Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a free Culinary tour. You need to be at the BOMA podium at 3:45. I believe it is daily. Check the schedule at check in. You get to taste the stew, bread and a zebra doom. I'm going soon and can't wait for this.

Thanks! That's really cool - I've never heard of that.

I sent my request to rent DVC points for a stay here in January. Fingers crossed.

My husband is super skeptical about staying in a deluxe resort but from what I've read I think he'all love AKL.

New follower to this thread, looking at booking a DVC room for our first stay at AKL in Jan 2017. Hoping for a little advice about which area to stay in. We will be staying with 5 people total, including 2 kids ages 4 and 7. I've read a few different reviews saying Kidani is better for kids but wondering what the real experts have to say. Any help is greatly appreciated. Now to read back 262 pages!

New follower to this thread, looking at booking a DVC room for our first stay at AKL in Jan 2017. Hoping for a little advice about which area to stay in. We will be staying with 5 people total, including 2 kids ages 4 and 7. I've read a few different reviews saying Kidani is better for kids but wondering what the real experts have to say. Any help is greatly appreciated. Now to read back 262 pages!

I'm guessing you meant January 2018 ;) I think your family might enjoy Kidani slightly more. The rooms were built specifically for DVC (roomier, plus the 1-bedroom has 2 full bathrooms!), where Jambo rooms were regular resort rooms retro-fitted as Villas.

There's a newer thread: "Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread" that's only 22 or so pages at this point (you might want to check that one out!): https://www.disboards.com/threads/jambo-the-newest-akl-information-thread.3567178/

Since you're looking at booking a DVC Villa, I think you should definitely check out the AKV thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-lovers-thread-come-and-chat.1815576/page-128.

I think you'll find a lot of useful information there! Please feel free to post questions there also. :)

I'm guessing you meant January 2018 ;) I think your family might enjoy Kidani slightly more. The rooms were built specifically for DVC (roomier, plus the 1-bedroom has 2 full bathrooms!), where Jambo rooms were regular resort rooms retro-fitted as Villas.

There's a newer thread: "Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread" that's only 22 or so pages at this point (you might want to check that one out!): https://www.disboards.com/threads/jambo-the-newest-akl-information-thread.3567178/ .... :)

;) :thumbsup2

Does anyone know when they'll be releasing the future flight schedule for JET BLUE, beyond Oct 28th...Thanks?

Can guests at either section use either pool? Is one better than the other (for a 7 year old)?

You can use both..No problems.

Jambo: Much grander pool, with a lot more people around...Much smaller slide. Both have pool bars w drinks & snacks, & both have hot tubs nearby.

Kidani: A lot smaller & more intimate...But has a great slide, and also has a water play area which is really kewl.

So we're to decide between kidani and jambo and were wondering about how the transportation is between the resorts. When we were there in '12 you took a park bus over and the Disney springs bus back (or something like that). Is it similar or is there some type of dedicated shuttle.

We loved kidani but were feeling the pull of all the dining etc at Jambo.

You can use both..No problems.

Jambo: Much grander pool, with a lot more people around...Much smaller slide. Both have pool bars w drinks & snacks, & both have hot tubs nearby.

Kidani: A lot smaller & more intimate...But has a great slide, and also has a water play area which is really kewl.
Thanks...looks like we will make some time for both then.

So we're to decide between kidani and jambo and were wondering about how the transportation is between the resorts. When we were there in '12 you took a park bus over and the Disney springs bus back (or something like that). Is it similar or is there some type of dedicated shuttle.

I believe it's still the same, but others have reported Dedicated buses to MK for each resort.
There also may be a shuttle between.

We stayed at Kidani at the end of Oct. 2016. We never shared a bus with Jambo going to the parks or DS. There is also a shuttle van than runs between Jambo & Kidani avery 15 minutes or so.

There's a newer thread: "Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread" that's only 22 or so pages at this point (you might want to check that one out!): https://www.disboards.com/threads/jambo-the-newest-akl-information-thread.3567178/

Since you're looking at booking a DVC Villa, I think you should definitely check out the AKV thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-lovers-thread-come-and-chat.1815576/page-128.

I think you'll find a lot of useful information there! Please feel free to post questions there also. :)
Yes 2018... was just hoping it was sooner in my mind. Typing 2018 seems so far away! Thanks for the other message board recommendations I'll check them out.

Does anyone know where we go to get a tour of the rooms while at AKL for DVC? I believe I read you have to go somewhere over in Kidani, but have no idea beyond that. We're looking to join DVC in 2018 and would like to take a tour :)

Does anyone know where we go to get a tour of the rooms while at AKL for DVC? I believe I read you have to go somewhere over in Kidani, but have no idea beyond that. We're looking to join DVC in 2018 and would like to take a tour :)

Yes, there is a center at Kidani village. Just call them and tell them when you want to see them. We went there and saw a few rooms there and became members. They will also add fastpasses to your magic bands for any ride regardless of joining or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter