Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Just a little thing but does anyone know if the CR, (and other deluxes for that matter), are switching to the new style soap and shampoo dispensers? Personally, I'm hoping not.
Also, has anyone who has stayed at CR recently do you remember seeing ping pong tables by the pool? I saw some pics around the internet that showed some but might have been years ago.

I have to admit I am really getting excited about trying out the CR. I don't really know why we've neglected it all these years, (though we have eaten at the Wave a few times), but looking at pics and descriptions I'm really getting psyched. Ever since I was a little kid I've wanted to stay here, because of the monorail of course, but I guess price always was a deterrent (poly or Epcot resorts always seemed cheaper). Though we'll be in the Garden wing and not the main complex, but still, I'm thinking I'm going to love it. It IS on the monorail loop after all. :)

Oh gosh, one more thing, any recommendations about room requests? I believe we're slated as Garden view.

Just a little thing but does anyone know if the CR, (and other deluxes for that matter), are switching to the new style soap and shampoo dispensers? Personally, I'm hoping not.

Nope. Not at our recent stay.

Also, has anyone who has stayed at CR recently do you remember seeing ping pong tables by the pool? I saw some pics around the internet that showed some but might have been years ago

They had a ping pong table, foosball table, cornhole boards and a large connect four just last week.

Nice to hear FidFam, kids will love the game tables for sure and I have to admit I'm not a fan of the locked down shampoo and soap dispensers, at least not in an expensive hotel.

Twice my 2 kids have seen the ping pong tables and wanted to play, and twice they've played approximately 30 seconds and they missed, the ball rolled onto the ground and into Bay Lake (they were pretty young!). I hope the table has been moved, because it was the dumbest place ever for ping pong. I'm actually pretty sure if I had played I would have lost the ball in not much more time than that! There wasn't even a little lip to stop it from rolling off, so it could either fly into bay lake or roll in, either way it ended up there super easy! Then it was sometime around the bar/bathrooms/watersport check in area. We even tried to play defense and strategically place ourselves to get the ball before it would go in, and it didn't work at all. So after that we just said no ping pong there or made sure to detour around the table.

After a 5:15 am flight, we are here! Our room isn’t ready, but we were told that we have a partial Magic Kingdom view!! I’m so excited, and it’s beautiful!!:flower1::wave:

Have fun!

Just curious, what’s a partial MK view at the CR? It’s the one resort where I thought they were pretty much all straight up good MK views?

ETA- just realized- must be BLT!!

Quick question - how is the room service? Is the food decent? The menu looks good but I can't find hardly any reviews.

We are staying at BLT for the first time soon and room service is my guilty pleasure. The Wave is one of our fave breakfast spots but on mornings when DH is golfing, I'd prefer to dine in my PJ's instead if the food is tasty :)

Thanks!

Are there other locations besides Contempo Cafe to refill resort mugs?
I am just thinking if out at swimming pool, not sure I'd want to wander into the main concourse in swim shorts.
Any advice would be welcome :)

Quick question - how is the room service? Is the food decent? The menu looks good but I can't find hardly any reviews.

We are staying at BLT for the first time soon and room service is my guilty pleasure. The Wave is one of our fave breakfast spots but on mornings when DH is golfing, I'd prefer to dine in my PJ's instead if the food is tasty :)

Thanks!
I think it's pretty good overall. I think it's the same pizza delivery as every other resort, but the actual items they cook on-site are all great, and the food always shows up hot. The room service runs late too which can be a god send on those late nights at the parks.

Are there other locations besides Contempo Cafe to refill resort mugs?
I am just thinking if out at swimming pool, not sure I'd want to wander into the main concourse in swim shorts.
Any advice would be welcome :)
There were refills available at both CR and blt pools for my stays.

Thanks!
The room service food is made by the hotels restaurants so good:thumbsup2

Over the years I have tried the mono resorts and never regretted it.

Sounds like a great idea!

As simplistic as it sounds tweet his name and a brief message/location to @wdwtoday with #castmembercompliment
It's easy and they'll usually acknowledge you with picture of the CM getting kudos, and it does go in their file.
Yup, I've done that before for other CMs - wasn't sure if there was a better way for folks at the resorts. I'll go ahead and tweet away. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter