• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Confirmation of the return of the Dumbo Double Dare.

The two track thing is weird.

Marathon Weekend to Disneyland is being treated as its own challenge but you cannot also participate in track 2. Also it seems like Track 1 medal will change yearly but Track 2 won't?

That's how it seems.

The WDW Mara - DL Half track 1 says that: runDisney participants who choose this track will receive a special runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal only available in 2024.

Track 2 doesn't have the bold labeling attached to it.

That's how it seems.

The WDW Mara - DL Half track 1 says that: runDisney participants who choose this track will receive a special runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal only available in 2024.

Track 2 doesn't have the bold labeling attached to it.
Definitely meant to entice people to do the two weekends in a row. Best of luck to those who can pull it off because I certainly can’t lol.

So it cools that now we know what theme there are doing for Disneyland, they are doing the original one that is normally held labor day weekend with them saying Dumbo Double Dare. That is such a cool classic I hope they tie in the 100th on the medals.
I wish they would do the rules saying within the one year of each other to get the medal. Cause my plan is to do the Disneyland 2024 and then do Doopy 2025 and technically they are within one year of each other.

I'm reading it as them just trying to "be clear" on what qualifies.

You either

"run WDW Marathon Weekend and DL weekend"

OR

"run DL weekend and any of the later half marathons at DW that year"

that's the "two tracks"

From the coast-to-coast page:

"Guests only earn one runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal per calendar year."

So does this mean the theme of the DL Half is going to be Dumbo? Sorry I only started running rD in 2022, so I'm rather ignorant on any of the prior DL races.

Has it always been the Dumbo Double Dare? I thought the year of Pixar it was just the Disneyland Double Dare. I was geared up for it as I wanted to do the Dumbo double dare and was super disappointed to get a double dare medal with that lamp thingy from Pixar lol.

Most of the hotels aren't even on the travel aggregate sites, and a few aren't even booking into 2024, yet.

I think you're fine :D
I got scared off by the amount of hotels already available outside of my budget 😬 I definitely have no concept of DL planning, last and only visit probably 30 years ago, so happy for refundable bookings and this group for advice!

I got scared off by the amount of hotels already available outside of my budget 😬 I definitely have no concept of DL planning, last and only visit probably 30 years ago, so happy for refundable bookings and this group for advice!

A few of the hotels are way out of their normal price range. Places that are normally $160-$250 per night are going for like $400-$900 per night for no appreciable reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter