Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw, was at Tapas during my stay last year and the view was amazing, the service fine, the space fantastic, the food? Meh. Great resort if you stay at GDT imho, particularly while less than full as I got the feeling that the walls were probably pretty thin.

The last stay there was this guy who would wake up everyday around 6:30 and "whistle" in an old western tune. However it always was followed up with him hacking his lungs out for ten minutes. So there was nothing endearing about it (not to mention it woke us up). We still refer to him as "the whistler" today, but the entire point of sharing is that I also feel like the walls are thin... lol

Morning! I surprised DH yesterday so I'm here for the next couple nights if anyone wants specific info/pics. They surprised us when I got here with a suite upgrade, will post photos this evening.

Pretty empty here, I'm downstairs having coffee and it's super peaceful. So foggy you can't see the water though! :)

Wandering MK on my FB/IG stories today too.

Ok I’m sure this has been asked, I apologize, but what order does the bus stop in? We have 11 people so getting on the same bus will probably be a challenge no matter what but would like to know where to go to get the best chance. Especially since someone just had surgery and now needs a scooter. :crazy2:

Ok I’m sure this has been asked, I apologize, but what order does the bus stop in? We have 11 people so getting on the same bus will probably be a challenge no matter what but would like to know where to go to get the best chance. Especially since someone just had surgery and now needs a scooter. :crazy2:
When we were there last week, it was Casitas, Ranchos (not stopped at since wasn't open), Cabanas, and the Tower.

Not sure Casitas will be a stop now that G League is arriving though? Few people were at that stop when we walked over to it last week. Most were at Cabanas and the biggest crowds at the Tower stop.

Sometimes though a bus will show up at the Tower first I think in the a.m. It's not been my experience though. That stop was hit or miss during my Nov. and Jan. trips in getting on the first busses. However, on 1/18 when we'd walked to Casitas for MK, when that bus arrived at the Tower stop, an MK bus was already there loading guests (and I know we were on the 1st Casitas bus since we got there early as did another group).

Also, as an aside to anyone wondering about other times of the day. Except for the early morning buses, we had a great experience with busses from the tower stop. DD14 and I stayed behind one day since she had school and we took an afternoon bus to Epcot about 2:20 p.m. Within a few minutes of us getting there, we saw busses show up for all 4 parks and most were empty. My adult DD and DD14 took a noon MK bus from the Tower stop with little wait on a different day she had school.

If rope drop isn't a priority, catching a bus shouldn't be too difficult from any stop.

Morning! I surprised DH yesterday so I'm here for the next couple nights if anyone wants specific info/pics. They surprised us when I got here with a suite upgrade, will post photos this evening.

Pretty empty here, I'm downstairs having coffee and it's super peaceful. So foggy you can't see the water though! :)

Hows the NBA stuff look? Any walls up, tents etc? I have been keeping an eye on that as I am hoping it doesn't hurt the ambience.

When we were there last week, it was Casitas, Ranchos (not stopped at since wasn't open), Cabanas, and the Tower.

Not sure Casitas will be a stop now that G League is arriving though? Few people were at that stop when we walked over to it last week. Most were at Cabanas and the biggest crowds at the Tower stop.

Sometimes though a bus will show up at the Tower first I think in the a.m. It's not been my experience though. That stop was hit or miss during my Nov. and Jan. trips in getting on the first busses. However, on 1/18 when we'd walked to Casitas for MK, when that bus arrived at the Tower stop, an MK bus was already there loading guests (and I know we were on the 1st Casitas bus since we got there early as did another group).

Also, as an aside to anyone wondering about other times of the day. Except for the early morning buses, we had a great experience with busses from the tower stop. DD14 and I stayed behind one day since she had school and we took an afternoon bus to Epcot about 2:20 p.m. Within a few minutes of us getting there, we saw busses show up for all 4 parks and most were empty. My adult DD and DD14 took a noon MK bus from the Tower stop with little wait on a different day she had school.

If rope drop isn't a priority, catching a bus shouldn't be too difficult from any stop.
Ok catch me up here. We just got moved here so I haven’t followed along on this thread in years. What’s G league? Why did someone mention NBA? Are they staying there again?

Ok catch me up here. We just got moved here so I haven’t followed along on this thread in years. What’s G league? Why did someone mention NBA? Are they staying there again?

G league is the minor league of the NBA. Some of the players are staying at CSR. Much like the NBA situation last year some people are worried about the impact it will have on the resort grounds (ME). So far I have heard some tents have been setup outside the resort, but it's projected that a temporary wall could be constructed around the area they are staying. I don't remember what part, but someone will chime in I am sure.

How much impact WILL it end up having? No one knows for sure and I don't think the players are due in until mid Feb. So the full impact on the resort grounds may not be known until a few more weeks. I have been paying close attention to the situation as it does concern me. Luckily WDW waived change fees until a day or two prior to check in. So if it becomes pretty disruptive it might be possible to switch resorts.

Players began to arrive last week when we were there. A small check in table off to the side in the GDT lobby. I read a report that players have a report to the resort day by 1/26, "opening day" Feb 8, with playoffs the first week of March (I'm not sure which Disney blogs are allowed to be posted here, but the date info is easily found in a Google search). If there is a wall going up, it should be constructed by now I'd think and pics starting to appear on social media?

I saw the tents in the Casitas 2 parking lot last week (and posted a photo a few pages back), but there was no wall last Thursday. The tents will only be in sight if riding on a bus that drives past that parking lot (or staying in Casitas but from the reports of bookings being moved it doesn't sound like that's the case), so those wouldn't impact the ambiance at all.

(Just my humble opinion, but I don't think the G League's presence should impact the guest experience if Disney is shutting down the entire Casitas section. It's easy to get to the Tower and other anemities from Cabanas which is on the oposite side of the Tower than Casitas. YMMV though if it affects the experience.)

G league is the minor league of the NBA. Some of the players are staying at CSR. Much like the NBA situation last year some people are worried about the impact it will have on the resort grounds (ME). So far I have heard some tents have been setup outside the resort, but it's projected that a temporary wall could be constructed around the area they are staying. I don't remember what part, but someone will chime in I am sure.

How much impact WILL it end up having? No one knows for sure and I don't think the players are due in until mid Feb. So the full impact on the resort grounds may not be known until a few more weeks. I have been paying close attention to the situation as it does concern me. Luckily WDW waived change fees until a day or two prior to check in. So if it becomes pretty disruptive it might be possible to switch resorts.
Ok thanks. We were booked at movies, then they decided not to open so they moved us to POP. Then yesterday they announced the pool will be closed. Our TA called and got us moved to CSR for no charge. So I’m happy. So a little disruption is ok, because we are paying the all star movie price to be there.

We just spent seven nights at saratoga springs. On four of the mornings we waited less than 30 seconds for a bus, one morning 20 minutes, and two mornings about 40 minutes. It really is all about luck. It wasn't until the 6th day I realized that the bus arrival time was on the app.

We did spend one night in the tower at CSR. It is a beautiful resort. CSR has always been my go-to resort before a cruise or when a deluxe isn't in the budget. I've never had an issue with the bus service there. I set my expectations for a 20-minute wait and plan accordingly. There is always Lyft or Uber if you're in a hurry.
Where is it on the app?

Ok thanks. We were booked at movies, then they decided not to open so they moved us to POP. Then yesterday they announced the pool will be closed. Our TA called and got us moved to CSR for no charge. So I’m happy. So a little disruption is ok, because we are paying the all star movie price to be there.
Nice upgrade! :)

Congrats on the upgrade! And ya I have kept my reservations and most likely won't be changing them. That is of course if someone posts some photos up of giant blue walls. lol

View attachment 552334

View attachment 552335
Please provide as much info about bus service to the parks as possible. We’re staying in the Tower in about two weeks and want to know if we’re potentially going to have issues getting buses in the morning before park opening if we use the bus stop at the tower. Thanks!

Ok sorry for the questions but it’s been a while since we’ve stayed there. Family member has a scooter- there are elevators in the standard buildings right? I remember an elevator in 8b when we stayed in 2014, but I don’t see them on the maps.

Ok sorry for the questions but it’s been a while since we’ve stayed there. Family member has a scooter- there are elevators in the standard buildings right? I remember an elevator in 8b when we stayed in 2014, but I don’t see them on the maps.
Yes, there are elevators in the buildings for standard rooms.

I walked up and waited about 2 minutes for a MK bus at 8:45 this morning from the tower. It was empty when it came and we didn't stop anywhere else.

Please provide as much info about bus service to the parks as possible. We’re staying in the Tower in about two weeks and want to know if we’re potentially going to have issues getting buses in the morning before park opening if we use the bus stop at the tower. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter