Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

So we try and stay in our county, but yesterday, when my little one told me that her lovie was her best friend because she doesn’t have friends anymore because of Covid, my heart broke. So this morning I surprised them with a trip to Downtown Disney. We spent a ton of money at World of Disney, and had a great time. We arrived about 11:45, and crowds were low. When we left at 2, it was more crowded. Everyone wore masks, and anyone walking and drinking or eating was told to stop. We went and said hello to Disneyland, and I cried. I miss it so much. It feels like this huge void.... this wonderful place we used to visit at least once a month. It felt so good to be on property. I don’t feel like it’s any riskier than Costco or the grocery store. Really looking forward to the day we can walk on Main Street again. My heart goes out to the other businesses and hotels in Anaheim.... I cannot imagine how much they are struggling. If anyone can successfully and safely open a theme park during a pandemic, Disney can, and we need to get it open. If you disagree, that’s fine, but I have zero interest in discussing that or in being told how wrong you think I am. Thanks. I’ve attached a photo of my beauties.
So say we all!

Disneyland's reopening depends almost entirely on those stats, though. Why can't we look at the numbers and apply any speculation that results from either an increase or decrease in the metrics being looked at for reopening?
No one ever said that the stats could not be discussed. Look through over 150 pages of this thread: stats are being discussed as they relate to DLR's reopening. No one ever said that you couldn't
"look at the numbers and apply... the results.. being looked at for reopening." If the comments are clearly relating to DLR's reopening, i.e. on topic, fine. But some of the comments are not doing this -- they are taking off on their own to discuss the stats in the poster's home area (which is not near or related to DLR) or they are taking off on a political discussion or just going out of bounds for whatever reason. If the post is not on topic, it will be deleted. This has been repeated many times.

How is this on topic?
We have posters who are concerned about having to wear masks in the parks all day and we've had questions about these zones earlier in this thread. DLR has not given any official answer about mask relaxation zones in the parks (although there is one in DTD), but we can get information from what we see at WDW, e.g. how many per park, how far apart, how big, etc. DLR's zones may not look exactly the same, but similar ideas should apply. The official news from WDW can help anyone following this thread with special needs who will be planning for a DLR visit.

I'm sorry, I have not read all 157 pages of this thread so excuse me if this has been addressed previously...

What are everyone's thoughts on what park Reservations will look like at DLR? I know WDW is allowing one park/day with no hopping, but with DLR being much smaller do you think they will be allowing your park reservation to include both parks daily? Perhaps only if staying on-site?

My DD and I have been planning our very first trip to DLR for July 2021…it's actually been my dream trip for many, many years. Depending on how things reopen, we may delay it for a year which really bums me out but I'm just in a gathering information phase at the moment.

I'm sorry, I have not read all 157 pages of this thread so excuse me if this has been addressed previously...

What are everyone's thoughts on what park Reservations will look like at DLR? I know WDW is allowing one park/day with no hopping, but with DLR being much smaller do you think they will be allowing your park reservation to include both parks daily? Perhaps only if staying on-site?

My DD and I have been planning our very first trip to DLR for July 2021…it's actually been my dream trip for many, many years. Depending on how things reopen, we may delay it for a year which really bums me out but I'm just in a gathering information phase at the moment.
This is a very good question. You are asking in the right place! DLR has not said much about their upcoming reservation system -- only that there will certainly be one, that more information will be coming, and that priority will be given to on site guests (who already have room reservations and tickets) and APs. There are people who are positive that park hopping will be allowed and people who don't think it will be allowed. Place your bets now! Most people do seem to think that staying on site will give more advantage over staying off site, but we have no official word on that right now. DLR has been very quiet recently, and we have no reopening date to go by yet, so keep following this thread and the Official Reopening Thread on the main DLR board to keep up with all the news as it gets announced.

I wish I could find clear information on whether or not Disneyland Tokyo allows park hopping, but my Google powers don't seem to work.
Disney World doesn't allow it, Disneyland Paris does allow it. I do think the latter only allows park hopping because The Studios at Disneyland Paris are less than a half day park when you take out the shows and there are hardly any queues. With all the refurbishments that just started before the lockdown, charging full price for this park is already a stretch. I think for Paris they calculate their cap for both parks combined.

As California Adventure is a full day park, you could advocate for no park hopping allowed. On the other hand, Like in Paris, the two parks are within walking distance. People park hopping in WDW means making use of transportation, which increase more contact between people as social distancing on a bus is hard (and you need many more buses).

I wish I could find clear information on whether or not Disneyland Tokyo allows park hopping,
TDLR guests have to purchase a 1-day ticket for TDL or Disney Seas. It doesn’t allow park hopping. TDLR isn’t owned by Disney so their opening protocol doesn’t affect how DLR is run.

WDW is running their parks with capped attendance ~ similar to a special event or invitation-only soft open without hopping - they plan for not going over a specific number of guests. For today at WDW, I can book park reservations for MK using the tickets in my account. So, MK hasn’t reached their attendance cap today for regular ticket holders and neither have the other 3 parks.

If DLR allows park hopping, the overall total of guests will be less than if each park had their own capped attendance.

TDLR guests have to purchase a 1-day ticket for TDL or Disney Seas. It doesn’t allow park hopping. TDLR isn’t owned by Disney so their opening protocol doesn’t affect how DLR is run.

WDW is running their parks with capped attendance ~ similar to a special event or invitation-only soft open without hopping - they plan for not going over a specific number of guests. For today at WDW, I can book park reservations for MK using the tickets in my account. So, MK hasn’t reached their attendance cap today for regular ticket holders and neither have the other 3 parks.

If DLR allows park hopping, the overall total of guests will be less than if each park had their own capped attendance.

I do not agree that because TDLR is not owned by Disney they cannot take inspiration on how certain things are handled. Just like Disney is probably looking at different themeparks how they manage their crowds and caps. There aren't many themeparks with several gates.

We have posters who are concerned about having to wear masks in the parks all day and we've had questions about these zones earlier in this thread. DLR has not given any official answer about mask relaxation zones in the parks (although there is one in DTD), but we can get information from what we see at WDW, e.g. how many per park, how far apart, how big, etc. DLR's zones may not look exactly the same, but similar ideas should apply. The official news from WDW can help anyone following this thread with special needs who will be planning for a DLR visit.
We specifically asked a security CM about this and he said that masks needed to be on at all times in DTD unless you were eating/drinking while being stationary. Where is the mask relaxation zone supposed to be? Thanks!

As California Adventure is a full day park, you could advocate for no park hopping allowed. On the other hand, Like in Paris, the two parks are within walking distance. People park hopping in WDW means making use of transportation, which increase more contact between people as social distancing on a bus is hard (and you need many more buses).
That is interesting because I think a lot of people do not consider DCA an all day park. I know we struggle to find things to do there if we do not have park hopper tickets. We usually end up leaving early. Curious what the DLR will do about this🤔

We specifically asked a security CM about this and he said that masks needed to be on at all times in DTD unless you were eating/drinking while being stationary. Where is the mask relaxation zone supposed to be? Thanks!...
Someone posted in another thread (the DTD Reopening thread?) that the Mask Relaxation Zone there is near/where the M&F tram loading area is. (Thanks, @midnight star !) We looked a little when walking by, but didn't see anyone there. Most of the people without masks who we saw were sitting at tables or on planters while eating ice cream or having a cold drink. That's one nice thing about DTD: there are lots of places all along the way where you can stop to have a snack or a drink and get a short mask break at the same time.

Someone posted in another thread (the DTD Reopening thread?) that the Mask Relaxation Zone there is near/where the M&F tram loading area is. (Thanks, @midnight star !) We looked a little when walking by, but didn't see anyone there. Most of the people without masks who we saw were sitting at tables or on planters while eating ice cream or having a cold drink. That's one nice thing about DTD: there are lots of places all along the way where you can stop to have a snack or a drink and get a short mask break at the same time.
Same. I saw a couple of people sitting on the benches there without masks spaced out. But the 2nd time I went no one was sitting. DTD has a lot of open space to sit and drink and eat if you need a break.

Same. I saw a couple of people sitting on the benches there without masks spaced out. But the 2nd time I went no one was sitting. DTD has a lot of open space to sit and drink and eat if you need a break.
Which makes me wonder about the parks. Remember Project Stardust and how the benches were disappearing to widen the walkways? I hope they put at least some of the benches back so that there will be places to sit along the sidelines when you want to eat your churro or enjoy a cold drink.

On park hopping:

My guess is that park hopping will be allowed for:

-Signature and Sig+ APs possibly also Deluxe

-Ticket holders who ALREADY have park hopper tickets purchased and in their possession.

I think the following will not be able to park hop:

-Flex AP holders (will only be able to reserve one park per day)

-So Cal AP holders (since they are priced FAR lower, this is how Disney will keep the value of the higher APs)

-New ticket sales (when they resume, my guess is they won't be selling park hopper tickets for awhile).

I ALSO think park hopping will be based on availability. So, even if you CAN park hop, you won't be able to if the park is at capacity at any given point in the day. I imagine a red light green light system in the app that will let people know the status of each park throughout the day.

In my opinion, they will definitely allow park hopping to a limited group of people.

On park hopping:

My guess is that park hopping will be allowed for:

-Signature and Sig+ APs possibly also Deluxe

-Ticket holders who ALREADY have park hopper tickets purchased and in their possession.

I think the following will not be able to park hop:

-Flex AP holders (will only be able to reserve one park per day)

-So Cal AP holders (since they are priced FAR lower, this is how Disney will keep the value of the higher APs)

-New ticket sales (when they resume, my guess is they won't be selling park hopper tickets for awhile).

I ALSO think park hopping will be based on availability. So, even if you CAN park hop, you won't be able to if the park is at capacity at any given point in the day. I imagine a red light green light system in the app that will let people know the status of each park throughout the day.

In my opinion, they will definitely allow park hopping to a limited group of people.
I have a deluxe AP, but I purchased two 2-day park hopping tickets before they stopped selling them for this reason! I was hoping park hopping would be available!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter