Future Ship Names

Whilst the official line has been no more for a while it's very funny because I have heard the rumour back this very week, keep them peeled.

The shareholders meeting made it very clear that they wanted to prioritise new ports rather than new ships but the lead in time for design and build is so long that with the Magic and Wonder getting older they do need to be replaced so there are rumours of two new ships now.

I think one will have a name played on the Magic and take over as the flagship of the fleet, A bit like Star Trek and the Enterprise, there will be a tie to the Magic . I add I do not think there will be an announcement just yet but They are working on it.
It is now official that three new ships will be added to the fleet in 2021, 2022, and 2023.

Yeah. We will probably get stuck with lame names like Disney Princess, Disney Delight and Disney Wish.

I have not gone back over the whole thread -- but when did it become three new ships? I thought the original announcement was for two?

SOOO, being bored today (no students around), I went through this thread and gathered all the future name suggestions. I combined similar names and didn't include any that were based on main Disney characters. If I forgot any, I apologize in advance. And I came up with two more that I added -- Disney Beyond and Disney Jewel:

Disney....

Adventure
Believe
Beyond
Celebration
Classic
Discover/Discovery
Enchanted/Enchantment
Experience
Explorer
Figment
Flight
Frontier
Future
Happy/Happiness
Hyperion
Imagine/Imagination
Jewel
Legacy
Marvel
Neverland
'Ohana
Pearl
Princess/Prince
Progress
Pixar
Pixie dust
Radiance
Seas
Spark/Sparkle
Star
Starbright/Starlight
Tomorrow
Venture
Vista
Whimsy
Wish/Wishes

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter