** Disneyland Merriest Nights - Official Thread **

I think usually the full menu is still available during parties but not positive! I wonder how it was during Oogie Boogie.
The full menu was available at OBB. I would expect it to be available for Merriest as well.

The line to check in for the party if you are in the park, at Launch Bay, is insanely long. We’ve been in it for a half-hour and no end in sight. It winds through the entire Launch Bay after three switchbacks outside. We should have left the park and come back in with our party tickets, even though the lines at the turnstiles looked long. They were nothing like this.

edit:the wait totaled about 50 minutes.

Last edited:

The line to check in for the party if you are in the park, at Launch Bay, is insanely long. We’ve been in it for a half-hour and no end in sight. It winds through the entire Launch Bay after three switchbacks outside. We should have left the park and come back in with our party tickets, even though the lines at the turnstiles looked long. They were nothing like this.

edit:the wait totaled about 50 minutes.
Yikes! But I hope you have a great time. Please let us know how it was!

Jolly Holiday completely overwhelmed with mobile orders. Stopped taking either walk-up or mobile orders.

About the Muppets:

Stand on the right side of Main St ( when facing castle) or on the outside of the circle around the Hub. The bus circles the Hub and stops at the south side of the Hub with the side facing down Main St for a show. Folks on the left side of Main St weren’t on the correct side to see the Muppets until the bus headed back down Main St after the show. Folks on the inner side of the Hub weren’t on the correct side to see them at all.

Last edited:

We enjoyed ourselves and left at mifnight. I parked at Toy Story and had minimal wait for the bus, and Security was reasonable. However, it took forever to get in the park. It took an hour from the time I parked to enter. I parked at 5:08. My friend got there around 4:40 and there was little wait. She just missed the big line.
My daughter got there at around 6:45 and had no wait to get in.

How were the crowds? Was it easy to get a spot for the parade? Or do would you say we would need to stake out a spot early? I was hoping to mobile order early from Jolly Holiday for 9pm then find a spot. Do you think we should plan for earlier?
Also, did either of you check out event merchandise in Launch Bay? If so, how were the lines there?
Glad you both enjoyed it!

We were inside the park and had dinner at Club 33. We left there at 722p and crossed the park to the Launch Bay to get checked in. At 746p we had our bands and stuff and were off to have fun. My son had placed an order for food at 7, and had clicked "I'm Here" at 705p. Canceled order about 820p and headed to Rancho. We loved the various parties. Most rides looked walk on. The Muppets was fun to watch, just confusing as to where they wanted us, but we ended up in a good spot. Never got to see merch, there was always an extensive wait. Oh, and look at the buildings!!! And the hand bell carolers at the train station. So much to just look at.

How were the crowds? Was it easy to get a spot for the parade? Or do would you say we would need to stake out a spot early? I was hoping to mobile order early from Jolly Holiday for 9pm then find a spot. Do you think we should plan for earlier?
Also, did either of you check out event merchandise in Launch Bay? If so, how were the lines there?
Glad you both enjoyed it!
Parade was at 9:30. By 9:05, it was starting to fill in pretty good in Main St and Hub area. Still good viewing areas by Small World. We slipped into a spot on the north side of the Hub @9:25 but we’re only 2 adults; a larger group wouldn’t have been able to do it.

I would have a back-up plan for Jolly Holiday. They were taking a really long time for mobile orders and by 8 pm were closed to both mobile orders and walk-up. When I saw how many people were waiting for mobile order, I asked a manager to cancel the order. She said she would when she was able to get to a tablet. The order was”being prepared” for another hour, which tells me I would have been waiting that long had I not thrown in the towel. (The order actually was canceled eventually though.)

The merch store wasn’t open when we were at Launch Bay, so I don’t know about that situation.

Just watched a youtube video. You have to pay for snacks. How cheap.
The ticket sure is expensive enough. The DW party we went to couple
years ago had snacks galore and this was BEFORE the huge price increase.

The free lightup necklaces are cool though!

Overall Main Street looked gorgeous. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Not to ask annoying question, but was it "worth it" for those who attended?

From everything I've seen online it doesn't look like much different than what normal day guests could see or do for holiday time.

For us, it was a FAIL. I would not repeat this experience. Check-in for those already inside the park was a disaster, the "parties" were a dud ... we didn't find any except Tomorrowland. Compared to the character interactions at the recent Oogie Boogie Bash (current year) -- this event was super dull. We were ready to leave by 9:30p ... but ended up going on rides to fill some time until leaving at 11p. Boring!! (Just our opinion, of course.)

Edited to add: Saw a fair share of vloggers. This was a first for us ... never particularly notice them otherwise ... but they were everywhere last night. Ok, now I have "real faces" (and body language) to put with the video images. ;-)

From everything I've seen online it doesn't look like much different than what normal day guests could see or do for holiday time.

I’m glad we went, but I wouldn’t do it again. Agree that OBB was better. I am still pretty unhappy with the way in-park check-in was handled. But the Muppets made it worth it for my DH.

Event Food:
I did appreciate that there were special menu items new and special for the event. We tried, and enjoyed, the Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Burger from Galactic Grill. It was tasty, very true to the description and a goodly sized portion ... but difficult (messy) to eat. I wish they had wrapped it in paper to help us hold it better?

I really would have loved to try the Andouille Po'Boy in New Orleans Square -- but one must make choices and the Galactic Grill won for the evening. :) Maybe the Po'Boy will stay around for awhile and I can try it some other time.

What I think would have "won the evening": a $25 food voucher! Pre-load a $25 voucher for each guest in the Disneyland App to both feed us and to 'teach us' to love Mobile Ordering. Yes, a bribe -- but a good one, no??

I’m glad we went, but I wouldn’t do it again. Agree that OBB was better. I am still pretty unhappy with the way in-park check-in was handled. But the Muppets made it worth it for my DH.
I agree. We are going in December. If it wasn't for a bunch of relatives coming to
visit we wouldn't be going. They are all excited as it is for some the first time ever
going to Disney. I'm excited for them but with the rising prices we won't be doing
it next year. Not to mention I completely forgot about about trams not working
which is annoying.

Event Food:
I did appreciate that there were special menu items new and special for the event. We tried, and enjoyed, the Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Burger from Galactic Grill. It was tasty, very true to the description and a goodly sized portion ... but difficult (messy) to eat. I wish they had wrapped it in paper to help us hold it better?

I really would have loved to try the Andouille Po'Boy in New Orleans Square -- but one must make choices and the Galactic Grill won for the evening. :) Maybe the Po'Boy will stay around for awhile and I can try it some other time.

What I think would have "won the evening": a $25 food voucher! Pre-load a $25 voucher for each guest in the Disneyland App to both feed us and to 'teach us' to love Mobile Ordering. Yes, a bribe -- but a good one, no??

How do i do this?
If you are referring to the event food -- you can find the list of event foods posted on the Disneyland Dining menus under the Dinner timeframe. Go restaurant by restaurant ....

Example:

French Market Restaurant offering for the event:
Andouille Sausage Po' Boy
Grilled and topped with Fried Mac & Cheese and Creole Slaw served on a Rustic Roll with Seasoned Chips
$14.49

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter