Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

Yes. The food court has a grab and go.They also sell milk and a few items in the gift shop.
I think the milk is a little expensive in the gift shop.

Anyone else know?
It's been 3 years since we've been to WDW but when we were there it seemed to us that the milk in the gift shop was cheaper than in the food court :confused3 Like I said, it's been a while so it may have changed.....

pat fan said:
It's been 3 years since we've been to WDW but when we were there it seemed to us that the milk in the gift shop was cheaper than in the food court :confused3 Like I said, it's been a while so it may have changed.....

OOPS...So Sorry ....I think you are right. I meant to say "less" expensive.
Thanks!

my family consists of 8 people so can i have a suite connected to a regular hotel room? how much would that cost? :confused3

how does two all star suites connected look like?

When we were there in May, just looking at the doors and windows through the construction sheeting, it looked like the "end" rooms were not converted.

So it will be possible to get a standard room next to a new suite, but they won't be connecting. You'll have a suite, then the standard room next door, but no door in between them.

abie said:
Thank you so much for your review and helping with my questions =) I am so excited I can barely stand it.

I realize now that my coffee pot question may have been silly .. Does disney provide coffee filters in rooms with pots, or are you expected to bring your own?

If you do need to bring your own, my husband just reminded me that I need to know if it takes basket or cone filters. (HA this is the first resort thing he's cared about. I guess I could have us staying in a dump as long as he is all set to have good coffee in the morning!)

Abie

Disney leaves you coffee in filter pads. You just drop the correct amount of filters in the basket for the amount you want. We have gotten small filter pad coffee for a 4 cup pot and larger ones for the 10 cup pot. You'll know by the package. They are very convenient to use. It should be complementary as it is in moderate and delux rooms. If you need more, just ask housekeeping. Plus they leave condiment packages with sugar and creamers (and you can always pick up extras at the food court). Hope this makes sense. They also leave these coffee/filter pads in the DVC rooms too. They offer leaded and unleaded--your choice.

I was so excited when these opened, that I booked on right away for my trip in October. But since they are not allowed with the DDP I had to cancell and switch to two rooms, hopefully connecting :sad1: I really had my heart settled on staying in one of these rooms, they looks really great and fun. Oh well.

Was just reading over some other threads and looking at the pictures posted of the rooms. We had room 2626 in the Jazz building, and the bed/headboard where not the same as pictured in this thread. I didn't even notice it till today or I would of snap'd some pictures of it. Everything I read said it was a queen size bed, but I'm pretty sure it was not in our room. It was the same size bed we had in the Dolphin the night before, which is a double according to their website.

Picture from the first page of the master bed:
18.jpg

Notice in the picture there is hardly any room between the night stands and wall. There was plenty of space in the room we had. The head board also stop'd at the night stands, it did not go to the walls.

Okay, Now I think I might just try these out in 2008. My DB & Family want the value & we were thinkin about POR. But if the rooms seem to be as nice as what we are starting to hear I think I will have to try them out. Please keep up posted with new points of view as you stay. I t will really help. We might need 2 FS & 1 standard room. Thanks or the info.

sdrsdd said:
Are the pools heated in March at All Stars? Thanks!

Last winter DIS members reported that all of Disney's pools were heated between 78-82 degrees. That is cooler than Disney had been heating them in the winter. They use to heat them about 86 degrees in the winter so many guests did complain.

We have no idea if Disney will decide to heat the pools to a warmer temperature during this coming winter or not.

Time will tell.

I will be staying in an ASMu suite for 5 nights starting next Sat. If there is anything specifically that I can find out about the Suites, Resort, take a picture of, etc.. Please update this thread and I will do my best to get them.

Thanks!
Abie

Just returned Friday from a week long stay in the family suites and they were great. My family and I (DH, DB, DSIL and DNep) stayed in them. We were in room 2650 which was on the 3rd floor of Jazz building #2. I would ditto many of the comments that whetstone had previously posted, especially the air conditioning. My DH likes the room on the cold side and I don't think the temperature ever got down to the temp we had it set at. The resort was pretty crowded during the time we were there (lots of tour groups), but our room was in a good location where we didn't have a lot of noise (DNep took naps each day). The pull out sofa and chair were pretty comfortable to sleep on, but the ottoman was not as comfortable. Mousekeeping was great and we even got some towel animals (little dogs). I didn't really take any pictures of the room because it looked exactly like the pictures posted on this thread. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post.

Packclogger said:
Just returned Friday from a week long stay in the family suites and they were great. My family and I (DH, DB, DSIL and DNep) stayed in them. We were in room 2650 which was on the 3rd floor of Jazz building #2. I would ditto many of the comments that whetstone had previously posted, especially the air conditioning. My DH likes the room on the cold side and I don't think the temperature ever got down to the temp we had it set at. The resort was pretty crowded during the time we were there (lots of tour groups), but our room was in a good location where we didn't have a lot of noise (DNep took naps each day). The pull out sofa and chair were pretty comfortable to sleep on, but the ottoman was not as comfortable. Mousekeeping was great and we even got some towel animals (little dogs). I didn't really take any pictures of the room because it looked exactly like the pictures posted on this thread. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post.

I am happy you enjoyed the suites.
It is good to hear a review from another DIS member!
If the fold outs were down and mousekeeping came in and made up the beds did mousekeeping leave the foldouts in the down position or did they fold them up ?

When you opened the sofa foldout did you leave the soft coffeetable under the foldout or did you move it?
If you moved it where did you put it?

Do you think the AC is now on a motion sensor?
The All Stars did not have have motion sensors in the past so they stayed on even when guests were out of the room.

If they are on motion sensors then the bedroom would get hotter since there would be more movement in the other rooms. Just a thought.

Thanks for your answers and thoughts you have to add.

Minnie61650 - we always folded up the couch everyday as soon as we got up, because my DNep wanted to watch ToonDisney while everyone else was getting ready, so I am not sure whether or not Mousekeeping would fold them back up.

I don't think the soft coffee table would fit under the sofa bed, we just slid it over in front of the window, there was still plenty of room.

Not sure about the motion sensor with the A/C, have not actually heard of that before. After a while, it actually did seem like it cooled okay, but that was probably due to the fact when we returned, it was so hot and humid outside that it seemed really cool inside. :sunny:

Current plans are for all 192 Family Suites to be available on or before January 1, 2007.

The Family Suites will be located in the Calypso and Jazz Inn Buildings. When complete:

Calypso Building 1 will have 32 suites
Calypso Building 10 will have 54 suites
Jazz Inn Building 2 will have 52 suites
Jazz Inn Building 9 will have 54 suites

The suites are located on all three floors, and will be near each other, but none will offer connecting suites. There is no price difference between the buildings.

2006 pricing will be:

$169 plus tax - Value Season (Aug 27 - Oct 4; Nov 26 - Dec 19)
$209 plus tax - Regular Season (Apr 23 - Aug 26; Oct 5 - Nov 25)
$239 plus tax - Peak Season (Mar 6* - Apr 22)
$259 plus tax Holiday Season (Dec 20 - 31)
(* once available)

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

Currently, none of the discount promotional offers will include these suites, (ie, no passholder, FL Resident, AAA, etc) however this may change in the future once all suites are ready, based on occupancy trends.

I would love to know who made the chairs that fold out, and where to get them... I know it's an odd question, but does anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter