Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... Y'all have talked me into it. I changed my 8/18-26 stay to POP. Calling shortly to add two simple requests - lake view and 4th floor. Not going to be picky about buildings.

I am so there with you LOL I am also waiting for southwest to release dates *shakes the computer screen "come on people want to plan give me dates prices and fd dates pleasssee" :):snail: its like they all got together to go at a snails pace. :hourglass
I know I am waiting on JetBlue for the December dates, which I read come out this Sunday but there are like 7 other pieces to the puzzle I need to finalize plans. I booked a room package with Disney for the dates in December I think work but can always adjust.

Do we know what exactly they are doing to the rooms, just a general refurb/refreshing or ?
or this::)

image-jpeg.172366

Ok... Y'all have talked me into it. I changed my 8/18-26 stay to POP. Calling shortly to add two simple requests - lake view and 4th floor. Not going to be picky about buildings.

I believe it may be too early to call since you're not going until late August but you can add these requests to your online check-in when you do that.

Thanks, they seem to be like the AoA rooms now yes ? And how far along are they in the refurbs as I am there in Oct.

The AoA rooms with the Murphy beds are suite rooms with a separate bedroom. The Pop refurbishments appear to be changing the bed closest to the bathroom to a regular queen bed and replacing the double/full bed closest to the door with a Murphy style bed. Many other hard good changes are also being made.

Refurbishments started 3 1/2 weeks ago and I don't believe any pictures of completed rooms have been released yet. We're waiting with great excitement to see a completed refurbished room!

The kids didn't notice at draft from the vent overhead, as it was near the ceiling and blew outward. Also we were there in late August, so the room was cool but not cold. That could have made a difference, but not sure.

Forgot to mention this is a standard 75" x 39" twin.

I thought somewhere along the thread someone posted a link to a site dedicated to the construction, anyone have that link? It was where the list of actions/tasks came from, I cannot find it and oddly it isn't in my history (almost all Disney related lately :rolleyes1)

I thought somewhere along the thread someone posted a link to a site dedicated to the construction, anyone have that link? It was where the list of actions/tasks came from, I cannot find it and oddly it isn't in my history (almost all Disney related lately :rolleyes1)

Was it this? It's not a site dedicated to the construction, just a blog post on a Disney-related website, so it might not be what you're thinking of.

Was it this? It's not a site dedicated to the construction, just a blog post on a Disney-related website, so it might not be what you're thinking of.
You are good because that was exactly what I meant! Apparently I thought it was more reno driven, I just want info LOL

THANK YOU!

I'd be interested to see if refurbished rooms are available to guests shortly. I have to do my online check in and I'm currently holding out. I'm waiting to the last minute to choose 90's or lake view. My other option, upon arrival, is to go to the front desk and request a different room.

I'd be interested to see if refurbished rooms are available to guests shortly. I have to do my online check in and I'm currently holding out. I'm waiting to the last minute to choose 90's or lake view. My other option, upon arrival, is to go to the front desk and request a different room.
There is a report that POP won't put any refubs into Inventory until June!

I,personally,will be SHOCKED if that pans out.

Hi everyone! We checked into Pop last night and got exactly the room we wanted!! 60's, lake view, king bed. It's perfect and I doubt we'll stay at a category up for a looooong time with rooms like this!
Pop, and its buses, are just as great as I remembered.
I used the touring plans room finder to find a room that fit all the categories and then I used their fax room request feature to request that room specifically. Worked a treat!
The touring plans app has been pretty great while in the parks too. Highly recommend the subscription! Mousesavers has a code and it's only like 13-14$ then.

The kids didn't notice at draft from the vent overhead, as it was near the ceiling and blew outward. Also we were there in late August, so the room was cool but not cold. That could have made a difference, but not sure.

Forgot to mention this is a standard 75" x 39" twin.
Thank you!! This really helps the planner in me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter