Disneyland's Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
The Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique opened in April 2009, and is located in Fantasyland.

This is the view of the shop as you look at it from the castle.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

As you enter Fantasyland, it is on the left side across from Peter Pan, and next to Snow White.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

At the entrance to the boutique Fairy Godmothers in Training greet guests as they pass by, and will sprinkle you with pixie dust if you wish.

I was dusted by this young maiden as I was about to pass by. The ladies are extremely friendly and accommodating.

ry%3D480

There are two entrances to the boutique. The sign is over the main entrance.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The Boutique is charmingly decorated as a cottage, and the detail to the decorations is really enchanting.

The theme is Cinderella, and you will see touches throughout the castle of the little characters, as well as other touches. The attention to detail is just wonderful.

ry%3D480

Take a look at Cinderella's dress above, and you may see some evidence that this boutique is no ordinary shop, but quite magical in Disney's way.

ry%3D480

In the shop you will see samples of the beautiful princess dresses available.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Behind the cash register guests get a glimpse of Flora, Fauna, and Meriweather.

ry%3D480

This wall separates the boutique from the shop. The colors and detail in the stained glass window is just beautiful.

ry%3D480

The shop is filled with outfits with coordinating accessories.

ry%3D480

Each princess theme comes with a dress, slippers/shoes, , tiara, gloves, barrettes, and other fun accessories.

ry%3D480

Here are the displays for Belle and Jasmine.

ry%3D480

This gives you an idea how the dresses and accessories are next to each other for easy shopping.

ry%3D480

Here is Snow White. The dress was across from the accessories.

ry%3D480

Wall of princess hats, and princess ears. There were so many things to choose from, but at the same time, the shop is so well-laid out that it is not overwhelming. There were quite a few happy little girls shopping, and some happier girls getting make-overs.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Here girls can choose what they want to go into their hair.

ry%3D480

There is even a section for Tink.

ry%3D480

Even young knights will find something here. As I walked past, I saw a young man brandishing a sword. He saw me watching him, and sheepishly put the sword back. I laughed & told him my 20-year old son would be doing the same thing.

ry%3D480

The boutique sits at the back of the shop where Fairy Godmothers in training are waiting to transform little girls into princesses for the day. There are also Disney photographers to capture the moments. Parents are also welcome.

ry%3D480

Each person will have one to two Fairy Godmothers in Training (FGiT) to dress and pamper them. This view is looking toward the front. The shop is on the other side of the wall.

ry%3D480

Lindsey was kind enough to let me take a picture of her. The birds on the drapes are not just decorations. They are holding the curtains closed.

ry%3D480

Here a young lady has just been made up. With a twinkling sound, the birds open the drapes, revealing a mirror to view the handiwork. I thought this was such a nice touch.

ry%3D480

I received permission from this little princess's mother to take her picture. She was a little shy at first. The young FGMiT is the one who did her makeover. She got the complete package, from the top of her head to the tips of her shoes.

ry%3D480

Look at that smile. She was so adorable in her little outfit.

ry%3D480

The detail to the makeover is subtle, and the young princesses look enchanting when they're done.

ry%3D480

This is the second entrance/exit to the shop from the inside and the outside view.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

From the Disneyland Site:

Girls 3 years old and above can choose from three hair styles — Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva and Pop Princess — available in three packages:

• The Coach Package includes hairstyle, shimmering make-up, princess sash, princess cinch sac and body jewels — $44.95, plus tax.
  • The Crown Package includes hairstyle, shimmering makeup, princess sash, princess cinch sac, body jewels and nail polish — $49.95, plus tax.
  • The Castle Package includes hairstyle, shimmering makeup, princess sash, princess cinch sac, body jewels, nail polish, princess gown of choice, wand, shoes and portrait package courtesy of Disney's PhotoPass® Service (assorted prints in themed folder). Determined by the choice of princess gown and shoes, price ranges from $195.85 to $205.85.
For reservations, please call (714) 781-STYLE or (714) 781-7895.

Please remember that Guests must be at least 3 years of age. Merchandise available in children sizes only. Selection may vary. Please notify us of any cancellations at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. Children must be accompanied by an adult age 18 years or older during the entire experience. All prices, packages and information are subject to change without notice. Merchandise available while supplies last. Separate theme park admission is required.

Well, I have to say that I was very impressed with the Bibbidy Bobbity Boutique. The shop itself is enchantingly beautiful and the cast members were friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this.

I pulled these off of another thread. Great description and pictures.

We went yesterday (Friday the 17th) which was the first "official" day of opening though they'd done some hairstyles the week prior, I'm told.

We had an appt for my 5 yr old daughter. Grandparents paid for the 'big' package (the one with the dress and photos) (only grandchild).

I have to say that the Fairy Godmothers in Training (CM's) did an absolutely fabulous job. They all played the part perfectly. My DD was in "stun" mode, I think... in awe.

She got to pick out her dress (Aurora's pink dress). Then she got to pick one of the 3 hairstyles they do... I think the one she chose was "Princess Diva". Her hair was put in a bun and she got to pick the colour of hairpiece to add to it (she picked pink to match the dress). While one Godmother did her hair, the other painted her nails (a very pale pink) and did her makeup (very pale colours and probably only noticeable to my DD... not 'scary' at all).

DD got to pick a stick-on jewel for her cheek and got to pick a ring as well. When all was done, she got to go for a photo shoot in the room in the back. It's a well set-up studio with a carriage as well as a grassy area with the woodland animals.

The entire time, my DD was called "Princess" (DH and I were King and Queen)... taught how to wave 'properly' (so cute!), asked about what "Kingdom" she was from, etc. I have nothing but the highest of compliments to pay to those CM's.

The boutique itself is so pretty too... the floors you may have seen in other features but they look like wood with flowers blooming through the cracks. The light fixtures are also fantastic... I hope I took a pic of those, but I haven't checked the memory card yet.

We went to Ariel's Grotto for breakfast afterward and I'm sure this day was the highlight of our trip.

Oh yes, also special was the attention paid by the occasional CM throughout the parks... from the random CM who would just wave while walking by and say "good morning princess" to the security guard at the DLH who bowed and held open the door telling her that her castle was 'secured'... :-)

Forgot to mention... DD also got a cinch bag that included the makeup, nailpolish and hairbrush.

Please feel free to ask me any questions if you've got 'em!

I went before BBB was officially open, but the store half was, so I took only a few pics. The store part was like Once Upon A Time princess shoppe w/ princess dresses, but instead of taking pics of the merch, I took it of the cute decor. Not much, but this is what I took:

outside:

IMG_2873.jpg

inside:

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

OH WOW! Thanks so much for posting this... It has changed inside. I am very excited to check this out.

We have already booked a makeover for my 6 year old daughter next Wednesday for her birthday! Since she will be getting a gift card as her birthday reward, can she use it inside BBB?

Q

I"m so happy I'm in tears!!!! My DD is going to absolutely love this!!!!! It's a total surprise for her, heheheh. Mary Jo thanks so much for posting pictures! I love how they pull back the curtains to let the little girls see their *transformations*!!

Adults can get make overs too, right? I had my hair done at the WDW Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique last year and would like to do the same for my birthday at Disneyland. How far in advance do you need to make a reservation?

Mel

Adults can get make overs too, right? I had my hair done at the WDW Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique last year and would like to do the same for my birthday at Disneyland. How far in advance do you need to make a reservation?

Mel

60 days same as PS

From the AP site (under See What's In Store For You) it shows:

The Knight Package (for boys) includes a hairstyle with colored gel and a shield and sword — $12.95

If you go there again, or if anyone else would like to find out, could you ask them if the sword that comes with the option is the foam sword that goes with the foam Prince Philip shield shown below (the sword on the left), or if the sword shown on the right can be substituted? Please and thank you in advance.

ry%3D480

DS does need that sword/shield set to be replaced, but he's also been wanting the sword on the right, and I think he'd quite like having the colored gel hairstyle. He also likes hanging out with girlie girls, being called a prince, and meeting the adult women who take care of the princesses (he got the autographs of the Ladies in Waiting back when the PFF was in full swing), so I think the Knight package would be fun for him for his birthday, but I do want to know about the sword ahead of time. (and I don't think I could explain it well on the phone, especially if the PS people aren't actually there in the shop)

Thanks!

Thank you so much for posting this, MJ! I have no kids, but I get excited at princess-y stuff and this looks fantastic!

Thank you so much for sharing! I think this will be a better experience for little girls than the Libby Lou was. The stained glass is impressive!

There is one question I have, shouldn't they have themed this location to Sleeping Beauty rather than Cinderella being that it is part of her castle? It would have been so cool to do something with the three good fairies, a different color for each little girl's chair, something with the lighting. I think it is a good concept, but I just get a little bummed that Sleeping Beauty tends to get forgotten often because Cinderella has a bigger castle and more fans.

OMG, DD9 is a HUGE Cinderella fan, she will LOVE this!!!!!!! I am going to make ressies for myself and the girls to get makeovers for my bday....lol Seriously, I think this will be FUN!!!!! I need to get on that, get our ressies for BBB and for WCT. I think we are going to try to do the BBQ this weekend while we are there instead of for my bday. :) I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, DD9 is a HUGE Cinderella fan, she will LOVE this!!!!!!! I am going to make ressies for myself and the girls to get makeovers for my bday....lol Seriously, I think this will be FUN!!!!! I need to get on that, get our ressies for BBB and for WCT. I think we are going to try to do the BBQ this weekend while we are there instead of for my bday. :) I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay: :yay: Kerri, let us know how it is!!! princess:

DD was Jasmine for Halloween and the costume is in perfect condition. I wonder if I can bring the costume with me and just do the hair package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter