• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all - random question. We'll be staying in Casitas starting 10/24 - our first trip with my 1 year old nephew. Has anyone had recent experiences with room checks in the afternoon? I want to prepare my sister that even during nap time, they could show up. But then I realized I hadn't heard of any room checks in a while, so just curious. TIA!
Just had one. They’re at sporadic times since we’ve been here. Kind of a pain. I was woken up from a nap by one previously. (Had the do not disturb sign and the security bar lock thing on, but they still opened.)
I might try- if napping- to leave a note on the door that says “napping please come back at XX time for room check.” Maybe it might work? 🤷‍♀️

Just had one. They’re at sporadic times since we’ve been here. Kind of a pain. I was woken up from a nap by one previously. (Had the do not disturb sign and the security bar lock thing on, but they still opened.)
I might try- if napping- to leave a note on the door that says “napping please come back at XX time for room check.” Maybe it might work? 🤷‍♀️

How do they get in if you have the security bar latched???

Hey all - random question. We'll be staying in Casitas starting 10/24 - our first trip with my 1 year old nephew. Has anyone had recent experiences with room checks in the afternoon? I want to prepare my sister that even during nap time, they could show up. But then I realized I hadn't heard of any room checks in a while, so just curious. TIA!
If you don't opt out of housekeeping, you don't have to worry about room checks. If you are going to be in the room at a set time every afternoon you can request housekeeping in the morning. It's not guaranteed, but they try to be accommodating when possible.

Last edited:
How do they get in if you have the security bar latched???
They just peek in the room because the bar stops them from opening it fully. The bang of the door hitting the latch though was enough to make me jump out of a sound sleep, followed by an expletive. The person doing the check yelled an apology and ran away.

Thanks @MarBee and @hildarumpole - I'll keep an eye and ear out....and I would probably curse too if I was jolted out of sleep!
So oddly enough I was just woken up by a check. I didnt follow my own advice and leave a note about napping. Since we have been here they’ve come before noon every day. Today I tried to catch a power nap, and lo and behold- they knocked at the door followed by the loud slam of the latch bar and a “so sorry!” 😂
I don’t nap regularly but the few times I’ve napped at Disney this has happened (not just at Coronado). Any time I’ve tried at home my kids somehow realize it and wake me up. Lol! Moms were just meant to be tired I think 🤪

Just got back last night from my first stay at CSR. I honestly never had any interest in staying here until they built the tower, which is where I stayed. I can't say enough good things about the tower. It was simply beautiful. Stunning really. The rooms were huge, the beds comfy (sheets were soooooo soft)!! Food options were nice and I loved the covered walkway to the main building. The only negative I could see is the multiple bus stops, which is something that I don't really like, but to all of the parks, the tower was the last pick up so we would head right out to the parks but coming back, last drop off.

I would still not stay in one of the regular rooms (just not my preference for accommodations) but would DEFINITELY do the tower again. It's like a deluxe at mod prices!!

Just got back last night from my first stay at CSR. I honestly never had any interest in staying here until they built the tower, which is where I stayed. I can't say enough good things about the tower. It was simply beautiful. Stunning really. The rooms were huge, the beds comfy (sheets were soooooo soft)!! Food options were nice and I loved the covered walkway to the main building. The only negative I could see is the multiple bus stops, which is something that I don't really like, but to all of the parks, the tower was the last pick up so we would head right out to the parks but coming back, last drop off.

I would still not stay in one of the regular rooms (just not my preference for accommodations) but would DEFINITELY do the tower again. It's like a deluxe at mod prices!!

So would you say staying in the towers with having your own vehicle do get around would be perfect then?

Sigh. Due to an unexpected and very sad diagnosis for our sweet 5 year old little kitty, we have decided to cancel our May 2020 trip and stay at Gran Destino to put our discretionary funds towards helping him. To say I am sad (about everything) would be quite the understatement.

Thanks for all the info and I'll see you next January when I book my room only for May 2021 - hopefully they don't raise the prices too much. :)

If you don't opt out of housekeeping, you don't have to worry about room checks. If you are going to be in the room at a set time every afternoon you can request housekeeping in the morning. It's not guaranteed, but they try to be accommodating when possible.

There are lots and lots of reports of them still doing the room checks even when guests do not opt out of housekeeping.

Sigh. Due to an unexpected and very sad diagnosis for our sweet 5 year old little kitty, we have decided to cancel our May 2020 trip and stay at Gran Destino to put our discretionary funds towards helping him. To say I am sad (about everything) would be quite the understatement.

Thanks for all the info and I'll see you next January when I book my room only for May 2021 - hopefully they don't raise the prices too much. :)
Sorry to hear! I hope your kitty will be okay.

Just got back from 5 nights at CSR. We booked a standard view room on an AP deal, and we were originally given a room in Ranchos. However, there was a major love bug issue in the room as well as housekeeping issues (looked like old vomit left in the sink, dead lovebugs from previous traveler squished and left all over the walls, plus about 50 of them flying around and crawling all over the bed sheets). After some frustration with calling the “front desk” (yes, I know it’s a call center, and I should have walked to the front desk, but it was late, we were the furthest point from the front desk, and I was lazy), I walked to the front desk. They were able to change our room to the Cabanas. The Cabanas location was great. We overlooked a quiet pool and were super close to the tower and main pool.
The only sort of issue we had was that it was a handicap accessible room. Fortunately, we are not in need of such accommodations, so we really noticed the difference in storage options. For those reading and wondering, our room had lower to the ground beds (couldn’t fit bags underneath,) the drawers were much smaller, there was only one bathroom sink with a minimal shelf for the vanity, the storage closet was in the room instead of the bathroom, etc. Overall, for a person in an ecv or a wheelchair there was plenty of room to maneuver inside. I was surprised though that there was a tub and not a stand up shower. The shower faucets were different and there was a curtain instead of a door.
The room though was beautiful, and the location was excellent! I would definitely recommend this over Ranchos.
Our trip started off kind of meh, but by the end I’m looking for more dates to book at CSR!

There are lots and lots of reports of them still doing the room checks even when guests do not opt out of housekeeping.

At riverside we didn’t opt out of mouse keeping but they were late getting to our room and it was nap time. They called us and asked if we wanted mouse keeping that day, when we declined they asked when they could do a room check. When they came for the room check she walked through the room checking our lights and furniture while we were there getting ready. It was weird.

Just got back from 5 nights at CSR. We booked a standard view room on an AP deal, and we were originally given a room in Ranchos. However, there was a major love bug issue in the room as well as housekeeping issues (looked like old vomit left in the sink, dead lovebugs from previous traveler squished and left all over the walls, plus about 50 of them flying around and crawling all over the bed sheets). After some frustration with calling the “front desk” (yes, I know it’s a call center, and I should have walked to the front desk, but it was late, we were the furthest point from the front desk, and I was lazy), I walked to the front desk. They were able to change our room to the Cabanas. The Cabanas location was great. We overlooked a quiet pool and were super close to the tower and main pool.
The only sort of issue we had was that it was a handicap accessible room. Fortunately, we are not in need of such accommodations, so we really noticed the difference in storage options. For those reading and wondering, our room had lower to the ground beds (couldn’t fit bags underneath,) the drawers were much smaller, there was only one bathroom sink with a minimal shelf for the vanity, the storage closet was in the room instead of the bathroom, etc. Overall, for a person in an ecv or a wheelchair there was plenty of room to maneuver inside. I was surprised though that there was a tub and not a stand up shower. The shower faucets were different and there was a curtain instead of a door.
The room though was beautiful, and the location was excellent! I would definitely recommend this over Ranchos.
Our trip started off kind of meh, but by the end I’m looking for more dates to book at CSR!
What I don’t understand is many people have complained about problems in their room and have been compensated but I had no hot water in my room and nothing was done about it after I complained. So frustrating.

What I don’t understand is many people have complained about problems in their room and have been compensated but I had no hot water in my room and nothing was done about it after I complained. So frustrating.
That’s crazy! I didn’t like yell or demand anything- the cast member just offered. I mean, it was totally the right thing to do, but you should have been offered the same. Maybe you just were unlucky and got a dud CM? That really sucks!

At riverside we didn’t opt out of mouse keeping but they were late getting to our room and it was nap time. They called us and asked if we wanted mouse keeping that day, when we declined they asked when they could do a room check. When they came for the room check she walked through the room checking our lights and furniture while we were there getting ready. It was weird.
I will say that any time I’ve been present for a check they just kind of peek in. This would definitely be weird to me.

However, you’re kind of confirming my suspicions that they changed the thermostat settings on one of my checks while we were out. The air conditioner kept cycling on and off and waking me up the night after we were not present for a check. I changed the settings back and then everything was fine, but I was probably wrongly mad at DH for messing with it in the first place🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter