Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying in June. Trying to get a feel for best room request for our family. I love the idea of the upper floor rooms with lake and possibly fireworks views, but leaning towards driving some or all days so it would be nice to be closer to parking lots. We plan to take midday breaks so my 1 year old (and possibly all of us) can nap. I thought it would be nice to be close to a pool to take our 6 year old during break times but sounds like close to pools can be noisy. I also thought it would be nice to be first floor because of the stroller but also sounds like the upper floors are less noisy?? Where is the kiddie pool located? Is there a playground?

Thoughts?
My last stay at the pop was about 6 yrs ago and only the hippy dippy pool was noisy both the bowling pin and computer pool were quite nice and quiet. We had first floor in the eighties section all was quiet when we got back to the resort no matter the time of day.

How do you go about making a room request at Pop? More specifically, I am looking for contact numbers/e-mail to connect to the right person/department to make a request and what sort of timeline works best?

I am already subscribed to touringplans.com. Has anyone had any experience using their website to make a room request? Was it successful?

Last edited:
How do you go about making a room request at Pop? More specifically, I am looking for contact numbers/e-mail to connect to the right person/department to make a request and what sort of timeline works best?

I am already subscribed to touringplans.com. Has anyone had any experience using their website to make a room request? Was it successful?
I have used touringplans twice to make reservations and been successful both times getting room I wanted. I have even used the site for dining reservations, cause seriously who plans food 6 months in advance. You search for a room based of what you are paying (standard or preferred) then quiet level, distance to food or transport, and bed size. After you find a room you like you put in your reservation number and info they send a fax to wdw for your request. Does that make sense?

I have used touringplans twice to make reservations and been successful both times getting room I wanted. I have even used the site for dining reservations, cause seriously who plans food 6 months in advance. You search for a room based of what you are paying (standard or preferred) then quiet level, distance to food or transport, and bed size. After you find a room you like you put in your reservation number and info they send a fax to wdw for your request. Does that make sense?
Makes perfect sense! Thanks. I have the info put in and now I will cross my fingers for a bit of pixie dustpixiedust:

I have never considered using touringplans for dining reservations. How would you do this?

Last edited:

Hi everyone! We checked into Pop last night and got exactly the room we wanted!! 60's, lake view, king bed. It's perfect and I doubt we'll stay at a category up for a looooong time with rooms like this!
Pop, and its buses, are just as great as I remembered.
I used the touring plans room finder to find a room that fit all the categories and then I used their fax room request feature to request that room specifically. Worked a treat!
The touring plans app has been pretty great while in the parks too. Highly recommend the subscription! Mousesavers has a code and it's only like 13-14$ then.
Does the room seem smaller with the king bed?

I'm really excited about my 1st stay at Pop Century for the DIS 20th. I think I'm as excited to try Pop as I was to stay at BC last year and it's a lot less $$$. The rooms look really cute and if I like it I could afford to go a lot more often, even though I did get a really good deal last year.

The one thing I'm still on the fence about is if I should stick with using DME and the buses, or if I should rent a car? Car rates for the 5 days right now are running around $115 all in. I've always had a car in the past, so I'm a little nervous about relying solely on Disney transportation. How are the buses from Pop during a busier week?

The one thing I'm still on the fence about is if I should stick with using DME and the buses, or if I should rent a car? Car rates for the 5 days right now are running around $115 all in. I've always had a car in the past, so I'm a little nervous about relying solely on Disney transportation. How are the buses from Pop during a busier week?

Good question, since you've always used a car in the past than I would suggest getting a car if it makes you more comfortable. For that price, the convenience of picking up supplies at a store might make it worth while. As far as buses go, this will be out first trip to the POP also, so I can't give you a first hand account. From what I have read here, it is pretty good overall. That said, people have also had issues with it from time to time, but I think that's the case with transportation in general. There is nothing preventing you from takeing the bus sometimes and your car others.

For the price you can get a car for, I wouldn't mind trying to talk my brother into renting a car for the week. Of course it would cost us more, since we are a party of 5, but it would make some aspects of our trip better. Not gonna happen anyways, he like to use our as a mini vacation from driving anyways. As the fifth wheel in our group, I'm fine letting him do whatever makes him more comfortable. :)

Last edited:
I'm really excited about my 1st stay at Pop Century for the DIS 20th. I think I'm as excited to try Pop as I was to stay at BC last year and it's a lot less $$$. The rooms look really cute and if I like it I could afford to go a lot more often, even though I did get a really good deal last year.

I'm staying at POP too for DIS 20th - my first time there too. I am excited, though not sure how much time I will spend in the room so thinking of just requesting a room neat the buses

I'm staying at POP too for DIS 20th - my first time there too. I am excited, though not sure how much time I will spend in the room so thinking of just requesting a room neat the buses
FWIW all of the rooms are pretty close to the busses no more than a maybe 2-5 min walk, the last time I was there I was in the 80's section right near the computer pool and it was great, quiet pretty much all day and not too far from the busses. The rooms closest to the busses are right on top of the noisiest section of the resort- the main pool.

While I have never been on a super busy week the busses are usually pretty great during the day, even at night they aren't bad it's just a little more crowded because everyone is trying to get back to the resort at the same time.

Makes perfect sense! Thanks. I have the info put in and now I will cross my fingers for a bit of pixie dustpixiedust:

I have never considered using touringplans for dining reservations. How would you do this?

So you decide Day and time you want to eat at a specific restaurant. You put in a notification with touringplans and when that date and time open they email or text (what I recommend) you there is a spot open. You then get online (or use app) and book it. I got Tusker house an hour before open two weeks out from the date I wanted. I have also gotten be our guest.

Does the room seem smaller with the king bed?

It's been two years but I think it does a little bit. The bathroom/vanity area seems to be larger (it's an accessible room) and we actually unpacked and put our clothes in that area as it is spacious enough. There's the table and two chairs, dresser, larger tv I think? Or it seems larger.
Anyways, SUPER comfortable room for two people! Plenty of space!

As for buses, still as great as always. We went to the contemporary from AK today for dinner and all the deluxe buses were sharing so we stopped at WL on the way and it just took forever. Then heading back we thought we'd do the monorail to Epcot thing and that took f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Had to switch monorails and waited ages for both and then they take so long to board and safety check (which is good but man, hopping on the pop bus is so much quicker!). I turned to the hubby and said, "deluxe resorts more convenient transportation my bummy!" And he was like, "seriously!! It's such BS."
We're not going to be persuaded to spend money on deluxe any time soon.:rotfl2:

Good question, since you've always used a car in the past than I would suggest getting a car if it makes you more comfortable. For that price, the convenience of picking up supplies at a store might make it worth while. As far as buses go, this will be out first trip to the POP also, so I can't give you a first hand account. From what I have read here, it is pretty good overall. That said, people have also had issues with it from time to time, but I think that's the case with transportation in general. There is nothing preventing you from takeing the bus sometimes and your car others.

For the price you can get a car for, I wouldn't mind trying to talk my brother into renting a car for the week. Of course it would cost us more, since we are a party of 5, but it would make some aspects of our trip better. Not gonna happen anyways, he like to use our as a mini vacation from driving anyways. As the fifth wheel in our group, I'm fine letting him do whatever makes him more comfortable. :)

I did go ahead and reserved the car. I still have DME reserved for now. I'll sleep on it for a few days and decide if I want the car or not.

That rate for the DIS 20th was pretty good, and I'm not thinking I would be in the room a whole lot either.

FWIW all of the rooms are pretty close to the busses no more than a maybe 2-5 min walk, the last time I was there I was in the 80's section right near the computer pool and it was great, quiet pretty much all day and not too far from the busses. The rooms closest to the busses are right on top of the noisiest section of the resort- the main pool.

I made 2 room requests - away from the main pool and a king bed. I think the king bed is a long shot but we'll see. Although honestly they could give me a twin and it would be ok, since my 2 Labs hog the bed at home.

While I have never been on a super busy week the busses are usually pretty great during the day, even at night they aren't bad it's just a little more crowded because everyone is trying to get back to the resort at the same time.

Good to know, since even if I have the car I likely wouldn't drive everyday. I know I would definitely bus to MK.

I've only stayed onsite one time and when I did, I stayed at AOA LM. I was soooo grateful for a car. I tried the bus one time to see if it was better and quickly said never again. I know I'm in the minority and that's ok but standing with a million people waiting for a few buses to go by before it's your turn in the heat after walking what feels to be a million miles to walk a million more back to that LM room was something that just wasn't for me.

This year my fiancé (and husband by that time!) and are staying at POP. For the sake of the $120 it's going to cost us, we got a car. No more waiting, parking is free everywhere we go and we'll get home quicker at the end of the day.

I know the buses are wonderful for many people and that's awesome! This old girl just isn't one of them. :)

Best of luck on whatever you choose!

So you decide Day and time you want to eat at a specific restaurant. You put in a notification with touringplans and when that date and time open they email or text (what I recommend) you there is a spot open. You then get online (or use app) and book it. I got Tusker house an hour before open two weeks out from the date I wanted. I have also gotten be our guest.
This is just wonderful! I love it and I hope it works out for me. I am looking for a Yak and Yeti reservation for arrival day at around 7 pm and have had no luck finding one though I have been checking every day. While I still may not get the reservation I want, at least I know that someone is checking for me and will let me know. Thanks!

This is just wonderful! I love it and I hope it works out for me. I am looking for a Yak and Yeti reservation for arrival day at around 7 pm and have had no luck finding one though I have been checking every day. While I still may not get the reservation I want, at least I know that someone is checking for me and will let me know. Thanks!
It's wonderful because you don't have to constantly be checking yourself. I would try different times if you want around 7. For Tusker I wanted exactly 8am. I wanted to be in and out to be on safari at open. I know a lot of people cancel when they start finalizing plans. I have seen things pop up within the 24-48 hour window. Good luck!

I know this is in this thread somewhere but, is it still worth sending in a fax around the 7-5 days till mark for room requests? And if so what is the number at POP to send it too?

I am doing a solo trip in Oct, I have a preferred room booked but won't be bothered if I get a new or old room tbh as it is my first time at POP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter