Imagineering/Disney/Universal History Books and Memoirs suggestions.

Any books on the backstory of the parks and attractions kind of like the “Behind the Attractions “ series? I love reading about how the they thought of everything when building the different lands, parks, resorts and attractions
https://www.upress.state.ms.us/Books/T/Three-Years-in-Wonderland

Three Years in Wonderland
The Disney Brothers, C. V. Wood, and the Making of the Great American Theme Park
By Todd James Pierce

"While the success of Disneyland is largely credited to Walt and Roy Disney, there was a third, mostly forgotten dynamo instrumental to the development of the park—fast-talking Texan C. V. Wood. Three Years in Wonderland presents the never-before-told, full story of “the happiest place on earth.” Using information from over one hundred unpublished interviews, Todd James Pierce lays down the arc of Disneyland's development from an idea to a paragon of entertainment."

https://www.amazon.com/Disneys-Land-Invention-Amusement-Changed/dp/1501190806

Disney's Land: Walt Disney and the Invention of the Amusement Park That Changed the World
by Richard Snow

"But Walt persevered, initially financing the park against his own life insurance policy and later with sponsorship from ABC and the sale of thousands and thousands of Davy Crockett coonskin caps. Disney assembled a talented team of engineers, architects, artists, animators, landscapers, and even a retired admiral to transform his ideas into a soaring yet soothing wonderland of a park. The catch was that they had only a year and a day in which to build it."

Hi all,

I’m a big memoir and behind the scenes and history book reader. I actually just finished Disney Wars by James B. Stewart the other day.

Anyone got any other recommendations for memoirs or behind the scenes books about Disney/ Universal/Imagineering?

Also any memoir suggestions in general would be greatly appreciated (I have read The Ride of a Lifetime by Bob Iger and am currently reading Razzle Dazzle by Michael Ries).

Thank you

BH5
Just ordered this one to read on our upcoming 4/6-4/14 WDW visit. I'll give a report when I finish it.

https://www.amazon.com/Imagineering-Story-Official-Biography-Disney/dp/1368049362

The Imagineering Story: The Official Biography of Walt Disney Imagineering
by Leslie Iwerks

The highly acclaimed and rated Disney+ documentary series, The Imagineering Story, becomes a book that greatly expands the award-winning filmmaker Leslie Iwerks' narrative of the fascinating history of Walt Disney Imagineering.

The entire legacy of WDI is covered from day one through future projects with never-before-seen access and insights from people both on the inside and on the outside. So many stories and details were left on the cutting room floor―this book allows an expanded exploration of the magic of Imagineering.

Just ordered this one to read on our upcoming 4/6-4/14 WDW visit. I'll give a report when I finish it.

https://www.amazon.com/Imagineering-Story-Official-Biography-Disney/dp/1368049362

by Leslie Iwerks

The highly acclaimed and rated Disney+ documentary series, The Imagineering Story, becomes a book that greatly expands the award-winning filmmaker Leslie Iwerks' narrative of the fascinating history of Walt Disney Imagineering.

The entire legacy of WDI is covered from day one through future projects with never-before-seen access and insights from people both on the inside and on the outside. So many stories and details were left on the cutting room floor―this book allows an expanded exploration of the magic of Imagineering.
Please let me know what you thought once you read. Curious if the read gives much more detail than the show

by Leslie Iwerks

I have read this one! I wonder if your one chapter repeats like my printing did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter