Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far along are the room refurbishments? Does anyone know the timeline on when they are expected to be finished. Sorry if this has already been answered.

We're considering booking a late April/early May trip and I understand there are several cheerleading competitions during that time. I've seen several posts and photos showing the cheerleader takeover at the All-Star resorts. Do the cheer groups also dominate Pop or is it not that bad? We spend most of our time in the parks so I'm mostly concerned with late evening noise and the impact on bus transportation. Thanks so much for your help!

We're considering booking a late April/early May trip and I understand there are several cheerleading competitions during that time. I've seen several posts and photos showing the cheerleader takeover at the All-Star resorts. Do the cheer groups also dominate Pop or is it not that bad? We spend most of our time in the parks so I'm mostly concerned with late evening noise and the impact on bus transportation. Thanks so much for your help!

My DH and I were down there during this time frame this year. There were dance teams on our flights coming and going. They did not take over Pop, but did take over CSR. There were a few Moms with their daughters, but I'd say more teens from class trips or music groups. The transportation wasn't affected, but the food court was packed in the morning. Not the seating, but ordering and paying. I'm currently debating booking another trip during this time period, as well. Pools weren't packed and I didn't notice noise. The Pop staff contained the teens to certain buildings.

I've stayed at Pop during the cheer and dance competitions twice. The only time we noticed them at Pop was at breakfast because they all waited until the last minute to eat before they were supposed to leave and a bunch of them were trying to cut lines.

We saw them all the time at Epcot, but other than that we didn't notice them at all. Definitely no noise at night (I'm not sure where they stayed, though) and we didn't notice them clogging up the buses either. It seemed like the older kids hung out in small groups together, while the younger ones also had their families come with them so they were mostly split up when they weren't at the competition.

Are there standard rooms in the 60's section?

Yes, there are many standard rooms in the 60's section. Normally that is my favourite location to request - 60's lake view. This year I'm hoping for a renovated room so requesting 80's section but I'll be back to requesting the 60's in 2018.

Over the phone is easiest I think. I like calling though so it's never a hassle for me. But they can definitely hook you up with 2 rooms on the same reservation number.

Yeah, I ended up calling, and spoke with the NICEST woman who seemed genuinely excited about my trip. When I gave her all our info (family coming from three different areas to take 2 year old to Disney!) she was so cute about how fun it would be. I love Disney!

We just came back from a 10 day stay at Pop. We got a refurbished room in building 9 and really enjoyed it. Not a bad walk to Classic Hall and we were able to cut across the parking lot for a quick walk to the bus stops. For the most part it was a great trip, never a bad wait for buses, the food court was good. We really only had one major complaint.

We decided not to opt out of housekeeping. We had two reservations which were linked and we got our requested connecting rooms, and both decided to keep housekeeping. My father's room got cleaned everyday. I only received housekeeping 5 out of 9 days and only 1 of those 5 days was the room cleaned without me having to track down a housekeeper or go to the front desk and complain. On all of the days I noticed both rooms around me were already cleaned, and I did not rush down first thing in the afternoon knowing the housekeepers may not be done. The housekeeper I spoke to one day who cleaning my father's room said that we should be on her list but was not and she called a manager who told her some one would be up but it never happened. Three separate days I went down to the front desk, we did get a credit and then had housekeeping two days in a row and then nothing. If we wanted to take care of our own garbage and beds we would have taken the gift card.

Sorry for venting. My main question is since I did speak to several cast members at Pop about this to no real avail, I would like to send an e-mail to maybe let some higher ups know what happened. I know at this point we are home and what happened is done but I would just like to bring the situation to someones attention. I believe I have seen an e-mail address listed before for complaints or comments, but I can't find it right now. Thanks in advance.

We just came back from a 10 day stay at Pop. We got a refurbished room in building 9 and really enjoyed it. Not a bad walk to Classic Hall and we were able to cut across the parking lot for a quick walk to the bus stops. For the most part it was a great trip, never a bad wait for buses, the food court was good. We really only had one major complaint.

We decided not to opt out of housekeeping. We had two reservations which were linked and we got our requested connecting rooms, and both decided to keep housekeeping. My father's room got cleaned everyday. I only received housekeeping 5 out of 9 days and only 1 of those 5 days was the room cleaned without me having to track down a housekeeper or go to the front desk and complain. On all of the days I noticed both rooms around me were already cleaned, and I did not rush down first thing in the afternoon knowing the housekeepers may not be done. The housekeeper I spoke to one day who cleaning my father's room said that we should be on her list but was not and she called a manager who told her some one would be up but it never happened. Three separate days I went down to the front desk, we did get a credit and then had housekeeping two days in a row and then nothing. If we wanted to take care of our own garbage and beds we would have taken the gift card.

Sorry for venting. My main question is since I did speak to several cast members at Pop about this to no real avail, I would like to send an e-mail to maybe let some higher ups know what happened. I know at this point we are home and what happened is done but I would just like to bring the situation to someones attention. I believe I have seen an e-mail address listed before for complaints or comments, but I can't find it right now. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry that happened to you! You'll want to email WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

Give them a few days to get back to you, but I've always been more than satisfied with any remedy they've come up with for my problems.

Good luck!

So you managed to get 90s and connecting rooms?! Did you just call to make your request for refurbished or fax or online check-in? I'm trying to do the same and I don't want to override my connecting rooms request but I would really like refurbed rooms as well.
Sorry about your housekeeping debacle, sounds like they definitely didn't iron out the opt out kinks.

Someone else experienced this same thing! This is from the other Pop thread (room refurbishment).

When we returned from the parks yesterday our room was cleaned but our sons was not. I called guest services and asked what had happened. They told me that we had signed up for the no clean deal on the 18th at 5:43 p.m. Which would have been a trick as we were still in Canada at that time. She blamed the misshap on a computer glitch and offered to send down fresh towels. I told her not to worry about it but please make sure the room was done the next day and going forward. I asked her, since we didn't get cleaned for the day, would we get the gift card for one day cleaning and she told me that while we were eligible for it since our days were in the offer, she was just going to apply a credit of $40 to the room. That was great customer service.

I'm back from the parks now and find that ds room is cleaned but ours is not. It might just be a bit early to worry, I'll give it an hour or so.

As to the rooms, we did not get a renovated room and I really didn't care but I now look around and notice how worn the rooms are. This one is not very clean either. There is someone's hair on the bath wall tile, found a bobby pin on the floor by the sink and one of the bath towels had a long hair on it, looks like it was just folded and hung back up. It's a really good thing I'm not to fussy and don't mind wiping things down myself.

Sounds like the housekeeping opt out is creating problems for people didn't want to opt out. I'm not really in favor of giving out gift cards to replace housekeeping in the first place, but if Disney is really going to consider it, they need to do some work to make sure this does not happen to guests. I'm sorry you both had this problem!

So you managed to get 90s and connecting rooms?! Did you just call to make your request for refurbished or fax or online check-in? I'm trying to do the same and I don't want to override my connecting rooms request but I would really like refurbed rooms as well.
Sorry about your housekeeping debacle, sounds like they definitely didn't iron out the opt out kinks.[/QUOTE]

@lindsayjs We were in building 9 in the 80s section, we had booked a Standard Pool View so we were by the computer pool. We made a connecting room request with our Travel Agent since that was the most important. When we did online check in we requested 80s section in hopes of getting a refurbished room. We also did the fax request through Touring Plans where again we requested refurbished room in the 80s but noted that connecting rooms was our #1 request. I got a little nervous that I had done the requests in too many ways, but we got lucky. Good luck with your requests.

We were in building 9 in the 80s section, we had booked a Standard Pool View so we were by the computer pool. We made a connecting room request with our Travel Agent since that was the most important. When we did online check in we requested 80s section in hopes of getting a refurbished room. We also did the fax request through Touring Plans where again we requested refurbished room in the 80s but noted that connecting rooms was our #1 request. I got a little nervous that I had done the requests in too many ways, but we got lucky

I will follow your lead and hopefully get the same result!

We are looking to go in Jan 2018 but we will have 4 adults in the room .....Do you think that if we use 2 air mattress on the floor would we still have room to move around in the middle of the night for those late night bathroom breaks? Thanks for your help.

We are looking to go in Jan 2018 but we will have 4 adults in the room .....Do you think that if we use 2 air mattress on the floor would we still have room to move around in the middle of the night for those late night bathroom breaks? Thanks for your help.

I would say no from what I have read, I don't think even a twin air mattress fits in the new rooms....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter