Disneyland After Dark 2023

I will be so bummed if there's no Star Wars nite! I've been saving up since last year, just assuming it would happen on May 4.

Does anyone remember from previous years if they announce all the events in one day, or is possible Star Wars nite or Villains nite might still be announced on another day?

Last edited:
I feel like Star Wars Nite will return, but I hope they do something different for Villains Nite because it was awful this year. Maybe a decade night or a pixar nite?

Does anyone remember from previous years if they announce all the events in one day, or is possible Star Wars nite or Villains nite might still be announced on another day?
They announced the dates for Star Wars After Dark on December 6th of last year.

Star Wars After Dark was partially done in coordination with Star Wars Celebration last year, which was in Anaheim. SWAD might be an every-other-year thing, too - they held it in 2018, but not 2019. (It was originally announced for 2020, but delayed.)

I assume Princess replaces Villains, as the dates are similar.

But I don't think any of that necessarily means that this is all they're doing, though - or that they're not doing Star Wars. Just no info at this point.

I don’t understand why they are doing a Princess themed night with children dressed as princesses in the marketing, starting at 9pm. 🙈

My daughter would love this but she’s 6 and I am pretty sure we were done with OBB by 10pm, so a 9pm start is late.

I don’t understand why they are doing a Princess themed night with children dressed as princesses in the marketing, starting at 9pm. 🙈

My daughter would love this but she’s 6 and I am pretty sure we were done with OBB by 10pm, so a 9pm start is late.
That's a really good point. It's too bad it will be so late.

What's weird to me is the official event is from 9pm-1am and Toontown opens the next day. How are people going to be able rope drop on just a few hours of sleep? Am I weird to think on opening day a lot of people would want to rope drop?

If we go, we won't stay that late. I doubt we'll make rope drop for DCA either. At least we're staying at Grand Cal so it's a quick trip.

If we go, we won't stay that late. I doubt we'll make rope drop for DCA either. At least we're staying at Grand Cal so it's a quick trip.
Why would you rope drop DCA the morning Toontown opens? To avoid the crowds?

Why would you rope drop DCA the morning Toontown opens? To avoid the crowds?
Yes, because every Vlogger and their friends will be there for the opening. Get it out of the way and then go see the rest of the park. Will we do it? probably not.

What's weird to me is the official event is from 9pm-1am and Toontown opens the next day. How are people going to be able rope drop on just a few hours of sleep? Am I weird to think on opening day a lot of people would want to rope drop?
They honestly are probably hoping that maybe it will deter some people from coming the next morning because they want the free publicity from vloggers.

Possibly not the same crowd attending both days…. After Veterans Day this year, I’ll never go to Disneyland on opening day anything ever again, so even if my kid who loves princesses could stay up late enough to make the tickets worth it for us, no way would we be at Disneyland the next day. 🤷‍♀️ Although I guess the after dark events do get the bloggers

Yes, because every Vlogger and their friends will be there for the opening. Get it out of the way and then go see the rest of the park. Will we do it? probably not.
Do you think having Early Entry would make any difference? Since Fantasyland is so close to Toontown? We were just gunna head straight to that area and get in line. Wondering if we should just cancel now. We knew it would be busy opening day, but with the Princess party on top of it I'm torn. We got a pretty good deal on the hotel.

Do you think having Early Entry would make any difference? Since Fantasyland is so close to Toontown? We were just gunna head straight to that area and get in line. Wondering if we should just cancel now. We knew it would be busy opening day, but with the Princess party on top of it I'm torn. We got a pretty good deal on the hotel.
I'm not a DLR expert, this will be our first trip is a long time. I think we'll head elsewhere for opening day and come back and see it later when things calm down. Having early entry would certainly help get a jump on things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter