Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

What time does registration open on the days of registration?

Officially, nothing has been said about this, yet. Registration for the WDW races (usually) opens up at 10:00 AM Florida time.

We don't have prices, yet, either.

Once the information gets released, I'll update the first post.

i was a little shocked at rates as well but I also remember that for WDW MW the Swan & Dolphin were at $600 per night until about 6 weeks before - I ended up getting a room for $230 per night.

i just booked 2 nights (flexible rate) for $219 at Anaheim Marriot Suites - will likely stay somewhere else (if I am able to register) but wanted to lock something in.

I’m seeing some unofficial pricing for MW and DL races next year (rD FB group). Allegedly it’s being shared within charity circles? But uh, I hope they are wrong because wow. If that is the new going rate for these races they hopefully will be investing in better quality medals and merch availability to make the expo experience better. 😳

I’m seeing some unofficial pricing for MW and DL races next year (rD FB group). Allegedly it’s being shared within charity circles? But uh, I hope they are wrong because wow. If that is the new going rate for these races they hopefully will be investing in better quality medals and merch availability to make the expo experience better. 😳
I am on a charity list and I saw the numbers too, they are a huge increase. Princess 10k especially blew me away since I do that with a friend and their estimate is $70 more than what I paid for next month's race. But they also had a big disclaimer that they were just estimates based on previous years so I am hoping they are really just estimates with no information from Disney. Fingers crossed.

I could be mistaken but I think the price of races has been frozen going back to at least 2020. Kind of miraculous that inflation hadn’t hit these events yet, after hitting everything else related to Disney.

EDIT: IIRC pre-covid they didn’t include fees in their listed registration price, so maybe the charity estimate is based on that?

Care to share what you're hearing for DL half and 10k prices? ;-)
This will be the first time I'm trying to register so it would be helpful to know what I'm in for. TIA.

I could be mistaken but I think the price of races has been frozen going back to at least 2020. Kind of miraculous that inflation hadn’t hit these events yet, after hitting everything else related to Disney.

EDIT: IIRC pre-covid they didn’t include fees in their listed registration price, so maybe the charity estimate is based on that?
Yeah I expect a jump every year. But last years Half and full were $213.xx and $218.xx and if what’s being passed around is true the jump is $315 and $325! 😬

The numbers don’t make sense though. If you look at the challenge prices vs individual prices. 🤨

Yeah I expect a jump every year. But last years Half and full were $213.xx and $218.xx and if what’s being passed around is true the jump is $315 and $325! 😬

The numbers don’t make sense though. If you look at the challenge prices vs individual prices. 🤨
Well that would be a kick in the teeth.

Care to share what you're hearing for DL half and 10k prices? ;-)
This will be the first time I'm trying to register so it would be helpful to know what I'm in for. TIA.
I’ll give you two bits of info. Factual: this past MW half + 10k would have cost you $359.xx. The unverified cost being passed around for the challenge at DL is $455. Again, unverified.

I do not believe this info being passed around on Facebook is correct. I've seen the screenshot, but no one (that I have seen) has named the original source other than the vague "it was released to charity partners". I paid $101 for the 2022 Princess 5k, and $104 for the 2023 Princess 5k, an increase of $3. Do people REALLY believe the price will increase $75 in one year? I feel people are worrying for nothing. Will the price increase? Probably a few dollars. But a 75% jump? Seems unlikely.

I do not believe this info being passed around on Facebook is correct. I've seen the screenshot, but no one (that I have seen) has named the original source other than the vague "it was released to charity partners". I paid $101 for the 2022 Princess 5k, and $104 for the 2023 Princess 5k, an increase of $3. Do people REALLY believe the price will increase $75 in one year? I feel people are worrying for nothing. Will the price increase? Probably a few dollars. But a 75% jump? Seems unlikely.
I’m not sure where the original screenshot was shared. I do expect a jump of more than a few dollars. The challenge prices seem in line with what the price increase would be. Dopey was $660 last year so $705 doesn’t seem too far fetched. The single races seem quite high. It’s just fun to speculate and start dialogue while we wait to hear. Not trying to ruffle any feathers.

I’m not sure where the original screenshot was shared. I do expect a jump of more than a few dollars. The challenge prices seem in line with what the price increase would be. Dopey was $660 last year so $705 doesn’t seem too far fetched. The single races seem quite high. It’s just fun to speculate and start dialogue while we wait to hear. Not trying to ruffle any feathers.
Dopey was $660 with the 6.6% fee. It is unclear if that fee is included in the pricing of those "reported" numbers.

Personally I don't buy these numbers. The largest increases over the past decade have been $20-$35 and those were for Dopey and Goofy. Individual races have never really gone up more than $15 at most and most years its maybe $5. These numbers are all before the fee fwiw.

Taking a look at the WDW half for example:

2017 - $180
2018 - $185
2019 - $188
2020 - $188
2021 - $188
2022 - $195
2023 - $200

Also, Wine & Dine and Princess halves are the two most expensive runDisney races currently at $215. Over $300 even with the fee is HUGE jump that would be uncharacteristic of Disney.

Dopey was $660 with the 6.6% fee. It is unclear if that fee is included in the pricing of those "reported" numbers.

Personally I don't buy these numbers. The largest increases over the past decade have been $20-$35 and those were for Dopey and Goofy. Individual races have never really gone up more than $15 at most and most years its maybe $5. These numbers are all before the fee fwiw.

Taking a look at the WDW half for example:

2017 - $180
2018 - $185
2019 - $188
2020 - $188
2021 - $188
2022 - $195
2023 - $200

Also, Wine & Dine and Princess halves are the two most expensive runDisney races currently at $215. Over $300 even with the fee is HUGE jump that would be uncharacteristic of Disney.
The only defense I have for Disney (and I know this will be flimsy, at best), is that they have seen how fast registration is going for each race during each race weekend. They might be able to square some more money out of us by raising prices like this, and still sell out.

I'm also wondering if some of those fees have to go to services provided by The City of Anaheim that would otherwise be provided by Reedy Creek on the World side.

The only defense I have for Disney (and I know this will be flimsy, at best), is that they have seen how fast registration is going for each race during each race weekend. They might be able to square some more money out of us by raising prices like this, and still sell out.

I'm also wondering if some of those fees have to go to services provided by The City of Anaheim that would otherwise be provided by Reedy Creek on the World side.
I don't think this works either.

The Springtime Surprise 10-miler is not sold out at current pricing. There have been several years where the full marathon at WDW doesn't sell out either. A $100 increase is not going to help any of that.

Your race fee already covers that. WDW races still have to pay for Reedy Creek and AdventHealth services. runDisney isn't really a for profit part of Disney. Your race fees are for offsetting a lot of the costs runDisney takes on. They don't have a big team at rD either.

I don't think this works either.

The Springtime Surprise 10-miler is not sold out at current pricing. There have been several years where the full marathon at WDW doesn't sell out either. A $100 increase is not going to help any of that.

Your race fee already covers that. WDW races still have to pay for Reedy Creek and AdventHealth services. runDisney isn't really a for profit part of Disney. Your race fees are for offsetting a lot of the costs runDisney takes on. They don't have a big team at rD either.

There were a couple of years were the WDW Marathon didn't sell out, but registration for the races about a month ago, were crazy as all get out. I think everything, including the CC Challenge, were sold out in 90 minutes. My comment when the CCC sold out was "What do you mean the Castaway Challenge sold out? That never sells out!"

I mean, I hope you're right, and that this rumored pricing is wrong. That would mean more money in my wallet. But I need to be prepared in case they are right.

There were a couple of years were the WDW Marathon didn't sell out, but registration for the races about a month ago, were crazy as all get out. I think everything, including the CC Challenge, were sold out in 90 minutes. My comment when the CCC sold out was "What do you mean the Castaway Challenge sold out? That never sells out!"

I mean, I hope you're right, and that this rumored pricing is wrong. That would mean more money in my wallet. But I need to be prepared in case they are right.
You have to look at them situationally. First, anniversary years always tend to sell fastest. Second, we were still coming off covid. 2022 was still fairly limited in terms of the event. You can't look at it without the context. Do I think we see races not sell out for 2024? No, I do think they sell out but I don't think its the same frenzy for WDW at least.

Disneyland races are different though. They have been gone since 2017. The demand will be huge there. I still don't think these prices are accurate though.

that’s pretty much how my brain has been trying to justify it… and it’s only this once that I’ll have guaranteed registration, so I’ll definitely only do it this one time and never again, right? 😂
Oh man, if I had Club status I would make it work no mater what. Kicking myself for not getting platinum status when it was available for 5 min last year. I'll probably get it when it/if it next goes on sale, and then I'm sure they won't have DL races included - you really should do it this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter