even had trouble walking around. It was a challenge to walk around at nights to take our 3 year old to the bathroom.

I think the way the rooms are now at this resort its fits better for a family of 4 WITHOUT strollers and/or crib. But besides that, there is still very little room for your
luggage.

I liked the OLD All-star movies layout better IMO.

just my two cents.

Hello guys.. I wanted to share with you my feedback on POP CENTURY. We just got back a week ago and here are my thoughts.

We are a party of 4.

The room overall is clean and tidy. - WE DID - like the room but it is just tooo small.
We even had trouble walking around. It was a challenge to walk around at nights to take our 3 year old to the bathroom.

I think the way the rooms are now at this resort its fits better for a family of 4 WITHOUT strollers and/or crib. But besides that, there is still very little room for your
luggage.

just my two cents.
Were you aware that there is now room under the permanent bed to store your luggage and even your strollers? I can imagine it would be very crowded with a crib, 2 strollers plus 3 pieces of luggage! Hope you find a resort for future trips that better suits your family. Thanks for sharing your experience.

yes we were aware.. but the luggage did not fit... pluse we usually had things on the strollers so folding them every night was not so convenient.

Curious why the luggage didn't fit? To help give others an idea of the bed. I had mine large 30" suitcase under the bed without issue. Was yours too big or was there too much?

We are a party of 4.

luggage.

just my two cents.
Yes, I could see how that would be very tight. We just had the two of us (me and DS8) and when both beds were down it left little space left. I can only imagine the stroller and crib. :scared:

Next time you could look into staying at a moderate, if the budget allows. There is more square footage. Return to Pop when the kids are a bit older and no longer need strollers, cribs, and assistance to the bathroom in the middle of the night. That's really too bad that it doesn't work for young families, though. :sad2:

I'm just thinking out loud here and no real answers available yet.

'Skyliner' is now a Resort Characteristic that can be selected on the Disney website.
upload_2019-2-28_11-7-3.png

When 'Skyliner' is selected, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach and Disney's Riviera Resort are displayed.
upload_2019-2-28_11-8-45.png

I can't help but think we will see a change in the room categories at Pop or at least, where certain room category types are located at Pop. Time will tell but I'm fairly confident that 'my' quiet, '60's Lakeview Standard Room' won't be standard for much longer. :guilty:

'Skyliner' is now a Resort Characteristic that can be selected on the Disney website.
View attachment 385506

When 'Skyliner' is selected, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach and Disney's Riviera Resort are displayed.
View attachment 385507

I can't help but think we will see a change in the room categories at Pop or at least, where certain room category types are located at Pop. Time will tell but I'm fairly confident that 'my' quiet, '60's Lakeview Standard Room' won't be standard for much longer. :guilty:
I'm thinking the same but hoping it doesn't change. Those are my absolute favorite rooms to stay in. If they change the category for them I don't even know what I'd request instead. We've stayed in bldg 9 once, 60's lake view 3 times and bldg 3 once. Bldg 3 was ok but we had a car that trip.

I'm thinking the same but hoping it doesn't change. Those are my absolute favorite rooms to stay in. If they change the category for them I don't even know what I'd request instead. We've stayed in bldg 9 once, 60's lake view 3 times and bldg 3 once. Bldg 3 was ok but we had a car that trip.
Our last 2 trips we stayed in buildings 6 and 10 and really liked both of those locations. I can't imagine those would change and we'd be very happy to stay in those locations again for sure!

View attachment 385506

View attachment 385507

I too love those quiet lake-side rooms. Hope they stay classified as standard, and that Pop Century stays as 'value' resort.

View attachment 385506

View attachment 385507

Do you think the skyliner will make those lake view rooms not so quiet anymore?

Oh no! I think the Skyliner will float silently, beautifully along. What I anticipate is those rooms becoming much more desirable and changing categories as they will now be closer to transportation than they currently are to the buses.
I wasn’t sure if people getting on and off would make things louder but probably not. It’s like a bus stop and I haven’t heard anyone complain about noise from those lol

Would you be able to let’s say, stop at Carribean beach from Pop? Or would the gondolas continue straight to the parks. Just wondering how much stop and go these things will be doing.

I wasn’t sure if people getting on and off would make things louder but probably not. It’s like a bus stop and I haven’t heard anyone complain about noise from those lol
I don't foresee there being a noise issue for the skyliner dock. It's in the center of the bridge, so it's not like large groups of people are gathering and lining up on the walkways adjacent to the lake view rooms. I'm sure the foot traffic in that area will increase significantly but it'll be people going to and from the skyliner, not just hanging out kwim?

Would you be able to let’s say, stop at Carribean beach from Pop? Or would the gondolas continue straight to the parks. Just wondering how much stop and go these things will be doing.

From Pop you'll have to get off at CBR and transfer to get to either park. There's one line from Pop to CBR, one line from CBR through Riviera to Epcot, and one line from DHS to CBR.

Thinking of asking for building 9 in the 80s building with a middle room number. I'm assuming top floor is best for noise? Also, the parking lots are marked for the different years, but if I'm in an 80s building, can I still park in the 90s lot? That would be significantly closer than the 80s lot. We are driving so being close to the car would be nice as we plan on driving to a couple of parks and the water park.

Also, since we are driving I am planning on getting to the hotel at around 1 pm depending on traffic. What are the chances our room would be ready that much in advance of checkin? And would coming in that early help with the request for a specific room?

Thank you for all the help guys :)

Thinking of asking for building 9 in the 80s building with a middle room number. I'm assuming top floor is best for noise? Also, the parking lots are marked for the different years, but if I'm in an 80s building, can I still park in the 90s lot? That would be significantly closer than the 80s lot. We are driving so being close to the car would be nice as we plan on driving to a couple of parks and the water park.

Also, since we are driving I am planning on getting to the hotel at around 1 pm depending on traffic. What are the chances our room would be ready that much in advance of checkin? And would coming in that early help with the request for a specific room?

We always pick top floor and feel like it helps some with noise but our last trip at pop we had TERRIBLE neighbors next door so being on the top floor didn’t help a whole lot. I can’t answer the parking question because we never have a car.

We’ve gotten a room as early as 10 am. Make sure you call or do online check in and request early check in. It’s only a request so make sure you have back up plans if they can’t get you a room right away. Checking in early won’t change anything about your request (give you better chances). They assign rooms about 3 days out. When we ask for early check in we make that our only request

You can park wherever's closest to your room.
I like top floor for less noise, but we were ground floor last trip and had no noise issues.
We've had our room ready by 9 or 10 am before, but there's no guarantee. It does give you a better chance to get a different room if you don't like where they've put you (we called just after 10am last trip because they stuck us in the 90s, which is my absolute least favorite building, and got a room in building 6 instead).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter