Disney Trivia December 2020 Exercise Challenge

Yesterday we had a pretty nice day and today is going be around 55. After having 30 degree temps and 12-13 inches of snow a week ago, I take it. DH and I went for a walk at lunch and then I gave DD (who really needs to move for 2 reasons. 1. for her health and 2. so the coalition that we just had removed from her ankle doesn't grow back) 2 options. She could either get on the treadmill or go for a walk outside with me. She decided to go for a walk with me. We went for about 20-30 minutes. It was a good workout for me. That girl walks so fast. So I got my time in outside. Today I am going to try and get out of work early to be able to do my December 5k outside. We are supposed to hit 55 this afternoon.

12/10 -- 66 minutes

Total -- 536/1860

Congratulations to PollyannaMom on turning Orange!

What is the oldest ride in the Magic Kingdom? (Hint: think older than Opening Day.)

The Prince Charming Regal Carousel was built in 1917 by the Philadelphia Toboggan Co. It was the Liberty Carrousel at Belle Isle Park in Detroit, Michigan. It has been at the Magic Kingdom since Opening Day in 1971 (first named Cinderella's Golden Carousel).

I actually got the last 2 questions correct. 💪🏻 I believe the carousel in King’s Island (in Cincinnat, OH) is one of the oldest carousels in the country that is still operating. I figured MK’s carousel must be pretty old too.

Thursday was thankfully a rest day, and I have 60 minutes from yesterday. Will update later with what I do tonight.
400/700

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith as the first team member to turn Purple!

For December 13, here are some questions regarding the Haunted Mansion:

Where is the house that inspired Disneyland's Haunted Mansion?

The Shipley-Lydecker House was built in Baltimore in 1803.

The Haunted Mansion is the only Disney attraction to be located in different lands in the different parks. Where will you find each Haunted Mansion?

Disneyland: New Orleans Square
Walt Disney World: Liberty Square.
Tokyo Disneyland: Fantasyland
Disneyland Paris: Frontierland (Phantom Manor)
Hong Kong Disneyland: Mystic Point (Mystic Manor)

Does the floor descend in the Stretching Room, or does the ceiling rise?

It depends on which park you're in. The Stretching Room descends at Disneyland and at Disneyland Paris. The ceiling rises at WDW and Tokyo Disneyland.

Who is the voice of Madame Leota, the head in the crystal ball?

Eleanor Audley, who voiced Maleficent and Cinderella's Wicked Stepmother.

What are the names of the Hitchhiking Ghosts?

Gus, Ezra, and Phineas

Last edited:
Friday I ran a 5k. It was nice out so I left work early to be able to get it done before it cooled off for the day. We were seasonally warm at 55 on Friday. I was proud that I was able to knock 5 minutes off of my time. It was mostly walking but I did add in some jugging here and there.

December 11 -- 79
December 12 -- 60
December 13 -- 45

Total -- 720/1860

Skipped the treadmill Sunday because we ended up having to clean out the attic. (We found some mold and spent 5 hours hauling everything out, wiping down bins, sorting through boxes to see what could be saved, etc. - The remediation crew is coming Wednesday to clear out the mold and put in a new vent.)

But I'm figuring I at least got my 20 minutes in for the "hauling stuff up and down stairs" part.

195/500

Congratulations to Twlight Sparkle for turning Purple! And with today's reports, the TEAM jumped 10%!

Today, let's look at WDW's water parks.

What are the water parks' mascots? Blizzard Beach: Ice Gator; Typhoon Lagoon: Lagoona Gator

Which park has the fastest water slide, and what speed can you reach on it? Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach; up to 60 miles per hour!

How many gallons of water are in Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool?I saw reports of 2.75-3 million gallons

Which Orlando water park was the most visited water park in the United States in 2019? Typhoon Lagoon, followed by Blizzard Beach and then Universal's Volcano Bay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter