Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I was only clarifying because on DISBoards, none of really know who 'MansionButler84' is. Is he someone like our @rteetz? Rteetz has been saying with confidence for a while that he believes there will be some sort of a soft opening of the Skyliner DHS/CBR/Pop-AoA lines on Aug 28th.
I do still believe we will see a soft opening around that date if not on that date.

Once word is out I don't think it will take long for the gondola's to be filled!

Yeah, I think just word of mouth around the resorts would spread fairly quickly without them needing to do much advertising. Plus if they open without a peep, they can start with a fairly low amount of people to get the hang of how things are going to go and steadily increase from there, as opposed to a widely known date where a lot of people who aren't even staying at those resorts will probably get over there to try them out.

They could just leave something under the door at the respective resorts saying something about the lines from POP/AoA to CBR and CBR to HS are open, come try it out.
As far as the resorts ..AOA, POP an CBR they could just add the announcement to daily activities or whatever it's called on the in room tv
The problem with that is, once they've formally announced it to Guests, they're pretty much committed to keeping it going. Typically (at least with attractions) initial soft openings are come-and-go, running for a few hours then shutting down with no notice.

After they've successfully executed a few unannounced soft openings, and have attained full staffing, then at that point I would expect them to publish it on resort collateral. Hopefully, they'll be at that point by SWGE opening day.

This is "simply" another mode of transportation, and people are used to transportation being changed up at Disney, usually through simple signage and a CM or two (the monorail does this frequently as do the boats). They could easily keep the buses running or start them up again through soft openings/testing.

How could they do a soft opening of a transportation system without telling people about it? It doesn't make sense. How would people know that they could ride it?

Just take the walls down and have them running and staffed with CMs and people will figure it out ... Not to mention all the bloggers that will notice and post it places

I get your point but enough attention is on these that I think people that are interested will figure it out

How could they do a soft opening of a transportation system without telling people about it? It doesn't make sense. How would people know that they could ride it?

Just take the walls down and have them running and staffed with CMs and people will figure it out ... Not to mention all the bloggers that will notice and post it places

I get your point but enough attention is on these that I think people that are interested will figure it out
I was only clarifying because on DISBoards, none of really know who 'MansionButler84' is. Is he someone like our @rteetz? Rteetz has been saying with confidence for a while that he believes there will be some sort of a soft opening of the Skyliner DHS/CBR/Pop-AoA lines on Aug 28th.

The guy from the Passport to the Parks videos has said he understands it that the 28th is the day that Doppylmyer officially turns it over to Disney for operation

So seems like a lot of day/reports pointing to that date for some sort of soft opening

Well, according to the Internet, Star Wars is dead and the land is a disaster and empty and also no one will ride in these flying death traps ... So shouldn't be an issue
No no no.
Not flying death traps. We've already established that they are...

FLYING DEATH OVENS THAT RANDOMLY FALL FROM THE SKY INTO MANEATING, GATOR-INFESTED SWAMP WATER WHERE YOUR BRAIN WILL BE TURNED TO MUSH BY DEADLY AMOEBAS

Steve

No no no.
Not flying death traps. We've already established that they are...

FLYING DEATH OVENS THAT RANDOMLY FALL FROM THE SKY INTO MANEATING, GATOR-INFESTED SWAMP WATER WHERE YOUR BRAIN WILL BE TURNED TO MUSH BY DEADLY AMOEBAS

Steve
I'm confused. Will I die from heat stroke, injuries suffered during the fall or food for the gator? I certaintly won't live long enough for the amoebas to do their job.

It was so refreshing this morning there were actually two or three positive, fun, not beating a dead post to death. Let’s keep it up.
Let’s be Tigger’s for the next few weeks ... No more Eeyore’s

Last edited:

And you do walk right by them to the buses leaving DHS.

Pretty sure walking around a huge line of guests (unless its a walk on of course) loading and riding will give it away.

Last edited:
FWIW (probably not much) the gondolas were not running Monday afternoon when the thunderstorm was happening. There were none on the line from Riveria to the Boardwalk turn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter