Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

minnie61650 said:
Current plans are for all 192 Family Suites to be available on or before January 1, 2007.

The Family Suites will be located in the Calypso and Jazz Inn Buildings. When complete:

Calypso Building 1 will have 32 suites
Calypso Building 10 will have 54 suites
Jazz Inn Building 2 will have 52 suites
Jazz Inn Building 9 will have 54 suites

The suites are located on all three floors, and will be near each other, but none will offer connecting suites. There is no price difference between the buildings.

2006 pricing will be:

$169 plus tax - Value Season (Aug 27 - Oct 4; Nov 26 - Dec 19)
$209 plus tax - Regular Season (Apr 23 - Aug 26; Oct 5 - Nov 25)
$239 plus tax - Peak Season (Mar 6* - Apr 22)
$259 plus tax Holiday Season (Dec 20 - 31)
(* once available)

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

Currently, none of the discount promotional offers will include these suites, (ie, no passholder, FL Resident, AAA, etc) however this may change in the future once all suites are ready, based on occupancy trends.

Thank you once again for the EXCELLENT information Linda. I showed my children pictures of the Calypso pool (at the All-Star Movies Hotel) and they said that they do not mind losing Stormalong Bay (@ the Beach Club) which is where they swam the last time we went to WDW. I guess the decision is up to my husband and I now. See, our favorite resort is Epcot (which was walking distance from the Beach Club Villas where we stayed on our last trip). I just don't know if the move to the All-Star Hotel is worth giving up the walk to Epcot at a moments notice. The decision is killing me. I even dreamt about it Sunday night...lol :rotfl2:

I do have one question however, when I called WDW they told me that peak season began on February 16th. Have you heard differently?

Thanks again Linda!

Kathy :goodvibes

whetstone said:
Was just reading over some other threads and looking at the pictures posted of the rooms. We had room 2626 in the Jazz building, and the bed/headboard where not the same as pictured in this thread. I didn't even notice it till today or I would of snap'd some pictures of it. Everything I read said it was a queen size bed, but I'm pretty sure it was not in our room. It was the same size bed we had in the Dolphin the night before, which is a double according to their website.

Picture from the first page of the master bed:

Has anyone been able to confirm the size of the bed in the FS? :confused3 If it's a double, that could be a deal-breaker for DH and me. We need our space. Those few extra inches make a BIG difference! :)

kath1210 said:
Has anyone been able to confirm the size of the bed in the FS? :confused3 If it's a double, that could be a deal-breaker for DH and me. We need our space. Those few extra inches make a BIG difference! :)

whetstone reported that he thought the bed was the same size as their bed at the Dolphin. The beds at the Dolphin are extra long doubles.

However,Disney has confirmed it is a Queen size bed in the suites. :thumbsup2

More websites describing the family suites and confirming the QUEEN size bed in the master area. :thumbsup2

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/asm-suite-review.html

www.mousesavers.com/allstarmusicsuites.html

http://www.wdwplanner.com/All Star Music.htm

http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/allstarmusic/default.asp

my_try said:
Thank you once again for the EXCELLENT information Linda. I showed my children pictures of the Calypso pool (at the All-Star Movies Hotel) and they said that they do not mind losing Stormalong Bay (@ the Beach Club) which is where they swam the last time we went to WDW. I guess the decision is up to my husband and I now. See, our favorite resort is Epcot (which was walking distance from the Beach Club Villas where we stayed on our last trip). I just don't know if the move to the All-Star Movies Hotel is worth giving up the walk to Epcot at a moments notice. The decision is killing me. I even dreamt about it Sunday night...lol :rotfl2:

I do have one question however, when I called WDW they told me that peak season began on February 16th. Have you heard differently?

Thanks again Linda!

Kathy,
It is always my pleasure to post photos and info about the Family Suites at All Star Music.

According to this website:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates-2007.htm#VALUE

Peak season starts February 15-April 14
Value season is January 1- February 14. So if book your for February 14 or earlier your entire stay will be at value price.

Have a funfilled vacation at Disney wherever you choose to stay!

I just booked my ASMU Suite for May 07. I am so happy. The rooms look so nice from what I saw of the pictures. I live with all men and boys so I can have my own ladies room!!! And having a private area for DH and I will be nice. I have gone back and forth trying to decide which resort to book and for the first time since I started to plan I am sure about my descion!!

my_try said:
Thank you once again for the EXCELLENT information Linda. I showed my children pictures of the Calypso pool (at the All-Star Movies Hotel) and they said that they do not mind losing Stormalong Bay (@ the Beach Club) which is where they swam the last time we went to WDW. I guess the decision is up to my husband and I now. See, our favorite resort is Epcot (which was walking distance from the Beach Club Villas where we stayed on our last trip). I just don't know if the move to the All-Star Movies Hotel is worth giving up the walk to Epcot at a moments notice. The decision is killing me. I even dreamt about it Sunday night...lol :rotfl2:

Thanks again Linda!

I am in the same boat ! We stayed at BCV our last stay the kids loved the pool we were there more than at the parks! But we will have the extended family this time it is there first visit and I think the theming at the All Stars is Superb for kids! So when I found out they opened the suites we booked right away! We are going over Easter!

minnie61650 said:
whetstone reported that he thought the bed was the same size as their bed at the Dolphin. The beds at the Dolphin are extra long doubles.

However,Disney has confirmed it is a Queen size bed in the suites. :thumbsup2

Thanks, Linda! I hope that is right. We have stayed at many hotels that called double beds "queens", so I am a little skeptical. Oh well, if it's a double, DH will just have to camp out with the kids!! :lmao:

abie said:
I will be staying in an ASMu suite for 5 nights starting next Sat. If there is anything specifically that I can find out about the Suites, Resort, take a picture of, etc.. Please update this thread and I will do my best to get them.

Thanks!
Abie

I would love to see your pictures and hear about your trip. We made our reservations for the suites and when the Free Dining Special was announced and we found out we couldn't stay in the suites and use the plan we switched to (hopefully) connecting rooms. This will be our first time at ASMu. We have stayed at ASMo the last two times but, now that Dd's are 12 we thought we would try something new.
This trp has grown and is also our first trip as a Grand Gathering, 11 of us. So now we have a total of 4 rooms...

Have a great trip!

kath1210 said:
Thanks, Linda! I hope that is right. We have stayed at many hotels that called double beds "queens", so I am a little skeptical. Oh well, if it's a double, DH will just have to camp out with the kids!! :lmao:

Knowing my luck, only room 2626 has the "double" size bed. I know the headboard was different then in the pictures posted and there was more room between the walls/bed and the night stands. I might just be spoiled by our king bed, but it sure didn't feel any bigger then any other hotels double beds.

Wow! I had no idea they were doing anything like this. I'll have to remember this for our nexr trip.

I made a seperate post but I'll copy it here. I'll have pics in a couple of days after we sort through them all....

Me, DH, and DS11 just got back from 5 nights in the All Star Music Suites.

We were in 2436 in the Jazz building. The room was on one of the rows that shoot straight back toward the parking lot about 3/4 of the way down on the first floor. Basically you make a right at the drum set and head straight back.

The location was very quiet. I don't think we heard a single person the whole week. It was not far away from the pool or main area.

The room was perfect for us. DS slept in the living room area and DH and I slept in the bedroom.

DS had a lot of fun trying all the different beds in the living area. He proclaimed that the couch bed was great for at night but the chair bed was best for naps. He didn't like the footstool bed but said it would be good for a smaller kid.

The only complaint I have about the room is that the bathroom for the master bedroom area is on the other side of the kitchen. It would have been nicer for me if it was within the master bedroom area, or if there was a door to the kitchen area that could be closed. I had to be careful not to wake DS going to the bathroom at night, and no walking around nekkid between the bedroom and bathroom.

Mouskeeping did a great job all week. The resort was clean, everyone was very friendly.

We only used the food court for snacks but I did see people eating burgers and pizzas. They seemed to be enjoying them.

The bus service was excellent! I could not believe how easy it was. I was very concerned about this when I went but the longest wait we had for an all stars bus was 10 minutes. One night we left MK after wishes. There were a ton of people and I was worried we would have a long wait. Within 10 minutes 3 busses stopped. We were on the third bus and the line was empty after that.

Sharing with Sports was soooo not a big deal. It's right next door and added about 2 minutes to our trips on the way back. On the way to the parks we never had to get into a crowded bus, even though they had stopped at sports first.

We took a cab to Boma and hopped on the AK bus to Magic Kingdom. We did wait about 15-20 minutes there.

Having the extra space, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, 2 tvs, these things made the trip so much nicer than being crammed in one room with 2 double beds. I would choose this over a moderate or delux if it's the 3 of us going again.

Couple of other tidbits.

The Bed - i think it is a queen. It seemed bigger than the sofa bed in the living room that was a double. I didn't measure it but both me and DHs assessment was it was bigger.

Coffee Maker - The coffee Maker takes 4 inch basket filters. We took the cones instead and they worked fine. We didn't take enough, but we reused them (for 2 pots in the same morning) We checked the gift shop and they do not sell filters, so don't forget to take them.

abie said:
I made a seperate post but I'll copy it here. I'll have pics in a couple of days after we sort through them all....

Me, DH, and DS11 just got back from 5 nights in the All Star Music Suites.

We were in 2436 in the Jazz building. The room was on one of the rows that shoot straight back toward the parking lot about 3/4 of the way down on the first floor. Basically you make a right at the drum set and head straight back.

The location was very quiet. I don't think we heard a single person the whole week. It was not far away from the pool or main area.

The room was perfect for us. DS slept in the living room area and DH and I slept in the bedroom.

DS had a lot of fun trying all the different beds in the living area. He proclaimed that the couch bed was great for at night but the chair bed was best for naps. He didn't like the footstool bed but said it would be good for a smaller kid.

The only complaint I have about the room is that the bathroom for the master bedroom area is on the other side of the kitchen. It would have been nicer for me if it was within the master bedroom area, or if there was a door to the kitchen area that could be closed. I had to be careful not to wake DS going to the bathroom at night, and no walking around nekkid between the bedroom and bathroom.

Mouskeeping did a great job all week. The resort was clean, everyone was very friendly.

We only used the food court for snacks but I did see people eating burgers and pizzas. They seemed to be enjoying them.

The bus service was excellent! I could not believe how easy it was. I was very concerned about this when I went but the longest wait we had for an all stars bus was 10 minutes. One night we left MK after wishes. There were a ton of people and I was worried we would have a long wait. Within 10 minutes 3 busses stopped. We were on the third bus and the line was empty after that.

Sharing with Sports was soooo not a big deal. It's right next door and added about 2 minutes to our trips on the way back. On the way to the parks we never had to get into a crowded bus, even though they had stopped at sports first.

We took a cab to Boma and hopped on the AK bus to Magic Kingdom. We did wait about 15-20 minutes there.

Having the extra space, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, 2 tvs, these things made the trip so much nicer than being crammed in one room with 2 double beds. I would choose this over a moderate or delux if it's the 3 of us going again.

What a great review abie!
Thanks for much for sharing.
I am so glad everything went well for your family and you enjoyed your stay there.

DH and I are looking forward to trying the Suites out in September.

Hi Abie! Sounds like you had a great experience with the ASMu and suites. I recently read on the boards that the Fantasia pool at the ASMo will be closed for renovations during our visit so we are not disappointed any longer that we switched to the ASMu. This will be our first time there. Although we did not qualify for the suites, with free dining this time, we will try them in the future. Can't wait to see your pics!!!!! :Pinkbounc

I have a question. We have 5 adults. Would we be charged $10 for each adult over the 2 adults per room like the regular resort rooms?

baileybelle said:
I have a question. We have 5 adults. Would we be charged $10 for each adult over the 2 adults per room like the regular resort rooms?

Woo Hoo :woohoo:

Great news. The Suites are a set price just like the villas. 1-6 adults can sleep in the suites for the same price! :thumbsup2

Let the party begin! party: :banana: :dance3: :cool1: :yay: :jumping2:

Those are good prices. We have stayed at the Allstar resorts a few times. never had any complaints. Larger rooms would be nice.

The room was wonderful. We were on the 3rd floor of Jazz 2. Not too terribly far from the food court or bus stops, in my opinion, and smack dab between both pools. We had plenty of room, and the beds were all comfortable. Believe me, I slept in them all, with all the bed changing and sleepwalking my DS and DD were doing. We had great mousekeeping, with towel animals or a window display every single day but one! Everyone was helpful and nice. The pool was never terribly crowded. The food court was crowded if we were there at 9:00 a.m. which we only did once. Bus service was great - we never waited very long and the buses were never too crowded except on the EMH morning at MK that we braved. We never heard noises from other guests. All in all it was a wonderful stay. I will be posting restaurant and dining plan info and reviews, too, in a few days, after I do laundry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter