Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am excited to be watching to thread over the next few months. Me and my future wife will be at AKL this August for our honeymoon! Great information in this thread. I am sure it has been discussed but Boma for breakfast or dinner? :D

Is it possible to use the pool after checkout, on checkout day? We plan to checkout and go to the parks but wonder if it is possible to return for a mid day swim. If this is possible, are there shower facilities we could use to freshen up before leaving? Thanks!

Is it possible to use the pool after checkout, on checkout day? We plan to checkout and go to the parks but wonder if it is possible to return for a mid day swim. If this is possible, are there shower facilities we could use to freshen up before leaving? Thanks!
Yes! You can stay at the resort until midnight, although the pool closes earlier.

Yes, there is a center at Kidani village. Just call them and tell them when you want to see them. We went there and saw a few rooms there and became members. They will also add fastpasses to your magic bands for any ride regardless of joining or not.

Thanks :) I thought I remember reading about the fastpass thing, good to know!

.....and I'm more than sure that they'd happy to accomodate you....;)

Oh I'm sure they would! lol

There are locker rooms right by the pool and it has showers stocked with liquid soap and towels.

We spent a brief time in the pool on our last day to cool down after the park.

Staying for the first time at AKL in June. I was supposed to eat at Boma when I was at WDW in January, but I had to change those plans so I did not get to scout out the resort. I know the main lobby for Jambo is the 3rd Floor. Is this the main level for restaurants or going out to the pool?

I normally do not make requests, but my special needs sister is not great in elevators. She will want to do somethings on her own, such as go to the food court or lobby. I do not like her going up and down stairs on her own as she has some mobility issues. I am debating on making a floor request, although I do not know if it is worth it or not since I do not think there are many rooms like I have booked (2 Queen Beds w/Roll In Shower). If the room I have booked is only available in a few areas, it will not matter.

I forgot to take pics, but YES Sanaa still offers QS breakfast and it is delightful- the menu looked the same as on the WDW blog, but I don't get why it isn't on their dining page. And it has a sizeable carryout selection- banana bread with chocolate spread, a fruit plate, and a quiche were all SNACK CREDITS. In caps because of the value.

ALSO- I just got back from Kidani. Room 7831. SO I HAVE A GRIPE. They have proverbs all over the hotel, right? And there is one on the 4th floor that is something like "in good times only a goat will suffice, in others we make due with chicken" It's MAKE DO. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER KIDANI. :duck:

It was the one closest to our room so it bothered my brain all week. Ha! Other than that our stay was great. We had a standard view and requested near the pool which is what we got. All of the cast members we met there were great. My kids loved the Kidani pool and splash area, they roasted marshmallows and had a fabulous time.

We stayed at Jambo last year, and loved it, and we stayed at Kidani this year bc Jambo standard view wasn't available and also because we like the pool better there. If staying DVC standard view, Jambo is the way to go for sure. I also admit that I missed having a hot food option in the building at night after the parks.

We also seemed to have worse luck with buses than I have had on any other trip. We regularly waited 20-25 minutes- in prior trips we'd always have one or two waits like that, so maybe our timing was just terrible this trip.

....there are also some lockers and a restroom [ to the left of the Mara as you are leaving the Mara to go to the pool area]...

ALSO- I just got back from Kidani. Room 7831. SO I HAVE A GRIPE. They have proverbs all over the hotel, right? And there is one on the 4th floor that is something like "in good times only a goat will suffice, in others we make due with chicken" It's MAKE DO. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER KIDANI. :duck:.....
....I can definitely see how that might bother you, but best remember from where its origin is and how mindful one should be of other cultures. I'm sure there are things that I wouldn't DREAM of eating [or using or doing, for that matter] that would be the norm somewhere else on our good, green Mother Earth. :flower1:

Staying for the first time at AKL in June. I was supposed to eat at Boma when I was at WDW in January, but I had to change those plans so I did not get to scout out the resort. I know the main lobby for Jambo is the 3rd Floor. Is this the main level for restaurants or going out to the pool?

I normally do not make requests, but my special needs sister is not great in elevators. She will want to do somethings on her own, such as go to the food court or lobby. I do not like her going up and down stairs on her own as she has some mobility issues. I am debating on making a floor request, although I do not know if it is worth it or not since I do not think there are many rooms like I have booked (2 Queen Beds w/Roll In Shower). If the room I have booked is only available in a few areas, it will not matter.

Unfortunately the restaurants and pool are on a lower floor than the lobby and so you will need to use either the elevator or stairs.

SO I HAVE A GRIPE. They have proverbs all over the hotel, right? And there is one on the 4th floor that is something like "in good times only a goat will suffice, in others we make due with chicken" It's MAKE DO. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER KIDANI.

Actually it might be "due" depending which definition you use, examples of other use of the word "due" or synonyms of "due".

"in good times only a goat will surfice, in others we make payment with chicken"

"in good times only a goat will surfice, in others we make suitable with chicken"

Unfortunately the restaurants and pool are on a lower floor than the lobby and so you will need to use either the elevator or stairs.

Thank you, then I probably will not worry about making a request for the third floor. So far, I doubt it would matter as I have only found one room that seems to have 2 Queen Beds with a Roll in Shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter