Disney Withdrawal Survival Guide: An Oct 2013 PTR - Soundtrack Included- NEW 08/27

You'll love Food & Wine, there are so many great choices and the weather will be more temperate than August.

I believe menu for F&W should be released in August, which just provides more unnecessary things to plan, discuss and change... so you'll love it!

Being from Canada I really hope that the heat will be more tolerable in october. Our first trip it was so warm we couldn't even bare to go swimming.

You know me well! I'm really looking forward to when all the information from F&W will come out. I feel like I can't really plan until then.

Thanks for the recipe!! Gonna have to give that one a try! :stir:
MMm Let me know how it turns out!

That looks yummy!
The only thing I've ever made at home is a vanilla milkshake... Vanilla ice cream + milk. Blend. Et voila! Lol
Ooh I can't wait to hear about Beauty and the Beast!

haha sounds pretty simple and yet vanilla milkshakes are delicious (I think I like it because the taste is simple). I'll be posting about it soon unfortunately I wasn't able to take pictures. As they said "Our tale takes place before the invention of cameras and cell phones so please refrain from using them".

Yum! That sounds like a really tasty drink - will have to try to put that together this summer at some point.

We saw Beauty & the Beast last weekend - that was my big Christmas present this year :) I haven't had a chance to post about it yet, but we (I)loved it!

Glad you loved it! It was pretty good but I was a bit disappointed by the costumes (No Yellow Ball Gown for the Ballroom Scene:faint:!!) Made me wish I was in New Fantasyland though! Can't wait to have supper in Beast's castle.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi! :wave2:

I was stuck in a strange mix of stages 4 and 5 of DWS for a very long time. It would seem as though the longer you spend in WDW, the longer you suffer from DWS...strange, really.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm finally starting to move away from stage 4 and more into stages 5 and, *gasp* 6, which means I'll likely be returning to the DIS more often :banana:

EDIT:

Just got all caught up, and wow! It seems like you guys are going to have a blast, staying at the Beach Club and everything! Loving the tips and lessons "themes", especially the ones about the re-created disney food...makes me want to look for those recipes. Though, we did make our version of Chai Cream's you used to be able to get at Sanaa. They turned out really good...the second time round :laughing:

Anyway, for fun I thought I'd include the intro thing you guys did in your second post:

Name: silverhaze269
Number of visits to WDW: 6
If you could only visit one attraction: Haunted Mansion
If you could only visit one restaurant: O'hana, though Be our Guest comes in as a very close second
If you could only meet one character: Stitch
If you could stay at any resort: Though I would love to stay at the POLY, the buses would drive me NUTS, so, either the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge gets my vote.
If you could only eat one snack: Cinnamon and Sugar glazed almonds found at the Animal Kingdom
If you could have one drink: Is it terrible that I've never had an alcoholic beverage at Disney? I need to change this.
I know I'm a Disney addict because: Whenever someone mentions "Disney" my ears perk up and I get goosebumps. You know you've got it bad when you almost tear up just describing it to people, or when you offer to help plan a total stranger's trip. Yeah...I'm a Disney Addict.

GASP! You are back! I was wondering when you'd be able to escape your withdrawal and come back to the DIS. Will you be sharing your possible future trip with us?

We are really looking forward to this trip. It really is a dream trip for us.

Thanks for filling out our introductions post. I've been looking forward to trying the Cinnamon glazed almonds, they smell delicious. We've started drinking tea recently and found a type that smells exactly like the roasted nuts (Forever Nuts from David's Tea).

Soundtrack: Beauty & the Beast at the Studios

Hello :wave2:

I'll start out with a quick life update. Jess & I went to Disney's Beauty and the Beast Musical. It was a pretty good show and a great way of getting our Disney fix. We were a bit disappointed with some changes they made to the story and the fact that a lot of the scenery and costumes were different from the original movie. For example...BELLE DID NOT HAVE HER ORIGINAL YELLOW BALL GOWN! I wasn't impressed :P. Also, Lumière kept thrusting his hips around which was a bit too much for me but I guess that's part of the character?:confused3. Overall it was good but I much prefer the 30 minute version at Hollywood Studios.

allright back to the Trip Report.

I've recently took the plunge and purchased my first DSLR camera. I'm very happy about this because I've fallen in love with photography after our first trip to WDW. Now that I have it I want to make sure that I know how to use it in time for October. Thankfully I found some great resources and I'd like to share with you guys.

1. Flickr
This is an obvious one but there are some amazing Disney photographers on there. I love looking through their pictures and dreaming about being in WDW. It's also a great learning tool because many of them take the time to explain how they took the shot. Here are a few of my fav's.

Scott Smith

Vintage Boardwalk by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

CodyWDWFan

Sword in the Stone by CodyWDWfan, on Flickr

Hamilton Pytluk

Magic Kingdom: Dumbo by Hamilton!, on Flickr

Tom Bricker

Main Street Electrical Parade - "To Honor America" by Tom.Bricker, on Flickr

Ryan Pastorino

Disney Flickr Day! - Court of Angels, Disneyland by Silver1SWA (Ryan Pastorino), on Flickr

Those are just a few of the many amazing Disney photographers on Flickr. I highly encourage you guys to check it out.

2. Blogs

There are lots of great Disney photography blogs out there. My two favorites are Tom Bricker's Disney Tourist Blog. I can't link to his website but be sure to check it out. He is a great photographer and in addition to park reviews and trip reports, his site also includes reviews on cameras and gear as well as tips on taking pictures in WDW. Another good one is the Disney photography blog. They post a picture everyday and explain how they came about creating it. They also have lots of great articles on photography and a few ebooks including one I have my eye on about photographing fireworks. Also TeekathePony has started giving photo lessons with all of her pre trip updates so check out her PTR for great photo tips!

3. Podcast
This is a new find for me. A few of the people I mentionned above (Tom, Cory and Ryan) host a weekly podcast about Disney Photography called ISO5571 (1955- for Disneyland opening year and 1971 for DisneyWorld Opening). Here's a link to the podcast's web site. http://www.iso5571.com/Look them up on Itunes!

So slowly but surely I am learning how to use my camera. I've been practicing regularly and I hope to be able to use it well by the time we get to WDW in October.

Anyone else got bit by the Disney photography bug? Who are your favorite Disney photographers? How do you get used to a new camera? Or do you prefer to be the star of the picture instead of the one behind the camera?

Thanks for reading! Bye bye pixiedust:

Wow, first of all I am jealous of those lobsters. They look great. It's hard to come by fresh seafood in Oklahoma :lmao: I am going to try the pina colava as well!

I was familiar with Tom Bricker on flickr, but I will have to check out the others. We also bought our first dslr, mostly for the baby, but I know we're looking forward to using it at WDW.

You inspired me to try to make an island sunset at home sometime soon! Here's a recipe I found online:

Polynesian Resort: Island Sunset

1/2 oz. Malibu Rum
1/2 oz. Captain Morgan's Rum
1/2 oz. Melon Liquor
1/2 oz. Peach schnapps
2 oz. POG concentrate

Garnish: Orange flag

Serve in a Hurricane glass.

Cheers!

There are so many amazing things to photograph at Disney World. Most people would think "How many times can someone take a picture of the castle?" But there's like a million castle shots out there and they all look different depending on angle, time of day, etc. Love the Disney Flickr photos you picked out. The one of the Court of Angels is just gorgeous!!

I like looking at Instagram Disney photos (hint, hint) Although the quality is not as good as a fancy camera, I love getting real time updates from people in the parks so I can live through them while they are on vacation! Lol!

Wow, first of all I am jealous of those lobsters. They look great. It's hard to come by fresh seafood in Oklahoma :lmao: I am going to try the pina colava as well!

I was familiar with Tom Bricker on flickr, but I will have to check out the others. We also bought our first dslr, mostly for the baby, but I know we're looking forward to using it at WDW.

You inspired me to try to make an island sunset at home sometime soon! Here's a recipe I found online:

Polynesian Resort: Island Sunset

1/2 oz. Malibu Rum
1/2 oz. Captain Morgan's Rum
1/2 oz. Melon Liquor
1/2 oz. Peach schnapps
2 oz. POG concentrate

Garnish: Orange flag

Serve in a Hurricane glass.

Cheers!

The lobsters is one of the reasons why I love living in the maritimes. We get them fresh off the docks at times. It's a lot tastier and a lot less expensive than it can be elsewhere.
Tom Bricker is pretty awesome, I really like his blog. but the others are amazing as well. I made a folder from their pictures and have them as wallpaper for my computer. It makes me smile.

I'll have to try the Island Sunset sometimes this summer. I know the Disney version looks delicious.

There are so many amazing things to photograph at Disney World. Most people would think "How many times can someone take a picture of the castle?" But there's like a million castle shots out there and they all look different depending on angle, time of day, etc. Love the Disney Flickr photos you picked out. The one of the Court of Angels is just gorgeous!!

I like looking at Instagram Disney photos (hint, hint) Although the quality is not as good as a fancy camera, I love getting real time updates from people in the parks so I can live through them while they are on vacation! Lol!

There really is something special about WDW that so many people can take lots of pictures of the same thing and they still all look unique. There is a great community of Disney photographers on Flickr I can spend hours just getting lost in their stuff.

I forgot about Instagram! I love it too, I just joined recently but it's super fun to look at fresh pictures. Can I be your instagram buddy? :woohoo:

Soundtrack: When will my life begin?

"Don't count the days, Make the days count"​

So far we have been focusing on ways of making the days till WDW count by bringing part of the magic to our home but today I want to mark the importance of also counting the days. I think most of us has some form or another of a countdown. I've read about lot's of cute methods that require being crafty (paper chains and homemade calendars)

but I resort to technology to help me keep track of the days left till I am back in my happy trip.

Two years ago Disney actualy had a countdown program for computers.

disney-widget.jpg

It had a countdown, tips and trivia. I think it was pretty cool but unfortunately it was discontinued sometime in 2011 I think.

Last year I had a generic countdown app on my cell phone which was cool but wasn't Disney enough for me so this year I pitched in the extra 2 dollars to get a Disney specific app. I love it. Every day right on my home screen I have a way of knowing how many days to WDW.

When you click on the app it has a picture of one of the WDW parks with a post it telling you how many days left.

Once we get closer I'll usually add a countdown to our calendar but for now I rely on my cell phone :).

So how do you guys count down the days till your vacation? or do you prefer not to keep track so as not to realize how slow time goes by?

oh and yes we are at 147 days :cool1: Can I jump in my time machine? pixiedust:

Ohhhh Disney cocktails AND photography! I've not re-created any Disney cocktails at home since I leave all the work to the bartenders! :lmao: Actually, it would take me years to get through a bottle of rum since I'm a vacation drinker and no one else in the family shares my love of drink! ;)

As for the photography interest, I have a DSLR but keep it on auto so I'm learning from Wendy (teekathepony). However, I love DaveinFallsChurch's photography work. He post on the Disboards as well. He's got fabulous photos and I'm a huge fan. Here's a link to his PTR. You may have already seen him around.

Those lobsters are enormous!!! What great eats!

For the countdown/ticker... I have an app on my phone that currently says 82 DAYS!!!! But I want to find one that has a photo of the resort we will be staying.

I sure will be sharing those plans, I just have to find a few things to spruce it up a bit before I post it, just so it's not a complete wall of text, :laughing:

Also, thanks for the tip about that tea...I am definitely going to have to grab some next time I'm at David's Tea. :thumbsup2

We just saw the Beauty and the Beast musical yesterday! I liked it but I thought it was lacking somehow, not sure how though. :confused3

Yay for photos and countdowns! :banana:

You certainly can be my Instagram friend! I'm new to it too so I only have a few pic so far. (are you MR?)

I remember that Disney program with the suitcase. I LOVED that thing! I would change the design of my suitcase and try to get points for wallpapers and stuff. I guess with all the apps out there they figured it wasn't worth it but I loved having that countdown on my computer. I just got an ipad for Christmas so I'm still new to that too and I don't have a disney countdown on it yet so I may have to purchase on myself!

I use an app on my iPhone as well, it rotates through images of WDW though, but all in all the same principle. We also do a little countdown for the kids starting at 60 days. :) I'm almost in double digits and very excited!

I find that I prefer to put a countdown on my phone right as we're ending a trip so I know there's a countdown on there. We are pretty static with our March trips since we always go the first week in March, so I usually just put in a ticker for the first Saturday in March (with hopes of squeezing in a fall trip if we can and then updating later).

I'm toying with the idea of doing a fancier fridge countdown when we get to 30 days.

I'm wondering if and when I'm going to get the DSLR urge. One of my SIL is a professional photographer and two of the others are very talented hobby photographers, so I know I'd have a lot of willing teachers, but it does seem like it's one of those hobbies that can become very addictive/expensive!

ummm..... no gold dress in the ballroom?!

(wait that kinda sounds like a line from the game Clue, doesn't it?)

but still - thats blasphemous. Ours had the gigantic, gorgeous gold dress that I was dying to see up close afterwards because it moved so beautifully. My biggest complaint with the production we saw was that the guy who played the Beast played him as a really whiney, dopey guy. It was pretty offputting, but the rest of the cast was wonderful. Our Belle's voice was a dead-ringer for Paige O'Hara.

I do the countdown once I've booked. I use a desktop ticker from Intercot as well as a signature ticker here on the DIS. I'm toying with the idea of doing a paperchain for the last 100 days if I have time to make one.

Regardless of the amount of time out, I like seeing a reminder that I'm actually going (since I only go every 3-4 years right now) and seeing that progress is being made. It's also particularly useful to have it on my desktop at work .... remind me of why I'm putting up with a job that I don't paticularly like at all and escape a little bit during the day dreaming about the trip.

I'm still reading but had to stop for a second to reply before I forgot what I wanted to say!

1)
Name: Ali :wave:
Number of visits to WDW: 10 (with 11 on it's way!)
If you could only visit one attraction: Soarin'
If you could only visit one restaurant: Rose & Crown
If you could only meet one character: Goofy
If you could stay at any resort: Polynesian (although I've never stayed there before I imagine that I would love it)
If you could only eat one snack: mint chocolate chip ice cream cone from Hollywood Scoops. I don't know why...it's just better in WDW.
If you could only have one drink: Toss up between the Welsh Dragon and the Pina Colava.
I know I'm a Disney addict because: I have 6 hours of Disney music on my iPod, I have a Disney tattoo, and a Disney Dooney. I buy a Passporter for each trip, as well as the Complete Guide to WDW each year when it comes out, and all I ever do is think about Disney...so yeah....

2)
I own two Disney cookbooks and I have made the Chicken Pot Pie from....I think 50's PTC?? I did tweak it slightly but it's so amazing!!

3)
We'll be in WDW from 10/13 - 10/25 and we'll be at BWV during your dates! Maybe we'll see you on our walks to Epcot!

4)
Dang it, now I forgot what else I was gonna say! :confused: OK, back to reading!

ETA: Oh I remember! Renting points is the BEST!! We use a private owner though instead of Dave's but I'd use them if my owner didn't have points available. We stayed at OKW in July and that was our first time renting... So awesome! It's always been my dream to stay at AKL and we couldn't afford it at the regular package rate....but renting?? 4 nights, AKV, Jambo House, this October. Beyond excited for my Savannah View!!!!!

OK seriously...back to reading now...

Making Tshirts before our honeymoon trip.

Hey! That's my Disney tattoo! Well...just Simba...without the words... :rotfl2:

I love taking pics at Disney! I came home with over 5000 pictures one year! :faint: Thankfully they were on a memory card and not film :-)scared: ) so I could pick out the bad ones...or eliminate 399 of the 400 pics I took of Cinderella's Castle....

I really thought I wanted a DSLR for a long time. I decided to upgrade to a DSLR sized P & S to see what that was like. I had the Canon SX10 and before that I had the Canon SX2 IS. I liked the SX2 way better and I only replaced it because it fell off the refrigerator onto the floor and broke (read: knocked off refrigerator by cat). Then it pretty much just got to the point where I got sick of carrying it around...it was heavy, I had to actually put it away in the backpack to go on rides...and here's my DBF, putting his tiny little P & S in his pocket. So I opted to sell the big one and put the money towards a new, smaller one. My mom ended up buying me the exact one I wanted (Canon SX260) for my birthday and I LOVE it. I can't wait to use it in WDW this year!

I do pretty big scrapbooks though! I made one for every trip I've been on starting with my 3rd, although I haven't even started one for our trip this past July because it's an expensive hobby and I'm broke! :rotfl2: Hoping to get started sometime soon though! I also print out some pictures in 5 x 7 or 8 x 10 and then frame them. I love having a little Disney memory in every room of our apartment! :cloud9:

I have a disney countdown app on my phone, it just says "countdown". I can select different disney pictures for the background. DH and i text every few days with how many days to go. we definitely dont do anything spectacular, but lets say we excitedly observe the days going by.
Love the opening quote btw!

Ohhhh Disney cocktails AND photography! I've not re-created any Disney cocktails at home since I leave all the work to the bartenders! :lmao: Actually, it would take me years to get through a bottle of rum since I'm a vacation drinker and no one else in the family shares my love of drink! ;)

As for the photography interest, I have a DSLR but keep it on auto so I'm learning from Wendy (teekathepony). However, I love DaveinFallsChurch's photography work. He post on the Disboards as well. He's got fabulous photos and I'm a huge fan. Here's a link to his PTR. You may have already seen him around.

Those lobsters are enormous!!! What great eats!

For the countdown/ticker... I have an app on my phone that currently says 82 DAYS!!!! But I want to find one that has a photo of the resort we will be staying.

You can't beat the actual bartenders is what I realized with our at home cocktail. I checked out Daveinchurchfall's photos. They are very nice and I sub'd to his TR. Those lobsters are one of the many reasons why I love living in the maritimes! We've had lobster and crab every week for the past month.

I sure will be sharing those plans, I just have to find a few things to spruce it up a bit before I post it, just so it's not a complete wall of text, :laughing:

Also, thanks for the tip about that tea...I am definitely going to have to grab some next time I'm at David's Tea. :thumbsup2

We just saw the Beauty and the Beast musical yesterday! I liked it but I thought it was lacking somehow, not sure how though. :confused3

Yay for photos and countdowns! :banana:

Can't wait to hear what you've got in store. As for the tea Forever Nuts is delicious and the Disney like smell is a great bonus. I highly recommend it. I agree with you it was lacking in Disney magic I think (and in golden ball gowns!)

You certainly can be my Instagram friend! I'm new to it too so I only have a few pic so far. (are you MR?)

I remember that Disney program with the suitcase. I LOVED that thing! I would change the design of my suitcase and try to get points for wallpapers and stuff. I guess with all the apps out there they figured it wasn't worth it but I loved having that countdown on my computer. I just got an ipad for Christmas so I'm still new to that too and I don't have a disney countdown on it yet so I may have to purchase on myself!

Yup that's me! I don't post much but I like to follow other people specially those who go to Disney sometimes :). I really liked that app too, I'm hoping that they have something similar once My Disney Experience is rolled out.

I use an app on my iPhone as well, it rotates through images of WDW though, but all in all the same principle. We also do a little countdown for the kids starting at 60 days. :) I'm almost in double digits and very excited!

Ouuu You can almost do your double digit dance! that is awesome :cheer2::cool1:

I find that I prefer to put a countdown on my phone right as we're ending a trip so I know there's a countdown on there. We are pretty static with our March trips since we always go the first week in March, so I usually just put in a ticker for the first Saturday in March (with hopes of squeezing in a fall trip if we can and then updating later).

I'm toying with the idea of doing a fancier fridge countdown when we get to 30 days.

I'm wondering if and when I'm going to get the DSLR urge. One of my SIL is a professional photographer and two of the others are very talented hobby photographers, so I know I'd have a lot of willing teachers, but it does seem like it's one of those hobbies that can become very addictive/expensive!

I think your way of always having a countdown is fun. We actualy have two trips planned in the next year so I'll be sure to switch my countdown as soon as our October trip ends! I like the idea of a shorter fridge countdown too but I'm always worried about friends and family judging our Disney addiction haha.

Sounds like camera's run in the family eh? I agree that it is addictive. I already have a list of equipment I would like to buy eventually.

ummm..... no gold dress in the ballroom?!

(wait that kinda sounds like a line from the game Clue, doesn't it?)

but still - thats blasphemous. Ours had the gigantic, gorgeous gold dress that I was dying to see up close afterwards because it moved so beautifully. My biggest complaint with the production we saw was that the guy who played the Beast played him as a really whiney, dopey guy. It was pretty offputting, but the rest of the cast was wonderful. Our Belle's voice was a dead-ringer for Paige O'Hara.

I do the countdown once I've booked. I use a desktop ticker from Intercot as well as a signature ticker here on the DIS. I'm toying with the idea of doing a paperchain for the last 100 days if I have time to make one.

Regardless of the amount of time out, I like seeing a reminder that I'm actually going (since I only go every 3-4 years right now) and seeing that progress is being made. It's also particularly useful to have it on my desktop at work .... remind me of why I'm putting up with a job that I don't paticularly like at all and escape a little bit during the day dreaming about the trip.

It was blasphemous! that dress is my favorite of all the princess dresses! The Gaston from our show was amazing, probably my favourite (other then Belle who also did a great job).

I've never heard of intercot and I completely forgot to mention the Dis tickers I love those because you can actually see your icon getting closer. It definitely makes the work day easier to have that reminder nearby.

I'm still reading but had to stop for a second to reply before I forgot what I wanted to say!

1)
Name: Ali :wave:
Number of visits to WDW: 10 (with 11 on it's way!)
If you could only visit one attraction: Soarin'
If you could only visit one restaurant: Rose & Crown
If you could only meet one character: Goofy
If you could stay at any resort: Polynesian (although I've never stayed there before I imagine that I would love it)
If you could only eat one snack: mint chocolate chip ice cream cone from Hollywood Scoops. I don't know why...it's just better in WDW.
If you could only have one drink: Toss up between the Welsh Dragon and the Pina Colava.
I know I'm a Disney addict because: I have 6 hours of Disney music on my iPod, I have a Disney tattoo, and a Disney Dooney. I buy a Passporter for each trip, as well as the Complete Guide to WDW each year when it comes out, and all I ever do is think about Disney...so yeah....

2)
I own two Disney cookbooks and I have made the Chicken Pot Pie from....I think 50's PTC?? I did tweak it slightly but it's so amazing!!

3)
We'll be in WDW from 10/13 - 10/25 and we'll be at BWV during your dates! Maybe we'll see you on our walks to Epcot!

4)
Dang it, now I forgot what else I was gonna say! :confused: OK, back to reading!

ETA: Oh I remember! Renting points is the BEST!! We use a private owner though instead of Dave's but I'd use them if my owner didn't have points available. We stayed at OKW in July and that was our first time renting... So awesome! It's always been my dream to stay at AKL and we couldn't afford it at the regular package rate....but renting?? 4 nights, AKV, Jambo House, this October. Beyond excited for my Savannah View!!!!!

OK seriously...back to reading now...
1. Nice to meet you Ali! Everything is better at WDW. I've never stayed at the Poly but we always end up there to eat or hang out.

2. Mmmm Chicken Pot Pie, I wasn't super impressed with the one at 50's but our whole experience wasn't great so maybe that's why. I do love a good homemade one though.

3. YAY for being there at the same time! Do you have a PTR going? I'll have to check it out.

4. Memory's overrated anyways :P Yes I loved the cost reduction with renting points, maybe its a gamble but we wouldn't of been able to stay at BCV without it.

Hey! That's my Disney tattoo! Well...just Simba...without the words... :rotfl2:

I love taking pics at Disney! I came home with over 5000 pictures one year! :faint: Thankfully they were on a memory card and not film :-)scared: ) so I could pick out the bad ones...or eliminate 399 of the 400 pics I took of Cinderella's Castle....

I really thought I wanted a DSLR for a long time. I decided to upgrade to a DSLR sized P & S to see what that was like. I had the Canon SX10 and before that I had the Canon SX2 IS. I liked the SX2 way better and I only replaced it because it fell off the refrigerator onto the floor and broke (read: knocked off refrigerator by cat). Then it pretty much just got to the point where I got sick of carrying it around...it was heavy, I had to actually put it away in the backpack to go on rides...and here's my DBF, putting his tiny little P & S in his pocket. So I opted to sell the big one and put the money towards a new, smaller one. My mom ended up buying me the exact one I wanted (Canon SX260) for my birthday and I LOVE it. I can't wait to use it in WDW this year!

I do pretty big scrapbooks though! I made one for every trip I've been on starting with my 3rd, although I haven't even started one for our trip this past July because it's an expensive hobby and I'm broke! :rotfl2: Hoping to get started sometime soon though! I also print out some pictures in 5 x 7 or 8 x 10 and then frame them. I love having a little Disney memory in every room of our apartment! :cloud9:

My wife would love to get a similar tattoo. She is a diehard Lion King fan.

Nothing wrong with 400 castle pics, it is a blast to photograph it.

I had a panasonic lumix P & S prior to this and really enjoyed it. It had a 16 x optical zoom that was amazing. I'm bringing it along with the DSLR so that Jess can use it and for parades at such because we don't have a telephoto lense yet.

Haven't tried scrapbooking, I am horrible with anything artistic. I do have lot's of Disney family photos everywhere. Makes every room seem just a little more cheery. I also posted our drawings from the Animation Academy in my office. I find that lovely too despite my above mentionned poor performance with art haha.

Oh thanks for joining in btw :)

icountdown is free and you can customize it so that you can make it any disney picture you would like

I like that type of countdown too! Having the ability to customize is nice.

I have a disney countdown app on my phone, it just says "countdown". I can select different disney pictures for the background. DH and i text every few days with how many days to go. we definitely dont do anything spectacular, but lets say we excitedly observe the days going by.
Love the opening quote btw!

I really like that quote too, kept me going through many hard times and helps me remember to enjoy life. but I admit that I love seeing the days go by too!

No PTR yet....I want to start it but I feel like I won't have enough to talk about for the next 135 days! I was thinking about starting it when I hit Double Digits...but I feel like having a PTR helps the time go by faster...so I don't know what to do! :confused3

If you want my slightly tweaked Chicken Pot Pie recipe, let me know! I'll be happy to share it! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter