Disneyland's Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique

OK, so I have some questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've read the posts above (some of which are now rather old), and these are sort of answered, but I want to make sure.

1) If you don't do the "castle" package, can you still get pictures? Does it cost extra? We will have the photopass plus card - does that help in any way with these pictures (e.g. free prints or something)?

2) How long do you really need to allow (assume we're not picking out a dress)?

3) Do pretty much all kids wear a princess dress? If my daughter had some other dress, or even just her touring the park clothes, would it seem totally out of place there?

4) Does the hairstyle/makeup tend to stay on all day? If we did BBB in the morning, would it still be similar by dinnertime, or does it tend to always get messed up by rides and such?

Thanks!

3) we brought along DD's princess dress to the park, knowing she would not want to wear it all day. Nobody will blink an eye if your DD wears a princess dress or not

4) DD hairstyle stayed alllllll day and allllll night. She has a lot of hair and it was pretty long too. She chose the bun hairstyle and there was not one fly away!!

Are there Merida dresses? And if we bring our own dress, will they lay it out in the other room and do the whole big reveal?

Still not clear whether the photo pass plus covers these pics?

Are there Merida dresses? And if we bring our own dress, will they lay it out in the other room and do the whole big reveal?

The Disney store sells several Merida dresses - they are beautiful! Look on line, I believe they are having an extra 25% off sale thru the weekend.

Sorry cant answer your other questions...

They do have a Merida dress, but they were warning everyone how warm the dress is (of course it was 95 degrees on the day we went!). As for the pictures, our photo pass plus only covered the pics taken during the makeover and reveal. The studio package still cost $29.95, which we opted for (couldn't see spending that much on the dress and experience and not having professional pics done without all the crowds in the background).

The Merida dress is SUPER hot! I'm not sure if they have it in BBB (but I'd be very surprised if they didn't, she's huge right now) but I know they have it at the world of disney store.

If you want them to do the "big reveal" with a dress you brought in make sure you tell them when you check in and then again just before they're going to walk you back. They didn't do it the last time when we went with a friend who'd never been even though I asked them too at check in and I was kind of bummed for her.

If you want to have photos taken I would allow for at least 1.5 hrs, not 45 mins as the poster said above. It occasionally takes a bit of time to get in and I've seen it backed up a bit for the photos. They try to keep things moving but delays occur.

Finally, you will see everything from kids in their shorts/tshirts and very fancy princess dresses... its all good and they will make every girl feel special no matter the clothing and hairstyle choice she makes.

The hair will easily stay all day. The make up not so much because they do put it on very lightly. No worries, they give you the extra make up to take home so you can easily provide touch ups for your little princess!

My dd has done BBB 3 times and loved it each time. We're booked to do it again in sept when we go to WDW.

Sorry, my 45 minute quote was for makeover only and if she already had a dress. When DD did it, we did the castle package and it took an hour and a half. She has really long hair too.
I don't know 100% if they will let you do the photo shoot if you are not buying the photo package. I have heard people have been able to do it at times when it isn't busy or backed up.The photos can take a while.
They do sell the Merida dress at the resorts (DD has one). I imagine it would be impossible to wear during summer in FL or CA. She wants to wear it to the Halloween party which should be okay that time of year in the evening.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

My daughter managed to keep her hair done for 3 days (with some help), then she couldn't stand it anymore!

Day 1
IMG_8702.jpg

Day 2
IMG_8727.jpg

Day 3
IMG_8811.jpg

BBB is not on the list of attractions that allow you take advantage of the PP+. The actual lanyard you receive has two cards with it, one is the actual pass (credit card sized) and a second one half the size that tells you where it can be used for the plus additions.

Few questions I want to get the bun and tiara for my daughter is it hard to take out of there hair at night? Cuz I have other Disney dresses for each day and I want to do her hair differently for them for example her tangled dress I want to French braid her hair and put flowers in it.
Also I'm getting just her hair done and she's wearing her own princess dress I got her but I would like the professional pictures too. I have the photo pass+ do I get them for free with that? Or is there an option to add the professional photos? If so how much? Thank u!

I called yesterday to get pricing and was told that you can add the pictures for $30. We are planning on doing the same thing in December. When are you going? I would love to hear a report if you go before us.
Kerri

Does anyone have advice on getting dresses? I was thinking Halloween sale but I'm guessing they go quick. I would like to have several dresses for different days.

lurpee said:
I called yesterday to get pricing and was told that you can add the pictures for $30. We are planning on doing the same thing in December. When are you going? I would love to hear a report if you go before us.
Kerri

I will be going on August 24 I will let u know! And that's not to bad I hope my photo pass will let me have them for free.
Anyone know about the hair part of my question? Was it hard to get out?

Does anyone have advice on getting dresses? I was thinking Halloween sale but I'm guessing they go quick. I would like to have several dresses for different days.

You could try *this* ebay seller, if she doesn't seem to have what you're looking for you could contact her, if she has what you need she'll post it *you'll want to get it *buy it now* b4 anyone else does. I've done that a couple times.
She has the same dresses available at the Disney Parks her prices however are much lower, not sure how she does it but I don't mind at all.

My granddaughter had a wonderful time at BBB. Here's from getting ready, a work in progress and a happy princess.

SunglassesCinderella.jpg

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

Hi :goodvibes

Has anyone had the new courtyard package yet? The only photos I can find are from WDW & I wanted to know if the hairstyle will be the same as that.

Thanks.

Forgive me for not reading through all 16 pages, but can adults do this?

We are going to be there next month for halloween and are doing a Mickey's Halloween party. I want to suprise the family with something fun. I got reservations for myself, my wife, and my DS(3yrs) to go to Pirates League and get done up, but I am wondering if Wifey would rather get the Princess theme instead?

Would it be cheesey for her to do this?

Forgive me for not reading through all 16 pages, but can adults do this?

We are going to be there next month for halloween and are doing a Mickey's Halloween party. I want to suprise the family with something fun. I got reservations for myself, my wife, and my DS(3yrs) to go to Pirates League and get done up, but I am wondering if Wifey would rather get the Princess theme instead?

Would it be cheesey for her to do this?

I just booked this am for my daughter and I asked can I get done to as a mom daughter thing and she said no it was 13 to 3 years old :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter