Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying for the first time at AKL in June. I was supposed to eat at Boma when I was at WDW in January, but I had to change those plans so I did not get to scout out the resort. I know the main lobby for Jambo is the 3rd Floor. Is this the main level for restaurants or going out to the pool?

I normally do not make requests, but my special needs sister is not great in elevators. She will want to do somethings on her own, such as go to the food court or lobby. I do not like her going up and down stairs on her own as she has some mobility issues. I am debating on making a floor request, although I do not know if it is worth it or not since I do not think there are many rooms like I have booked (2 Queen Beds w/Roll In Shower). If the room I have booked is only available in a few areas, it will not matter.
....yes, you care correct in saying that the lobby IS on the 3rd floor, while all eateries are on the 1st floor [Jiko and Boma entrances from within the resort and the Mara is only accessible from outside, near the kiddie pool]....

....I can definitely see how that might bother you, but best remember from where its origin is and how mindful one should be of other cultures. I'm sure there are things that I wouldn't DREAM of eating [or using or doing, for that matter] that would be the norm somewhere else on our good, green Mother Earth. :flower1:

Oh, don't misunderstand my post - I'm ONLY criticizing the artist's grammar/ spelling which I'm sure is just as annoying IRL as it is on the webs :)

Actually it might be "due" depending which definition you use, examples of other use of the word "due" or synonyms of "due".

"in good times only a goat will surfice, in others we make payment with chicken"

"in good times only a goat will surfice, in others we make suitable with chicken"

THANK YOU that makes my head feel better, and the proverb makes sense that way too!!

THANK YOU that makes my head feel better, and the proverb makes sense that way too!!

Glad that this helps. I have been told that my phrasing can be odd at times and I have had to restate sentences with different words. So, when I read this proverb, it made sense to me.

Hello all. What are the pool hours please? Does the Jambo pool now have fence and gate (we last stayed in 2012 and loved it) so no swimming once the lifeguard has gone off duty as no quiet pool? Is it the same at Kidani? We will be travelling in August if hours vary seasonally. Also does Mara still have the daily changing specials in the evening - I remember a yummy salmon meal! Many thanks

Oh, don't misunderstand my post - I'm ONLY criticizing the artist's grammar/ spelling which I'm sure is just as annoying IRL as it is on the webs :)
.....hey, I'm a MATH TEACHER, what do I know about homophones?? I think in NUMBERS!

:rotfl:

Hi everyone,

I am looking to book AKL for August 2018 (I know still a while away). However, google put me about page 160 and it was talking about refurbishments last year? Are they done now? Should I be worried about refurbishments next year?

Thanks,
Hayley.

I have Mother's Day brunch at Boma at 12:45. I'll be at HS that morning. How long will it take to get from HS to AKL by bus? Some members of our group will be driving from HS to AKL. How long will it take to drive there? I was thinking that if we were walking out of HS by 12:00 we should be good but wanted to make sure. Thanks!

I have Mother's Day brunch at Boma at 12:45. I'll be at HS that morning. How long will it take to get from HS to AKL by bus? Some members of our group will be driving from HS to AKL. How long will it take to drive there? I was thinking that if we were walking out of HS by 12:00 we should be good but wanted to make sure. Thanks!

If you're driving 45 minutes should be fine. By bus I would give an hour just to be safe.

Hi all, this is my first time posting in this particular forum. We have an upcoming trip scheduled in mid-July. Hoping to get some more information around timing - we are planning to do the Wanyama Safari on a night that Rivers of Light is scheduled at 9:15. Our current plan is to get a Fast Pass for ROL for that night, but is it even doable to make it to ROL after the Safari? I've read that the Safari portion itself only takes about 90 minutes, but the big ?? I have is how long does the dinner at Jiko take afterwards? Thanks in advance for your help! We're exciting to join the AKL club soon!

I'm staying here this August and we picked Boma over Jiko. Hope if I made the correct choice!
....they are totally different kinds of eateries....Boma, while it is self-serve, offers a wide array of epicurean delights, while Jiko thrills all the senses while boasting a sit-down menu rivaled by none....I love BOTH, but Jiko maintains 5-star dining....

Anyone know if they will be doing ostrich egg painting on Easter again this year?

....you can't go wrong with EITHER!
....they are totally different kinds of eateries....Boma, while it is self-serve, offers a wide array of epicurean delights, while Jiko thrills all the senses while boasting a sit-down menu rivaled by none....I love BOTH, but Jiko maintains 5-star dining....

I picked Boma over Jiko because we can pick and choose what we want without having to stick with one plate. Wish we could try both. Pete said Jiko was his favorite place at WDW. Also I'm getting Boma for $38.50 with my Disney visa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter