** Disneyland Merriest Nights - Official Thread **

If you are referring to the event food -- you can find the list of event foods posted on the Disneyland Dining menus under the Dinner timeframe. Go restaurant by restaurant ....

Example:

French Market Restaurant offering for the event:
Andouille Sausage Po' Boy
Grilled and topped with Fried Mac & Cheese and Creole Slaw served on a Rustic Roll with Seasoned Chips
$14.49
This sure does sound good! Will definitely try it.

We enjoyed the Mariachi's in Frontierland. They had the guys from Trader Sam's playing in Adventureland and quite a few people seemed to enjoy them. Loved getting to see the unique characters from Frozen in Fantasyland. My granddaughter liked Buzz's dance party best. The jazz group in NOS featured Mel from DCA. We enjoyed. Would I do it again? Probably not, but we did have fun.

Oh my gosh! Merriest Nights. IT. WAS. SO. MAGICAL. Eye candy everywhere. The castle just looks amazing and brought a tear to my eye since we missed her last year. The entertainment! Just fantastic and all over the place. I mean…the muppet show? That was adorable. Snow, snow snow! (In 80+ weather 😂)
We had a great time. From a food standpoint, we’d already had dinner as the party starts later. We picked up a few sweet treats to enjoy and take home. I wasn’t interested in the special food items to order. Based on the early days of Halloweentime, I knew that was going to be craziness to order. There was plenty of calorie free eye candy not to be missed!

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! Merriest Nights. IT. WAS. SO. MAGICAL. Eye candy everywhere. The castle just looks amazing and brought a tear to my eye since we missed her last year. The entertainment! Just fantastic and all over the place. I mean…the muppet show? That was adorable. Snow, snow snow! (In 80+ weather 😂)
We had a great time. From a food standpoint, we’d already had dinner as the party starts later. We picked up a few sweet treats to enjoy and take home. I wasn’t interested in the special food items to order. Based on the early days of Halloweentime, I knew that was going to be craziness to order. There was plenty of calorie free eye candy not to be missed!

I cannot wait until December 9th. Found out a huge group from my work , partially uncoordinated all have tickets to that same night.
Making a food priority list and just looking forward to having a Christmas party event here at Disneyland and enjoying every sight and sound.

I cannot wait until December 9th. Found out a huge group from my work , partially uncoordinated all have tickets to that same night.
Making a food priority list and just looking forward to having a Christmas party event here at Disneyland and enjoying every sight and sound.

We went with 6 other people and it was so fun! Everyone in our group was in a festive mood. We took so many fun pics throughout the party!
Hope you have a great time!!

I was looking at menus and came across this at Cafe Orleans. I had not seen anything on the blog post about it and there are no reservations open on 11/30. Is anyone booked there for a party night? I really wish they would have posted info sooner so I could have tried for a reservation!

View attachment 621687
I am booked at Cafe Orleans on December 7! I wonder if they will be serving this Prix Fixe menu when we are there--my reservation is before the party, around 5pm. I'm not sure if you're going earlier but I will report back if they are offering this when I'm there!

I am booked at Cafe Orleans on December 7! I wonder if they will be serving this Prix Fixe menu when we are there--my reservation is before the party, around 5pm. I'm not sure if you're going earlier but I will report back if they are offering this when I'm there!

I go to the party on 11/30! In talking with my friend though we've decided not to devote time to a table service meal since we want to maximize time. I still want to hear about that meal though if you are able to order it! It really does sound good.

I go to the party on 11/30! In talking with my friend though we've decided not to devote time to a table service meal since we want to maximize time. I still want to hear about that meal though if you are able to order it! It really does sound good.
I hear ya! From everything I've been reading about Merriest Nites so far, there's not enough time to experience it all in 4 hours so I get not wanting to do table service.

For us, it was a FAIL. I would not repeat this experience. Check-in for those already inside the park was a disaster, the "parties" were a dud ... we didn't find any except Tomorrowland. Compared to the character interactions at the recent Oogie Boogie Bash (current year) -- this event was super dull. We were ready to leave by 9:30p ... but ended up going on rides to fill some time until leaving at 11p. Boring!! (Just our opinion, of course.)

Edited to add: Saw a fair share of vloggers. This was a first for us ... never particularly notice them otherwise ... but they were everywhere last night. Ok, now I have "real faces" (and body language) to put with the video images. ;-)

^^^ THIS. BIG fail. $700USD (almost $1000 for us Canucks). I've said as much in a lengthy survey response to DL. I hope for those attending upcoming Merriest's that they'll listen and fix things. We found it impossible to find the "special events". Yes, Mariachi's were great, as was the Jazz on the riverboat. Main Street beautiful. Unfortunately, due to the food situation we were all hangry by 10:00p.m. which isn't very Merry at all.

as was the Jazz on the riverboat
We rode the riverboat, something we've not done in years, just to soak in the live music. That was lovely.

I also received the lengthy survey (w/in hours of getting home, I think?) and filled it in thoroughly. Curiously, during the event we frequently saw herds of 'suits' gathered together, conferring among themselves. I can only imagine their conversation, "How would you describe the vibe in this area? Is it a 'party' feel? Do the guests look like they are having fun??" I'm hoping things improve for the remaining Merriest Nite events!

Any reviews on tonight's (11/16) party?

Attended the merriest night solo last night. Had a wonderful time!

Ate dinner at the festival of holidays first, then went over to DL shortly after 5pm. Went straight to Launch Bay to check in, overall the process took maybe 15 min. Only guests with party wristbands were allowed to the merchandise area.

Enjoyed the coffee nog from Red Rose Taverne while people watching. Rides started becoming almost walk-on after 7pm, when the park closed to non-event guests and the party hadn’t started yet.

Once the party started at 8pm, I got my MK button and did special photo backdrops and character photos. Watched the parade, and more photos. I usually don’t do rides at parties since I go to the parks regularly. Only interested in things offered only at the events.

I enjoyed the lower crowds. The lighted lanyards made it all that much more festive! Only complain of the night was that people didn’t turn them off on the two rides I did before the party started: Pirates and Haunted Mansion. Wasn’t so bad on Pirates but it was annoying to see all the lighted lanyards in the seance circle 🤦🏻‍♀️

I will definitely do this again next year. 😃

Attended the merriest night solo last night. Had a wonderful time!

Ate dinner at the festival of holidays first, then went over to DL shortly after 5pm. Went straight to Launch Bay to check in, overall the process took maybe 15 min. Only guests with party wristbands were allowed to the merchandise area.

Enjoyed the coffee nog from Red Rose Taverne while people watching. Rides started becoming almost walk-on after 7pm, when the park closed to non-event guests and the party hadn’t started yet.

Once the party started at 8pm, I got my MK button and did special photo backdrops and character photos. Watched the parade, and more photos. I usually don’t do rides at parties since I go to the parks regularly. Only interested in things offered only at the events.

I enjoyed the lower crowds. The lighted lanyards made it all that much more festive! Only complain of the night was that people didn’t turn them off on the two rides I did before the party started: Pirates and Haunted Mansion. Wasn’t so bad on Pirates but it was annoying to see all the lighted lanyards in the seance circle 🤦🏻‍♀️

I will definitely do this again next year. 😃
That's nice to hear that the check in at Launch Bay only took 15 minutes! I've read multiple accounts that this line takes a really long time, and as someone who will already be in the park prior to the event that worries me a little. What I'm hoping is that on 11/11 the first night of the event they were still working kinks out and that things will go smoother for the other dates of Merriest Nites. Oh and you said guests with party wristbands were allowed in the merchandise area--was this prior to 8pm/are you saying people could get Merriest Nites merchandise early? I want a pin but I've heard that the waitlist for the merch was crazy long and that you had to beeline it over to Tomorrowland right when the party starts to get on the QR code waitlist.

I have a dinner reservation at 5pm in the park--does anyone think this is not an ideal dinner time due to needing to get lanyards for the event? I was thinking it would afford us plenty of time since the event doesn't start until 8 but I don't want to leave dinner and have a massive line that will go right up until the party. I'm guessing it's fine...since 3 hours is a lot of time.

Glad you had fun! Thanks for posting your review :goodvibes

We had a great time last night. I didn’t have high expectations based on some reviews so we went in just going to use it as an extra evening after knotts but we enjoyed it. We watched two of the muppet shows and the parade. Took the mark Twain and watched the other entertainment.

Not sure it was worth the price but it was only 2 of us so that helps. We cancelled our reservation for the parade package since we had a great view of it last night.

like a previous poster said if you want to see th muppets sit on the right and side of the hub almost at end facing the castle and the partners statue. They will stop there and do the show.

The party was not worth it. Everything that made it feel magical was available to day guests. There were no extra decorations added after day guests left except the projection on the storefronts of Mainstreet. And fireworks only on non party nights hah. Save your $$

I went solo to last night’s party (11/16) and I agree it wasn’t worth the money. The musicians, especially the mariachi band, were excellent, and the rides were walkons. But there were crazy lines for everything else and much of the park didn’t feel festive. There were long lines to get your picture taken, long lines to get special food, mobile order windows were for hours in advance. I was hungry at 10 PM but most of the snacks I wanted couldn’t be ordered until 11:30. At that point there was nothing to do that didn’t involve standing in line, so I just left.

[QUOTE="ishbit92, post: 63542890,Oh and you said guests with party wristbands were allowed in the merchandise area--was this prior to 8pm/are you saying people could get Merriest Nites merchandise early? I want a pin but I've heard that the waitlist for the merch was crazy long and that you had to beeline it over to Tomorrowland right when the party starts to get on the QR code waitlist.

I have a dinner reservation at 5pm in the park--does anyone think this is not an ideal dinner time due to needing to get lanyards for the event? [/QUOTE]

As we (folks in the check in line) moved into the launch bay, passed by lines of people who already had wrist bands. This was before 6pm. I wasn’t interested in merchandise so I didn’t get in line after I got my wristband. No info on when the merchandise section was open to event guests.

I would think it’s sufficient time?

Enjoy the party when you go!

You cannot get into shops after 7pm if you don’t have the wristband even though vip cast said you can shop until 8pm without a wristband. I had friends who were furious because they delayed shopping until 7pm and couldn’t get in since they weren’t part of the party

We went to last night’s party, and aside from missing IASW and fireworks, we thought it was one of the best nights we’ve ever spent at Disneyland. Mobile ordered dinner at French Market (ordered maybe 45 minutes ahead of time), food was ready within five minutes of clicking ‘I’m Here.’ We’re not character people, but we enjoyed the music/parties just by listening as we walked by. Caught parts of the Muppets twice as we walked through the hub. We walked onto virtually everything we wanted to ride, and seeing everyone’s light-up lanyards made the whole atmosphere feel that much more festive.

We were at the 11/16 party. We've done Sweetheart Nite, OBB, and this, and though I am glad we went, I'd rank it third among those three. I think the biggest strike against it was that it was billed as 'six parties' when it was really more like 'six lightly themed areas' where each area consisted of a photo backdrop, maybe a character or two, and some music (maybe live). I would definitely not have referred to any of them as parties, although truthfully we didn't make it to two of them now that I think about it.

Highlights for me were:
- Seeing everyone in the holiday lights lanyards all lit up, especially looking down main street
- Getting to walk onto rides that during the day have stupid wait times for what they are (Astro Orbiter, Jungle Cruise)
- The sipping chocolate from Jolly Holiday which was delish

My tips:
- If you're already going to be in the park, we were able to get our wristbands around 3:30pm (10-15 min wait)
- Get in the mobile waitlist for merch ASAP (someone told me the merch area opened at 6:30pm -- you do need to go there to get the QR code to join); I had to wait until pretty late in the evening to do it because of other stuff the family wanted to do, so I didn't join until 9:30pm, at which point it said there were something like 246 parties ahead of me (gah). But, I got the message to go in only 15 minutes later. That was a pleasant surprise, but at that point a number of things were already sold out. I did get the pin though!
- You can grab mobile order windows for the event before it starts, so if you know for sure you want something, snag a window early.

We were toting around two small children so we really didn't end up doing many of the event-specific things. But, it's always nice to be there when it's less crowded, and again, seeing everyone walking in the lanyards was pretty cool IMHO. I think if you go in expecting it to be this totally different, immersive experience, you'll be disappointed. But if you go in ready to just enjoy being there (and know what of all the things you want to prioritize), you can have fun. I hope all that are still yet to go have a great time!

-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!