Future Ship Names

My personal guess, is about 2019ish. First ship if I'm not mistaken is 2021, and im guessing around febish since historically that's when all 4 ships were supposed to debut (Magic class is the exception because they were delayed by Carnival but they we're scheduled for march or april of 98 and 99) so figure about Sept.ish of 19 give or take for bookings.

I believe the first MV sail date for the Magic was March 12, then it got pushed to April, then finally we sailed the MV on July 30, 1998. I have the first brochure somewhere around.

And now we have to think of 3 new names....that is so exciting!!! I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the announcement last week.

MJ

I believe the first MV sail date for the Magic was March 12, then it got pushed to April, then finally we sailed the MV on July 30, 1998. I have the first brochure somewhere around.

And now we have to think of 3 new names....that is so exciting!!! I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the announcement last week.

MJ
I was thinking of you the other day. Found my tix from when DCL used to give you actual hard tix for excursions and dinner.

I couldnt remember the exact time frame from the Magic, but I know the Dream and Fantasy were early in the year. It'll be really interesting with 3 new ships what DCL has up there sleeves.

I was thinking of you the other day. Found my tix from when DCL used to give you actual hard tix for excursions and dinner.

I couldnt remember the exact time frame from the Magic, but I know the Dream and Fantasy were early in the year. It'll be really interesting with 3 new ships what DCL has up there sleeves.

When did they stop giving tickets for excursions? We got them on the Magic in Feb. One with the dining rotation as well.

When did they stop giving tickets for excursions? We got them on the Magic in Feb. One with the dining rotation as well.
It's a different ticket from years ago. When I get gome hopefully sometime today I'll post a picture of it. Last excursion we took on the Dream it wasn't the same ticket so to speak.

It's a different ticket from years ago. When I get gome hopefully sometime today I'll post a picture of it. Last excursion we took on the Dream it wasn't the same ticket so to speak.

Oh, ok.

at the gold reception on the Magic recently, they asked for a couple of suggestions for names for the new ships. Someone came up with 2 pretty appropriate names for Disney Cruising

Disney Obsession
Disney Addiction

That pretty much describes our thoughts less than a week after our cruise on the Magic. Can't wait to the next one and kudos to the person who had these names

Well that was me, if your were on The Southern Caribbean back to Port Canaveral...... hahahahaha :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I had also said that on the board a few years ago too.
I agree that they aren't good names to be written on the ships........ I believe that as another has said, its how some of us feel after sailing with Disney.

Disney Second Mortage
Disney College Fund

(I just assumed the OPs name choices were meant to be tongue-in-cheek but maybe I'm the only one).

In all seriousness, I think words like Wish, Imagine, Celebration, or Star could be contenders. I don't see them going with words that aren't already common in Disney's lexicon (such as Miracle, Faith, Ecstasy, etc.)

And I hate the fact you cannot keep any portion of the ticket (for souvenir purposes). :sad1:

UPDATED:

I went through this thread and gathered all the future name suggestions. I combined similar names and didn't include any that were based on main Disney characters. If I forgot any, I apologize in advance.

Disney....

Adventure
Believe
Beyond
Celebration
Classic
Discover/Discovery
Ecstasy
Enchanted/Enchantment
Experience
Explorer
Figment
Flight
Frontier
Future
Happy/Happiness
Hyperion
Imagine/Imagination
Jewel
Legacy
Marvel
Miracle
Neverland
'Ohana
Pearl
Princess/Prince
Progress
Pixar
Pixie dust
Radiance
Seas
Spark/Sparkle
Star
Starbright/Starlight
Tomorrow
Venture
Vista
Whimsy
Wish/Wishes

The names of the 3 new ships should be:

1. "Cash Cow"
  2. "Golden Goose"
  3. "Ch-Ching"

Last edited:
Sorry to be a bit late in coming back to this thread, but anyone who had Disney Wish as the name of the one of the 3 future DCL ships, you are a winner. Please pick up some free soft serve on Deck 9 of the good ships, or Deck 11 of the other two, next time you sail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter