Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Looked at this. An interesting concept. Say if DLR opens only outdoor dining and shopping. That will open a lot of space outdoors and allow revenue,.merch and eating opportunities.

Knott charging $20 and sold out too. Would be interesting to see a combo announcement of an outdoor opening and hotel opening as Knott's Berry has provided a valid roadmap for this

Disneyland would sellout immediately if they tried this. I think they should do it though. It would give them a chance to try whatever reservation system they have planned over here before the parks truly reopen. I know I’d be there in a heartbeat. I’ve already been to DtD 3 times to try and satisfy my Disney craving.

Exactly. Say open DCA to paradise pier bridge and the swings and carsland off. On DL side to the castle and populate the hub a few more carts and dolewhip. That'll be a lot of space and opportunity for lots of folk to come. If not enough interest for paid...can pull AP lever for free entry. That'll drive traffic easily

Sign me up. I’ll be there tomorrow, wearing Disney from head to toe and jumping up and down like a giddy school girl. Eating dole whips and Mickey pretzels until I can’t move. Take my money, Disneyland!!!!!

I just proactively called for my August 9-12 reservations. She said they aren't accepting reservation prior to August 16, with a hopeful August 15 park opening. I am working our schedule around 2 kids in college, so ideally I'd like to push our reservations to summer 2021. She said 2021 typically opens the first few weeks of August. She recommended I move my reservations to October 4 which is the latest she could give me all the same discounts. She recommended I flat out cancel and then rebook when 2021 opens.

I kept my existing reservations because I got a good deal on the hotel, then had the 30% discount from moving from June to August on top of that, plus my ticket price is from before the increase. If I cancel and have to rebook I'm looking at a huge price increase. I'll wait a few weeks and see if 2021 opens before my reservation dates and if I can move it then.

Does anyone think that DLR is doing what WDW did when they did a phased opening of Disney Springs for a month or more and then opened the parks, or is that a stretch for DLR? Watching the extra locations and business open at DTD is definitely following a schedule of opening in phases.
No. At this point the only thing they are waiting on for park opening is approval from the governor’s office. I think they’ll figure out the union situation but they can’t get around needing governor approval.

I suspect it’s up to each tenant when they want to open in DtD, not Disney. I don’t blame any of the tenants for wanting to wait and see how it went before jumping in.

The parks could reopen for shopping and outdoor dining at the moment with some entertainment mixed in. Knotts did this last weekend and it was nice, obviously I would love for everything to be open, but it was a nice compromise for the meanwhile.
That is a great idea. Disney Springs is huge, so they have more options. But, I doubt Disneyland would go for it.

Can you ask about the face shields the next time you're at DTD? I'll try to ask when we visit. Then we can compare answers.
@theluckyrabbit I’m here now and just asked a CM - a plaid, no less ;-) - and she told me that face shields are only allowed if guests have a medical condition that prohibits them from wearing a mask. As many here know, gaiters are no longer allowed (as of today).

She also said that she didn’t think an August opening is overly optimistic. I’m nothing else if not an optimist so I share her hope :-).

As I sat and sipped my tea near the entrance to WOD, a small parade of Disney execs walked by. There must have been at least 16 of them. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen that before. Then again, I was never looking ;-).

Some pics.
D7A86E9F-43A5-462E-9487-4B8E5DE672F9.jpeg

E50CF93C-3A41-486B-97D9-7E021E8387ED.jpeg

3020CA10-E1FC-43B5-87A6-975D9FB309BB.jpeg

72CE59D7-75F1-4258-A997-BEB9F2E4A44B.jpeg

Last edited:
FreshBaked did a vlog on the Calico at Knott's and talked about Disney exec visiting it and rumors around a possible DLR event

As pointed out, DCA already does a food and wine and experience. Would love a Mainstreet+DCA event.

Mods, don't know if link is legit below for vloggers, but here it is --delete if not allowed.

Also, *finally* ran into someone I know today :-). When I’d come to DL, I’d always see several people I know. This is the first time it’s happened at DTD since Armageddon struck ;-).

Also *also* crowds are light. And I learned that if you arrive at DTD before it opens, there are no bathroom options.

Last edited:
FreshBaked did a vlog on the Calico at Knott's and talked about Disney exec visiting it and rumors around a possible DLR event

As pointed out, DCA already does a food and wine and experience. Would love a Mainstreet+DCA event.

Mods, don't know if link is legit below for vloggers, but here it is --delete if not allowed.

That would be awesome. I can’t tell from @WonkaKid’s picture if the plexiglass sneeze guards have been installed at DL, I know they have been installed at DCA. Maybe in anticipation of this sort of an event?

Also, *finally* ran into someone I know today :-). When I’d come to DL, I’d always see several people I know. This is the first time it’s happened at DTD since Armageddon struck ;-).

Also *also* crowds are light. And I learned that if you arrive at DTD before it opens, there are no bathroom options.
Really no bathroom options? Do u ever eat at naples?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter