• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Premier Visa card- anyone upgrading?

They dropped the limit on our card a year or so ago when the credit crunch happened.....it's now a measely 700.00.....so it would take me a LONG time to charge enough to make the new Premier card work. I'd have to max it out, pay it off, max it out, pay it off LOL

Thinking about calling them and asking that our original limit be reinstated before our trip this year....we always go over the 700.00 limit at Disney and then have to move on to our other rewards card because it takes Chase a day or two to post payments so even if we pay it off while at Disney it doesn't give us enough time to charge again.

I totally understand that other Chase cards make more economic sense, but I love the little bit of Magic :wizard: I feel every time I pull my card out of my wallet to pay for something. I know, I know. I'm also the person who doesn't mind extra money being taken out of my paycheck for taxes because I like the little rush of a nice refund come tax time.

So the way I understand it, I can go to the grocery store and buy giftcards to be used at places that otherwise wouldn't qualify for the 2% reward (clothing stores, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.) receive the benefit of the 2% grocery reward. Sweet.

Also, can anyone confirm that if you use a TA to book a vacation, that Disney charges your card and not the TA? I'm hoping that's the case because I really loved my TA at Small World Vacations, and was hoping to use her again when I book... hoping 2013 package rates come out early again this year so I can make it in that 3-month 5% window! That would ensure that I had a Magical Day!

Also, can anyone confirm that if you use a TA to book a vacation, that Disney charges your card and not the TA?
I may be wrong, but I think it depends on what you book. If it is a WDW package, like free dining or something, then it goes through Disney. If it's say, a AAA room only, I think it is through TA.

I may be wrong, but I think it depends on what you book. If it is a WDW package, like free dining or something, then it goes through Disney. If it's say, a AAA room only, I think it is through TA.

Awesome! That's what I was hoping. I'd be booking a package (can't wait for rates to come out!)
Also? LOVE your name. Did you get over to Gillette for the sendoff today? I've seen photos and that place was nuts! Go Pats!

I called 3 times about the Disney Vacation Club designation on the new Premier Card and the answer each time is NO. It will not be on the new card. If this is important, than do not upgrade.

Just upgraded! We'll earn more than $200 in rewards just from paying off the balance on our cruise. BTW, we pay ours off every month too and also had no problem qualifying.
I received the invitation in the mail today. I paid off my cruise last week. Bummer.

Just got the mail about it and upgraded. Thanks for the info here. I spend enough to make this worth it. May try to even pay off my next cruise quicker so i get the x5 points if the cruise works.

Just cannot bring myself to pay an annual fee on a credit card so think I will stick with the current one.

Just found this thread.Actually can help with some of the questions

I don't think I will upgrade. My groceries are all bought at Target, which they don't classify as grocery, plus I get 5% off with my red card. My gas is all bought with my AMEX at Costco, so I dont' think I would spend enough on other items in the double rewards category to make it worth it. I sure do love the designs though, and wish I could have the Sorcerer Mickey one!!
According to chase, target is a yes

The balance on our June Cruise with DCL is due in March. If we upgrade to this card and use it to pay off our balance, will we earn 5% back on that balance since it would be charged in the first 90 days after upgrade? If so, this would definitely be worth it for us.
Yup It would count
How do I see the annual statement. I just looked at my account but only find a monthly statement..
www.chase.com/yearend

Quick link.

Does anyone know if there's an additional application process or does one just agree to the annual fee and transfer to the new card?

I'm asking b/c I'm a SAHM and was able to get the regular Disney Visa 2 years ago but now new credit card rules claim you have to have personal income to be approved for a CC (at least that's what my local news station reported). Basically, I'm nervous about having to re-apply for this new card.

TIA!
If the upgrade is available for you, it will just change the current card to the premier. No credit checks. :goodvibes
We upgraded! We earn more than the $49 each year now and use our disney visa for everything and then pay it off each month. We'll recoup way more than the $49 fee.

I read somewhere that the benefits kick in 3 days after you upgrade. Does anyone know if this is true? Since we keep the same account number I can see how that would be. Not sure though if we have to activate the new card before it takes effect. Anyone????
Yes 3 business days from upgrade. current card will work til you activate the new one.
How do you know what qualifies as a grocery store?

There are a few independently owned grocery stores in my area that we go to every so often. I'd want to know if they count before I go!
If you have a current charge from that grocery, then call Chase and they can tell you whether it will count.

I want the card but my only hestitation is that my current card says Day 1 and DVC member wondering if my new card will say that as well!!

Anyone find out if the cruises are still 6 months intrest free?

Cruises yes. Day 1 yes. I don't see why they can't add the 4th line embossing

I totally understand that other Chase cards make more economic sense, but I love the little bit of Magic :wizard: I feel every time I pull my card out of my wallet to pay for something. I know, I know. I'm also the person who doesn't mind extra money being taken out of my paycheck for taxes because I like the little rush of a nice refund come tax time.

So the way I understand it, I can go to the grocery store and buy giftcards to be used at places that otherwise wouldn't qualify for the 2% reward (clothing stores, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.) receive the benefit of the 2% grocery reward. Sweet.

Also, can anyone confirm that if you use a TA to book a vacation, that Disney charges your card and not the TA? I'm hoping that's the case because I really loved my TA at Small World Vacations, and was hoping to use her again when I book... hoping 2013 package rates come out early again this year so I can make it in that 3-month 5% window! That would ensure that I had a Magical Day!

As long as the TA uses Disney for booking.If it comes up as say Small World vacations or AAA no

We upgraded a couple days ago. How do I know when Chase has switched us from the regular rewards to the premier one?

We upgraded a couple days ago. How do I know when Chase has switched us from the regular rewards to the premier one?

I'd like to know too. According to the paperwork I received today, the 3 month "5% bonus" period starts the day you upgrade. So does that mean my 90 days already started on my "old" card and will just continue when I activate the new one? :confused3

I had to call to upgrade but I did it and should be getting my new card any day now.

I should not admit this but the primary reason I switched was to get the Sorcerer Mickey. I love DHS and that card reminds me of the park!

I had the Tink design and they changed it from the last issue of my Tink card. I was disappointed when I saw the new design doesn't have the lime green and the Tink is so large the tips of her wings and her toes are cut off!!! I really don't like the new design so I'm looking forward to the Sorcerer, Yensid.

I should not admit this but the primary reason I switched was to get the Sorcerer Mickey.
I really want the Sorcerer Mickey card but won't be up grading my card. I hope in the future they have this as an option for the regular Disney Visa. In the mean time it is me and classic Mickey.

We upgraded. I charge everything and pay it off each month. We have over 1200 disney dollars for the trip we are taking in a couple of weeks. The woman said she fell off her chair when she saw the rewards. ;)

I was excited that me and DH could each get our own design:cool1:. I got Mickey and Minnie :lovestruc and I ordered Sorcerer Mickey for DH. the 5% will work out well for next three months...we are driving to Disney in a couple of weeks and South Carolina in April. The gas will add up quick. :)

Just found this thread.Actually can help with some of the questions

According to chase, target is a yes

I don't believe this is true for all Targets. You can check your year end summary and see how your Target is classified. Ours never shows up as Grocery.

Please forgive my foggy brain this morning, but can someone please clarify for me...if I upgrade, do I get the $100 bonus or is that strictly for new members?

I definitely put more than enough on the card to recoup the $49 fee, but switching from a no-fee card is giving me pause. If I did indeed get the $100 bonus credit, I guess I'd at least feel like the first 2 years were fee-free, LOL.

Can you tell I just really want the new card, but haven't justified it in my head? :rotfl:

Please forgive my foggy brain this morning, but can someone please clarify for me...if I upgrade, do I get the $100 bonus or is that strictly for new members?

I definitely put more than enough on the card to recoup the $49 fee, but switching from a no-fee card is giving me pause. If I did indeed get the $100 bonus credit, I guess I'd at least feel like the first 2 years were fee-free, LOL.

Can you tell I just really want the new card, but haven't justified it in my head? :rotfl:

I'm pretty sure the $100 is only for brand new card members. I was not offered the $100, just the 5% bonus in certain categories for the 1st 3 months.

I'm still waiting! I checked my account & there's no indication that I've been switched over yet.

I just ordered the new card! I pay off the balance every month and usually end up with several hundred dollars to use each year in Disney!

I had just booked a trip for this Nov. a couple weeks ago. I was going to cancel that ressie (without penalty) and book it again under the new card to get 5%. Can I put more $ on the trip in the next three months to earn 5%? If something happens between now and when the full amount is due... I think sometime is Oct... can I get a refund if I need to cancel? Of course, I do not plan on canceling but the trip is far off and things can change. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter