Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
rix? is the grab and go breakfast called rix or el mercado? not in the tower...
Cafe rix has bakery type grab and go items like muffins and danishes. El Mercado is the quick service restaurant, which will usually have other grab and go items as well as hot counter service breakfast. Both are in El centro (the “main building” formerly where check in was located).

Edited to add: they are basically adjacent so you could always pop into both if you need to or want to scope out the different offerings

Last edited:
Cafe rix has bakery type grab and go items like muffins and danishes. El Mercado is the quick service restaurant, which will usually have other grab and go items as well as hot counter service breakfast. Both are in El centro (the “main building” formerly where check in was located).

Edited to add: they are basically adjacent so you could always pop into both if you need to or want to scope out the different offerings

There is also a table service breakfast at the somewhat confusingly named nearby Rix Sports Bar & Grill. I had the chorizo skillet there last weekend, and it was terrific. Menu is here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/coronado-springs-resort/rix-sports-bar/menus/

Has anyone ever asked or received a paid upgrade to a tower room? We are staying next a Friday night (1 nt only) and have a preferred room. We would like to try our the tower. I’m thinking we have a better shot since it’s only one night. Just curious if anyone had ever tried.

DW and I were arguing about which version of the Deluxe suite is bigger in the GDT, so I drew this:

View attachment 422552

(The map is probably out of scale, so don't use it for anything too serious.)
Do you have a preference? I think with a lot of people the rectangle living and extra closet would be nice. However I will be staying on the sleeper and like the windows open at night so I want the triangle version.

The issue of sound from the elevators has been brought up with regards to the Deluxe Suites. I would have to imagine the premium price these are going for, sound wouldn't be an issue?? Who would pay those rates if they were loud areas?

Do we know what the lake view Deluxe Suites wrap around on the right side, there are 3 blocks instead of the 6 on the left side where the elevators are, perhaps service elevators? Storage rooms? I see the stairway is there as well.

Do we know how Disney chooses if your Deluxe Suite is the L-Shaped version or the Triangle Shaped version? I don't see standard vs preferred options when booking. I have one Deluxe Suite booked for Thanksgiving, they sure do look nice from the YouTube videos that are out there now. :)

Ok so for now I think this shows the deluxe room location for Gran Destino. They are on all floors View attachment 419974 3 and up with club level access.

I am here right now, and lost power! Its been out for almost an hour (2 rooms). Is anyone else here now experiencing this? We were all getting ready and the bathroom is pitch dark. I called front desk and will head down in a few to see whats going on. The fire doors in the hallways are also closed so I am going to assume its at least this floor.

Ok, so its the whole tower with no power
The lobby and food court are ok, apparently its either our section of the building, or most of the guest rooms or all of them(?), I am getting different answers. One person said its all of the rooms "to the left" .The screens for the bus times are not working either.

Came back to room to find voicemail from 718 apologizing for outage. It didn’t hit us until about an hour later so either their times are off or the failures were cascading from earlier.
Still out for us. We are on 15th floor. Club level staff isn’t able to provide much info. We have Toledo reservations tonight. Not sure if the restaurant is affected or not.

We’re on the 12th floor with no power. Our first time at this resort and unfortunately, it hasn’t been a great experience. We moved rooms the first night due to noisy neighbors. The new neighbors were partying until 4AM and I finally went to the front desk and they sent security to shut things down. Buses have been really inconsistent with long waits to and from parks. Hoping things improve for the rest of our stay. Power would be nice! Will Disney do anything to compensate those who have been without power all day?

We’re on the 12th floor with no power. Our first time at this resort and unfortunately, it hasn’t been a great experience. We moved rooms the first night due to noisy neighbors. The new neighbors were partying until 4AM and I finally went to the front desk and they sent security to shut things down. Buses have been really inconsistent with long waits to and from parks. Hoping things improve for the rest of our stay. Power would be nice! Will Disney do anything to compensate those who have been without power all day?

Most likely yes if you ask. But in situations like this at WDW, you generally have to ask. They don't want to have to pixie dust the entire tower, you know?

Will Disney do anything to compensate those who have been without power all day?

Recently AKL had a fire drill at some very early morning hour and multiple experience FP+ were loaded to guests MDE overnight.

I would really hope Disney compensated every guest in some way. I can only imagine being in a highly anticipated tower with no AC in August in Florida 🥵

Just got a call from the front desk - they do not have any anticipated time for getting the power on. They are proactively moving people out from the sections with no power. We’re moving to our third room in as many days! But getting a credit for one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter